What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hillary Clinton isn’t blowing smoke when she says she’s open to legalizing marijuana

Jhhnn

Veteran
so how many of us here are defending the REP's?
I know I'm not.
that's the problem when a person aligns themselves blindly to a political party,
when that party screws up and its pointed out.
they try to defend the indefensible,
and sad to say its done by attacking the other party,
weak defense, but a defense slim.

as far as current affairs slim,
at last count the dems have held the presidency for 6 years now and running the show.
btw
maybe it escaped you,
but the 1st 2yeras of which the dems had complete control of the govt.
the republicans had no power and were but mere spectators in office.
so the dems passed whatever they wanted with no rep. interference.
so its been a total of 6 yrs and counting.
what did they accomplish that made this nation better for the people??

this nation is the worst Ive seen it in my lifetime since Obozo took the helm.
its his, he owns it by this time.

1 more thing trying to defend the indefensible Jhhnn.
i see your still using the oldest excuses defending this admin.
you need to update your playbook.
bushes fault and you don't like Obama because your racists aren't even used by harry reid and pelosi anymore lol!! :biggrin:

The idea that Dems owned the govt for 2 years is factually incorrect. Ted Kennedy died Aug 29, 2009, depriving Dems of the 60 votes needed to override a filibuster. His successor, Scott Brown, was sworn in Feb 4, 2010, giving Repubs 41 votes & it's been filibuster city ever since.

Not defending the Repubs? You echo their talking points entirely.

Slim Pickens

Veteran
I lean fiscally conservative, that's not dem or rep for sure.

Too bad that they couldn't spend some of that money that they (both parties) waste on National Defense (actually the term should be National Offense,but let's not quibble) on independent studies into the many undiscovered benefits of Cannabis...but I guess we will just have to depend on other countries to do that. <sarcasm>

RetroGrow

Veteran
From Gnome's linked hatchet job-

That's the most important part. The rest is hack.

Hillary is a lying scumbag, who didn't think twice about dragging a 12 year old rape VICTIM, just as she hasn't thought twice about enabling and lying about her husband's extensive drug use, and his serial philandering.
Her husband was caught having sex with an intern in the White House, but Hillary stood by her man. To the Clintons, lying means nothing. It's the way they do business. It's how they get ahead, at the expense of others. She's known all along about his drug use, but continues to lie about it. Who lies more, the Clintons, or the Obamas? That's a tough question. The mystery here is how you can support someone who is devoid of any sense of integrity. Every word out of her mouth is suspect. She and her husband are PROVEN liars, and that's the least of their "crimes". And yet, you support these despicable liars. It's unfathomable to support scum like this. Obama should be in prison for all the crimes he's committed, but he can't be impeached because he's mulatto. His supporters would cry "racism".
Do I support Republicans?
No!!!!!
Do I support Democrats?
Hell, no!!!!!!
They are both scum. It seems you fail to realize that.
Defending the indefensible is ludicrous. We all see through the sham, we all hear the lies.
These criminals should be the last people considered to run the country. They are ruthless and dishonest to the core. And the nerve of Hillary announcing that she wasn't "well off" is a joke. Her husband has made over 100 million giving speeches. Her daughter was paid $600,000 as an intern for NBC. She demands $225,000 to speak at a university. Celebrity worship is out of control. It's as if people will vote for anyone who is a familiar face on television.
The Clintons are beneath contempt. They are gangsters, nothing more. Everyone who has knowledge of Clinton's cocaine habit was either pardoned or killed. Look it up.

RetroGrow

Veteran
This just in!
"Hillary Clinton might be hoping no one buys “Nixon’s Secrets” — Roger Stone’s new book marking the 40th anniversary of the Watergate scandal.

Stone — a Nixon staffer who is so partisan he has a tattoo of his old boss’ face on his back — reports that Clinton was fired as a staff lawyer for the House of Representatives’ Judiciary Committee for “writing fraudulent legal briefs, lying to investigators and confiscating public documents.”

Yale Law School grad Clinton was 26 in 1974 when she started working for the committee that was investigating whether or not there was enough evidence to impeach or prosecute President Nixon for the Watergate affair.

Clinton’s boss, Jerry Zeifman, the general counsel and chief of staff to the Watergate Committee, claims he fired her because she was working to impede the investigation and undermine Nixon’s defense.

“Hillary’s lies and unethical behavior goes back farther — and goes much deeper — than anyone realizes,” Zeifman told Fox News in 2008. When asked why he fired Clinton, Zeifman responded, “Because she is a liar.”

In 2008, after Hillary campaigned in his home state of Connecticut, Zeifman wrote that he regretted “I had not reported her unethical practices to the appropriate bar associations . . . Nixon clearly had right to counsel, but Hillary . . . wrote a fraudulent legal brief and confiscated public documents to hide her deception.”

http://pagesix.com/2014/06/27/clint...obe-book/?_ga=1.9006069.1381510005.1389473017

I'm going to restrain myself from making other comments about Hillary Clinton, the Clintons, or other political shit as tough as that is.

If there's even a half truth to what she said, at least if means that if she's elected she wouldn't turn back the progress made by Colorado and Washington and other medical states.

I think candidates for President should be asked if they will continue allowing states to be "laboratories of democracy" and respect state laws or if they would use their authority as chief LEO to more strictly enforce federal law.

The "we need to do more research about medical effects" and the "wait and see how Colorado and Washington turn out" is just political speak, essentially saying "this isn't an issue I care enough about to take any real stand on."

Classic Seeds

Veteran
I don't believe anything any politician is saying if their lips are moving they are lying .when you see one smoking a joint in public you can be sure they support it .they will say anything to get control of the power but never keep those promises aloha cls

Jhhnn

Veteran
I'm going to restrain myself from making other comments about Hillary Clinton, the Clintons, or other political shit as tough as that is.

If there's even a half truth to what she said, at least if means that if she's elected she wouldn't turn back the progress made by Colorado and Washington and other medical states.

I think candidates for President should be asked if they will continue allowing states to be "laboratories of democracy" and respect state laws or if they would use their authority as chief LEO to more strictly enforce federal law.

The "we need to do more research about medical effects" and the "wait and see how Colorado and Washington turn out" is just political speak, essentially saying "this isn't an issue I care enough about to take any real stand on."

That's constructive. I think that the smart people have known for a long time that legalization would work but didn't see the political will to make it happen. Right, wrong or indifferent wasn't the issue. The issue was standing up to a hail of political gunfire over something they didn't really care about & couldn't tell which way the wind was blowing. The great thing about the citizen initiative behind A64 is that they didn't have to do that. The people of Colorado did that. When Obama held fire because of States Rights, prohibitionists had to know that they were screwed. That's their rhetoric, their own weapon turned against them.

A lot of them are smart people, too, who also knew that legalization would work. They wanted it not to happen if only because it was a highly emotional issue, one where they could callously fear monger against the unknown to hold a segment of the voters in thrall, "working to keep their communities safe". They just need something to work against, something about which relatively little is known, something they can puff up as a threat. They have lots of issues like that. CO legalization changes all that, because they have to work against the known- facts, figures, police reports, hospital records, mental health clinic records, tax records, on and on. Marijuana won't be their kind of issue any more. No mystery, no conspiracy.

With Hillary, it's important to remember that her most rabid opponents have also been rabid supporters of prohibition, too, conservative values being what they are. Now that we put their own knife in 'em, she'll twist it a little, just so they can feel the love.

watts

ohms
Veteran
Each party just blames the other one and nobody ends up taking accountability. This is how they get away with what they do.

Divide and Conquer.

Jhhnn

Veteran
^ bla bla bla colorado bla bla bla obama bla bla bla

It's like a record on repeat.

Nothing personal, but I don't understand the negativity. Other than A64 itself, non-interference from Washington is all we need to dispel the myths of prohibition. Any politician who comes down on that side of it is an ally in that regard.

Other than the Vietnam War, marijuana has been the most divisive & damaging American social issue of my lifetime. This is a healing opportunity, an important one, one that won't come again for a very long while. It shouldn't be much longer, I figure, until our success is undeniable, with outright complicity from the Obama Admin making it possible. That's the truth. Deal with it. That won't be confined to the borders of this state or even this country, either.

jayjayfrank

Veteran
i believe most of us feel accepting a system where things "won't come again for a very long while" is the problem itself

hoping to work towards the 'better' within such a system only strengthens the system, which feeds on the oppression to begin with

un-system has become the answer

Jhhnn

Veteran
i believe most of us feel accepting a system where things "won't come again for a very long while" is the problem itself

hoping to work towards the 'better' within such a system only strengthens the system, which feeds on the oppression to begin with

un-system has become the answer

Un-system is un-possible & utterly undesirable. It's not the nature of human beings at all, never has been. It's not like the system has been imposed on humanity by some alien race. We made it, and we've changed it many times in many places on this planet. We're changing it now. Even when it gets torn down to nearly nothing, people build it back up again in some form or another because we need one to live better than our primitive ancestors did thousands of years ago. It's as basic as running water, sewers, roads, schools, turning up the thermostat, & the rest.

I'm pretty sure that an un-system would provide un- of that.

HunterJ

Nothing personal, but I don't understand the negativity.

I have no problem understanding the negativity, or hostility ... It's a reaction to your apparent naivete, and born of hard experience. After so many years being hunted by rabid pollies and their sociopathic LEO, as most (I would say) here have been, you are suggesting we cosy up to 'some bastard - insert most any pollies name here' without adopting the extreme caution due these most dangerous of people, as if you haven't known the war on drugs from the trenches.

Other than the Vietnam War, marijuana has been the most divisive & damaging American social issue of my lifetime.

You can't have missed the latest war, on human rights (by another name, the war on terror), especially privacy, being led by the USA in the name of security. I suspect with the legal/decriminalization will come a ramping up of that one. You say as much yourself elsewhere, the pollies need a 'other' they can demonise so as to be seen to protect their constituents from 'IT' - what 'it' is doesn't really matter, to a pollie.

This is a healing opportunity, an important one, one that won't come again for a very long while. It shouldn't be much longer, I figure, until our success is undeniable, with outright complicity from the Obama Admin making it possible. That's the truth. Deal with it. That won't be confined to the borders of this state or even this country, either.

That's for sure, a healing op, and it will reverberate throughout the western 'democracies'. It already is. Goes for everything else the US gov does.

If you lie with a beast expect beastly things ... And the beast can be so seductive. It's just the way of things, not personal.

Last edited:

oldchuck

Veteran
Other than the Vietnam War, marijuana has been the most divisive & damaging American social issue of my lifetime.

WTF Jhhnn? We must be living in different countries on different planets. Weed isn't even in the top ten in my book. Vietnam is ancient history to me and I am probably older than you.

What about (in no special order): Racism, sexism, sexual preference, science, abortion, renewable energy, imperialism, economic inequality and the rise of the 1%, militarism and the rise of the police state, human caused climate change? And I'm sure I forgot a couple.

Regarding all the comments on lying politicians, clearly none of you have ever actually asked people to vote for you. If you had you would discover that it is virtually impossible to run for office in a representative system without "lying." It is impossible to win office at a senior level without shading the truth or your own true opinions on a daily basis. People don't vote for honesty. They vote for confirmation of their own opinions.

Jhhnn

Veteran
WTF Jhhnn? We must be living in different countries on different planets. Weed isn't even in the top ten in my book. Vietnam is ancient history to me and I am probably older than you.

What about (in no special order): Racism, sexism, sexual preference, science, abortion, renewable energy, imperialism, economic inequality and the rise of the 1%, militarism and the rise of the police state, human caused climate change? And I'm sure I forgot a couple.

Regarding all the comments on lying politicians, clearly none of you have ever actually asked people to vote for you. If you had you would discover that it is virtually impossible to run for office in a representative system without "lying." It is impossible to win office at a senior level without shading the truth or your own true opinions on a daily basis. People don't vote for honesty. They vote for confirmation of their own opinions.

None of the issues you mention have created an enormous nation-wide black market or led to the arrest & incarceration of nearly as many people as the marijuana war. None have led to nearly the same level of pervasive disrespect for the processes of law & democracy. None have enriched & empowered murderous Mexican Mafiosi whose reach extends into this country as well. None have provided the prison industrial complex with nearly as much human fodder. None have enabled the expansion of the police state nearly as much, either.

Which is not to deny the legitimacy of those issues at all.

Bulldog420

Veteran
At least Palin has some experience in politics. I would rather have her and her amazing rack than the pretender in chief we have now.

I am going through job interviews right now and they want my job history since I started working. They want to see every job all the way back into high school. My question for you, why is the president of the United States not put through the same ringer? Guess that is why we are in the state we are now, foolish voters.

Latest posts

Latest posts