What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MASSIVE INDOOR COMMERCIAL GROW

G

honestly.. there is no reason to rent anything. get a 30 yr morgage.

EVERYONE ONE. NOOB OR 60 yrs OLD. LISTEN.

TIME VALUE OF MONEY principle

your 30yr morgatge. is locked in at a rate..
in 30 yrs u have the same rate, that rate. will not be the same in technicality, because.. inflation and realestate value rarely decreases, except during depression or over evaluation.. BUT i dont see populations dropping off, land is valuable it will gain value over time, money at a current value will drop over time...

if your paying 900 a month or 1200 a month, on a morgage, for a 4 bedroom home, it will stay that rate, for the next 30 yrs.. IN 10 YEARS, COME PM ME, and tell me where u found a 4 bedroom home for the same price, because it wont exist.. THIS IS WHY RENTING IS STUPID. unless you plan to move in 5 years, which most people dont, its irrational.. your not working towards credit or an asset, your working for a debt machine. i studied this shit in school. trust me. people who pay off 30 yr morgages in 9 to 12 years might seem smart, but really. where do you make out. the point of it is to drag it on for a longer time period, to where you start to make out. because TIME VALUE OF MONEY. OVER TIME, CURRENT VALUE IS NOT EQUAL TO FUTURE VALUE. i just wish everyone understood this. anyhow.. huge commercial grows.. god bless you, you have nerves of steal. i been in prison once, i'd rather die than go back.

Last edited:
G

thanks for helping to cement the fact that. the time value of money, isnt fixed, but IF YOU FIX IN AT A RATE, your set, but this is ment for 5 yr plus investments. tax inflation and utiilllities, arent fixed. life sucks invest or pay the debt machine.

G

at no point in time really, will renting pay off, your still accumulating debt, when you could be accumulating ownership in an asset which the value of which is increasing over time.. normally faster than the rate of payment interest, i dont know how to type the forumla into here.. but trust me.. renting doesnt pay off... even a 36 month car lease ends up screwing you in todays standards, in the 90's u'd be okay, but by todays standard ur fucked.

jojajico

Veteran
Maj.PotHead said:
hypothetical.

buddy becarefull even speaking this i did with a family member on a much smaller scale and hypothetical. became i was doing it and not just it but involved a family member to move it for me. personally i would never do it just the crew to operate this 5000 plant op would be crazy i know i know do it 1-2 times and lifes easy street eh. but if you get cought they wont just place you in federal prison they'll concrete a new 1 over your but. hell i actually turned down an offer to fill a 3000 sqft warehouse some1 was willing to buy just for the purpose of 1-2 crops. i told him 1st i would need @ least 20 ppl i could trust hell i dont know 20 i could trust on that level. duder the amount your talking about ppl die over because of the millions of dollars involved think about it. but if i did i would have to use flood and drain tabels flood drain to waste sog in RW cubes i would run 600w light's because of cost and heat and really do my homework. honestly i prefer a 1 on 1 relationship with my girls and 5000 wouldnt get the proper attention they need and require. pluss thats 5000 chances for 5000 different things to happen or go wrong
i dont get whats so hard to understand about hypothetical. im not planning on doing this so stop trying to coach me up as if i was. HYPOTHETICAL. simply a topic for discussion and debate thats it.

Burt

Veteran
Thanks Monty!
You speak like a wise man and I'm grateful to have stumbled upon this thread.
Please continue to share your insights.

purcellville

Self Proclaimed Hash Whore
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Though I never have and never will run anything other than a personal med op.. I am thoroughly enjoying this thread and FM in particular. Thanks all. Remember the key word... HYPOTHETICAL

Bake_McBride

Maj.PotHead said:
lewgrew's fuck the cops thread he had like 120 plants if i remember right and pulled approx 60 lbs

This is a quote by lougrew! from the above mentioned thread. "Oh did i say 620 plants oops its probly 1620 plants.............."

Not 120, 1620.

jojajico

Veteran
Bake_McBride said:
This is a quote by lougrew! from the above mentioned thread. "Oh did i say 620 plants oops its probly 1620 plants.............."

Not 120, 1620.
was about to say that 1/2 lb per plant thats really impressive. not so much so now lol.

pico

Veteran
Ok that is some great info FullMonty. Time to look in to 'No Doc' loans.

The business this person would start is something he/she has been looking in to for a while. This is not just a front business, but a business that he/she would want to do for the rest of their life. This person is very knowledgeable in the subject. So hopefully there would be legit money going through the business early on and then turn to only legit money sooner than later. The real estate just factors in to all of this as a good business idea. Plus it gives a good safe place to bang out a harvest every once and a while.

When I said 50-100k for a house I didn't mean actually putting that money down. But I am glad you clarified that. I just would want 50-100k sitting somewhere when I got the house just to be on the safe side.

I think the plan would be to get the house, do 1-2 grows in it, clean the place up, get permits (if needed) and remodel the place using cash whenever possible. Then sell/rent it and repeat. Now lets say you have a property rented out and it covers the morgage...does that mean that the lender will give you another loan?

Any other ideas on getting money in to the system?

Thanks a bundle.

M

Mr. Nevermind

pico said:
Ok that is some great info FullMonty. Time to look in to 'No Doc' loans.

The business this person would start is something he/she has been looking in to for a while. This is not just a front business, but a business that he/she would want to do for the rest of their life. This person is very knowledgeable in the subject. So hopefully there would be legit money going through the business early on and then turn to only legit money sooner than later. The real estate just factors in to all of this as a good business idea. Plus it gives a good safe place to bang out a harvest every once and a while.

When I said 50-100k for a house I didn't mean actually putting that money down. But I am glad you clarified that. I just would want 50-100k sitting somewhere when I got the house just to be on the safe side.

I think the plan would be to get the house, do 1-2 grows in it, clean the place up, get permits (if needed) and remodel the place using cash whenever possible. Then sell/rent it and repeat. Now lets say you have a property rented out and it covers the morgage...does that mean that the lender will give you another loan?

Any other ideas on getting money in to the system?

Thanks a bundle.

Depends on lender. Some lenders use 70% of rental income as opposed to 100% of rental income. So it really is going to depend on your debt ratio. However with no doc loans the debt ratio can be much higher, sometimes 55% , which is alot easier than conventional loans wanting a 30% DR. As long as you donnt have alot of large debts with high monthly payemnts you should be ok even if 70% of rental income is used.

Nevermind

Burt

Veteran
so monty-what do you feel is a comfortable amount to be depositing in a small business acct per week?
I'm thinking no more than 5-800 a week?
How about another personal acct you deposit your "tips" in from a part time pizza delivery business?
Also, you talked briefly in another thread about buying hydro supplies-what is the safest way to do this in your opinion?
Peas...

BlindDate

Veteran
So, the alternative is to start, let's say......a (thinking for something funny)....Hmmm...how about...I got it! a mobile detailing business! (chosen because several hundred a day might not be unreasonable, etc...) Okay, so, you register the way your city/county/state requires...(dba-less than 50 bucks), print some business cards, you take dba to bank, open your bank account, and, there you go....Last time I checked state sales tax was not applicable for service business's, but, one would have to check their industry with their state. Some things, some states, may be/require sales tax for services...

This advice is a joke.
All businesses are required to keep records. You would need to show reciepts with customers information, phone numbers, etc. A portion will pay with credit cards, etc. Your business will require supplies. You would need reciepts for them It is VERY hard to fake a business. If they are suspicious enough to investigate in the first place you're f%$ked.

Last edited:

pico

Veteran
When was the last time you gave any sort of personal information when getting a car detailed? I just give them cash and they clean my car. Some businesses don't take credit cards either.

But I think the idea is not to have the business be total bullshit. IE, operate the business and put 'extra' money in. Not like hundreds of thousands of dollars or anything.

I know a ton of legit businesses that operate with cash and keep little to no records at all. What would happen if a cash business got audited anyways? What if you just didn't have the records to back things up? What then?

M

Mr. Nevermind

pico said:
When was the last time you gave any sort of personal information when getting a car detailed? I just give them cash and they clean my car. Some businesses don't take credit cards either.

But I think the idea is not to have the business be total bullshit. IE, operate the business and put 'extra' money in. Not like hundreds of thousands of dollars or anything.

I know a ton of legit businesses that operate with cash and keep little to no records at all. What would happen if a cash business got audited anyways? What if you just didn't have the records to back things up? What then?

then you can lose you license , get fined or shut down depending on the industry. Some states dont play. and some industries in 1st year or two of business you can bet your ass you will be audited and that aint good if you dont have records. Some businesses you can be fined 3 times the amount of commision for example. so say you make 5k and dotn keep valid records then you can be fined up to 15K and that aint a good way to make $$. some business arent that strict but you do need to keep records. even getting a car detailed most places have a database of clients and when last visit was, amount of transaction and dates

Nevermind

pico

Veteran
what about an artist who sells stuff at fairs/markets and for cash? Would that kind of business be audited? Surely you won't be taking any customer info for that. I can think of a ton of cash businesses that no info is ever asked of for the customer.

pico

Veteran
No Doc is probably the route because my friend has less than 10k on the books, fairly good credit history, and no job at the moment. But has plenty of cash to spend.

Pesonally, 100K, I would go: 20-40 business, 20 house(set up, etc), 40 reserves...

But if this friend has 100k and has not 'cleaned' it yet, how does he put it in to a business? Would the best plan of attack be to start the business and then get the house like 6 months later or so. that way you could have some sort of legit money to pay closing costs and mortgage payments?

pico

Veteran
Oh and are you more likely to get audited if you write a lot of stuff off? Like lets say for instance you report 80 grand a year income through your business. Lets just say that business is a photography business or something like that. Now if you bought 30 grand in equiptment and write that off would they be more likely to audit you than if you just write off like 5 grand in business purchases? The equiptment would actually be bought and this isn't a crazy scheme to get out of paying taxes. Can you write off the mortgage payments on your house if you had say a studio or film darkroom in the house? Is it better to keep the business and house seperate if you plan on growing in the house at some point?

G

I buy all my rental houses on "no doc" loans that cost me 6% instead of 2 points over prime cuz I`m in the business and exploit it.......The only way to prosper and not get caught is as FM has stated and limit your grows to temporary and move on to next house while acquiring a portfolio of rental homes that`re paid for within 10 yrs. if you apply rental funds positively instead of 30 yrs. on an amortization schedule that allows you to keep from payin $450,000 for a $150,000 price tag.......Peace..DHF...... :sasmokin:

Latest posts

Latest posts