What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tikal

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi konopenko,

11 weeks of flowering is usually enough for Tikal from seed.

Thanks, the props fully go to komanche who has done all the breeding of the strain since 2002-2003, i just gave him the guatemala seeds (which originally came from Octopus garden) and the kush/haze mother clones and he did the rest.
He will be very happy to see your outcome.

I'm glad you are enjoying the aromas and its overall performance.
The hybrids you have produced sound great :)

Please, let us know your opinion about the quality of the effect and aromas after a bit of curing.
Sounds like your jars are ready for the summer time ;)

S

scai

In da greenhouse, at last.Weather is still rainy and cold, no summer 2015? at all?

picture.php

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
these photos weren't the best but the plants are doing good for having root aphids.

Tikal about 12 weeks

this one is lightly sweet smelling
picture.php

picture.php

this one seems like it has a lot longer.
picture.php

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tikal about 12 weeks

this one has a hazy smell, sort of like SSH
picture.php

picture.php

and this one is not as interesting.
picture.php

picture.php

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Scai,

It's been cool -even cold- here too.

They look quite happy in the greenhouse. Lots to be said about a bit of protection from the weather.

S

scai

Claude, our daytime temperature is about 10-15 C, and that ain't a lot! Have to keep a electric heater running. I don't know what's wrong, El Nino?
Yes I have seen in newsflash that you had quite a bit snow there, and we didn't..
And I'm in Arctic Circle?

C

Collembola

Hello gang, first time here. I have a Tikal that is on day 34 of flower and I was wondering if someone can help me identify the phenotype I have.Thank you.

hello,

i am new too - so pinch of salt with this please!:

- i am only running under a 250w; but yours looks to lean more to the guatemala (??) (relatively speaking) (i think)

- are they regs ? (or either guessing higher intensity light then mine!)

---------

i bought tikal fems in 2014 and germed 4 - 2 lean more to the "kush haze (?)" (darker, wider leaf, thicker stem, more terpene) and some more to the "guatemala"; more nodal distance, lankier, thinner leaf etc i am guessing.

(although they both started with similar looking leaflets)

- not a VAST amount of difference though, with height etc but you can see bits and pieces from each - like 1 of each type seem to have a-symmetrical branching (guessing from guatemala (?))

----------

/\ can anyone please tell me if there is a big difference in effect between the seemingly more guatemala oriented ones ?, and the more kushy looking ones ?.

the more guatemala leaning ones i have, have a very unassuming odor (- very mild) (- i don't know if this is just my plants though ?).

- are they the "Warm sativa experience of mind and body" phenos to look for ?

or does that suggested effect also carry through to the kush ones too ? / are they more body loaded etc ?

- if anyone can help ?

THANKS!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Tikal about 12 weeks

this one has a hazy smell, sort of like SSH

Thanks Corpsey for sharing your Tikals :)

Tikal had a slight touch of old Haze when it was initially bred, but later was backcrossed again towards the pure Guatemala sativa, and then breed further for a few generations more, fixing new desirable traits to create its own character.

You can easily find hazy incensey aromas in the line but i think Tikal is quite different to SSH or similar dutch haze hybrids, as there's no evident skunk or afghani influence in Tikal.

My favourite Tikal expression is the more modern and tamed generation with refined sweet peach incensey aromas. There are also other older wilder looking phenos like the ones you have posted, which are more related to the pure guatemala genetics, these ones have a less refined terpene profile for modern standards (woody, spicy, sour, incensey) but the effects of this wilder phenos are great, especially for the pure sativa lovers: very clear, funny and psychedelic when correctly grown.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hello gang, first time here. I have a Tikal that is on day 34 of flower and I was wondering if someone can help me identify the phenotype I have.

Thank you.

Welcome Neiko :)

Thanks for sharing pics of your Tikal, looks like a promising female! I like a lot its branching and excellent flower/leaf ratio.
I would say it's a quite tamed guatemala/hazy expression with very desirable traits and good indoor adaptability.

How are the aromas now in the second half of flowering ?

Kind regards!

Neiko

Welcome Neiko :)

Thanks for sharing pics of your Tikal, looks like a promising female! I like a lot its branching and excellent flower/leaf ratio.
I would say it's a quite tamed guatemala/hazy expression with very desirable traits and good indoor adaptability.

How are the aromas now in the second half of flowering ?

Kind regards!

Thanks for the response, I kinda gave up, I didn't think anyone was monitoring this forum much anymore. I will get some nice pics of her after lights go out tonight and post tomorrow. She is just beautiful now, the amount of bud is quite remarkable. I sent some pics to Luis and he identified it as the guatemalan/old haze pheno. It is just finishing week 9, as far as smells go I can't quite tell. There are other strains in with her that overpower the tikal. I am quite excited for this to finish. It looks like she will go quite a bit longer though, I am thinking 13+ weeks. Thanks for the input.

S

scai

So we do, I always give repu to pictures ;) they speak louder than words...

Neiko

OK gang here she is, sorry for the pink in the last couple, the lights started coming on before I was done. She is ending week 9 tomorrow from flip to 12/12.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks for looking.

Neiko

OK I'm new and learning the pic thing, I don't know why only 2 of the 5 uploaded, I'll try again. Sorry if it ends up double posting.

C

Collembola

Please, feel free to post pics of yours so we can help you to identify what kind of phenos you are growing. Thanks!

thankyou!

i have 4 tikal feminised from late 2014 i think (f5 ?);

here is type 1 (i got 2x)

picture.php

and then type 2 (1x) (burned floral cluster at top - Oops)

picture.php

(darker, stouter, more trichome coverage and terpene strength vs #1) (is this the "strawb / peach ?" (thankyou for the information)

i also got 1x that didn't like being topped much with a-symmetrical branching.

-------------------

please could you elaborate on the differences on effect ?; is the strawberry peach more disorientating and body loaded etc ?.

- or could you please tell me which phenotype you prefer and why ?.

if that is OK ? (i have been struggling for finding tikal smoke reports!!) (...and have no patience)

thankyou very much for any help.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
OK gang here she is, sorry for the pink in the last couple, the lights started coming on before I was done. She is ending week 9 tomorrow from flip to 12/12.

Thanks for looking.

Beautiful sativa Tikal female, Neiko :)

Does it smell dark, incensey and hashy ?

Judging only by the photos, it reminds me of the best lines of Tikal fem 2008.

9 weeks is really fast for this pheno, usually these more sativa expressions take up to 11 weeks. Thanks for sharing it!