What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

165 dollars a liter for Advanced Nutrients Piranha Liquid 1L

BIG JT

You are totally on point milehigh...some of us don't know how to use the compliment sandwich...let me demonstrate

AN has great products with catchy vibrant colored labels that are pleasing to the eye, ive never used their products personally, but have seen many side by side grows and they do work

However, I feel that what they are paying for raw materials and packaging/marketing, compared to the retail price of their products is absolutely rediculous. Not to mention that they fight the laws of labeling every step of the way to ensure you never know what you're getting. Reverse engineering has shown that what they say is in the product, REALLY ISN'T IN THE PRODUCT OR IS NOT IN THE PROPORTIONS LISTED ON THE LABELING. How can we trust people and give them our money, while they lie to us about what is in our product. Would you ever buy weed from someone who sold you CHEMDOG and said it was SOUR DIESEL? Sure they are both great weed, but WE ALL KNOW THAT YOU ARE LYING AND HAVE BEEN CAUGHT LYING MANY TIMES. The guy that runs the company is a complete douchebag to say the least, he's from Canada(no offense). They market the Trim Reaper, machine is great, but AN doesn't even produce these units, they're just able to get $1500 for a unit that costs maybe $200 tops to build, by using AN's marketing and graphics team.

That being said, I think that their product does what it's supposed to do. All the plants i've seen that have been fed AN are green, they have nice buds on them too.

TAH DAH:shooty:

I don't use AN. I wouldn't recommend it. And I definitely don't like their marketing.

But, I think everyone has the right to spend their money however they want and shouldn't be so heavily ragged on for it. Of course it's over-priced. That part is really obvious, it doesn't need to be continually pointed out. This is a HOBBY for most people, and a lot of people like to spend a lot of money on that sort of thing. It makes them happy, they enjoy it.

I was pointing it out because I don't know anyone that enjoys getting ripped off. Just because someone enjoys doing something doesn't mean a company has the right to lie and rip them off.

Advanced Nutrients does work.

So didn't the Pinto. It worked fine (for a few months). Just imagine if someone paid 65,000 for one. Wouldn't you want to inform them they are getting ripped off if they didn't know?

If their prices were fair, you could consider them a pretty decent product.

But they're not, hence this thread.

A little bit of reading will show you how to make all their products for a fraction of the cost.

Hence AN ripping growers off.

That's great for those that can/want to do that. But some people don't, and who care's, let them go.

So you know growers that like getting ripped off? I have never met one. Don't sound like it much from some of the other comments in this thread.

And don't forget, some people just don't care about money. So comments about the cost are meaningless to them.

LOL :laughing:, Ya I am sure there are the 1% where money grows on trees (hehe pun intented) for the rest of us we would like to use their products for reasonable prices. 330 dollars for 2 liter of root enhancements isn't reasonable to most people. My comments are directed at the 99% that it's not meaningless to. Most compaines I know care about what their customers think.

I would love to use all their products, but I am in the crew that doesn't like getting ripped off. :tiphat:

D

danimarie193

Its all about what each grower likes and no matter what you say that is how its going to be. I am a small time guy myself and I love AN.

I like AN too. I dislike however getting ripped off. No different then if I went to the local mechanic and he/she told me I needed a bunch of work I didn't need then charged me a ton of money for it. I find it amazing that some of you think it's OK to take advantage of growers. 330 dollars for two liters of root enhancements is ripping people off no matter how you look at it. How many people do you know that would go to the ripoff mechanic if they knew he/she would rip them off?

for sure there is some type of marketing behind AN, i mean "big bud" "bud candy" sensi zym". but they do have more of a QUALITY nutrient. they use better ingredients for growing bud, using better salts for the bases than GH or Botanicare. I use to use fox farm from start to finish. I recently just ran 4 plants from seed, all Church from Greenhouse seeds. 2 of them i used my whole AN line with Iguana as my base, and 2 of them with fox farm and the an base nutes.
My churches with AN not only got much larger, but the stalks, trichs, leafs, and buds are all 100% better than the ones with fox farm and AN base.
it basically comes down to if you want to pay the extra money to get better buds. yes you can achieve the same basic results with any other nute but there is a difference between the vast majority of AN nutes.
HOWEVER, i will agree that some of their prices are sky high. Voodoo juice-105$, Pirhana-100$, Bud ignitor- 85$.
I still use them though, because they give me buds that are more of MY PERSONAL PREFERENCE. sticky, stinky, purple, lush, dark green, lung expanding. AND MY JOINTS STAY LIT.

S

Scruffydss

Its all about what each grower likes and no matter what you say that is how its going to be. I am a small time guy myself and I love AN.

And if somebody showed you that you are paying at minimum 43 X the price of other "off the shelf" nutes you are cool with that? ... not including all the root this and bloom that snake oil crap that you can drop a few more $$ on :blowbubbles:

Somehow AN must be actually changing the genetics of your weed to something astronomical in nature for such blind devotion

Not hating but seriously statements like yours amaze me

Grow on LOL

D

danimarie193

You think what you want to think and I will think what I want to think. Atleast I think I still have that right. These is the last time I am coming in this thread. I have used lots of different nutes and I happen to think AN is the best out there. You can think that whatever brand you use is the best but I have seen with my own two eyes the results you can get with AN. I had to change my avatar just in honor of this thread.

S

Scruffydss

You think what you want to think and I will think what I want to think. At least I think I still have that right. These is the last time I am coming in this thread. I have used lots of different nutes and I happen to think AN is the best out there. You can think that whatever brand you use is the best but I have seen with my own two eyes the results you can get with AN. I had to change my avatar just in honor of this thread.

Of course you have the "right" to spend your hard earned $$ in any way you choose ... but ...

It is not a matter of hating ... anyone can pick sides and attempt to justify their reasons for doing so

But it is physically impossible for a specific brand of nutes to change the genetic makeup of a strain of cannabis to make it produce higher thc levels etc

So the only argument is "possible" higher yields ... to attach yourself to that theory you would have to increase your yields at minimum 43 X that of another nute line like MB, Jacks, Peters etc etc just to break even

While I have seen some people defend their use of AN to the bone I have yet to see any "proof" that this would be possible

I challenge you or anyone else to do a comparison of AN vs any of the above to justify the additional costs

You have already spent $100's for one harvest so what is another $15.00 for a bag of MB for example to do a comparison

G

Guest 18340

This thread is veering off topic. Theirs an AN lovers/haters thread here where you guys can profess your feelings.

S

Scruffydss

The topic of the thread is to justify $165.00 for a bottle of AN Piranha ... I have not seen anything presented so far to justify the cost

I also set a challenge for the AN people to compare AN to more cost effective nutes ... I believe we are still on topic :smoke:

G

Guest 18340

"What's in this stuff that could warrant paying 165 dollars for a liter of this stuff? I use AN and the stuff I use works fine. But I mean really what is this stuff going to do for 165 dollars? If you add in Voodoo Juice your looking at 265 dollars for two products. I just don't see how much better it could make my plants for the high cost.

Anyone else know?"

growshopfrank

Veteran
One thing AN has taught the growing community is to never underestimate the value of good marketing.

P.S. When someone says rosebud to me I think of a puckered pink anus but hey that's just one mans thought.

fabvariousk

Veteran
I would demand head from the girl at the hydro store with every liter purchase or NO DICE.
Not that I would ever use liquid nutes again.
Just yesterday I bought 10 pounds of six week generic fertilizer for five bucks from the walmarket. I will be able to get many a pound from that investment.
Imagine the quality I would get if I spent ten bucks on nutes:)
I know a little off topic but 165 bucks for something that is questionable on whether or not it does anything for your plants is bananas. Damn hydro is expensive.

dark green

Yeah Dark Green is the Way to go.... eh wait.

SERIOUSLY Guys, Stop Buying Shit. Anything that works in AN Products ist just to compensate for the lack of skills of the User. Anyone with a little Clue about Horticulture will refuse to buy anything from AN. There Marketing is targeted at Stupid Poeple, plain and Simple!

I normally dont post like that, but this Forum is getting out of hand.

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
Butttttttt it's got ENZYMES!

All of which come from the malted barley ingredient - available at a home brew store for about $3.50 per lb. depending on the level of malting. If you bought a 50 lb. bag of organic barley seed you could make 20 gallons for about $.25 - total.

And why adding (basically) Vegamite and/or Marmite to an agricultural product (*cough*cough*cough*) proves to be quite a mystery as well.

Interesting times up at Goober City in B.C. (Bring Cash)

I'm all verklempt and such - I need a hankie!

CC

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
4 days after using the great white ,i am seeing a very noticable difference in growth..I had poisioned my plants this round by adding dark energy before they went into full flower.
After adding this stuff ,the leaves went to dark green ,growth exploded and the yellow leaves and speckles disappeared...So it seems to me the stuff does work ,,

BCNeil

Of course you have the "right" to spend your hard earned $$ in any way you choose ... but ...

It is not a matter of hating ... anyone can pick sides and attempt to justify their reasons for doing so

But it is physically impossible for a specific brand of nutes to change the genetic makeup of a strain of cannabis to make it produce higher thc levels etc

So the only argument is "possible" higher yields ... to attach yourself to that theory you would have to increase your yields at minimum 43 X that of another nute line like MB, Jacks, Peters etc etc just to break even

While I have seen some people defend their use of AN to the bone I have yet to see any "proof" that this would be possible

I challenge you or anyone else to do a comparison of AN vs any of the above to justify the additional costs

You have already spent $100's for one harvest so what is another $15.00 for a bag of MB for example to do a comparison

You need a 43 times yield increase to break even. Using AN instead of the other manufactures you have listed???

Wow unique math! Does that mean if a current AN user tries another line that you mention, suddenly make 43 times more money???

I currently use a combo of AN bases (Sensi a+b), along with bud ignitor, kushie kush, overdrive, and a home made bud candy.
Kept a chart over a grow, found it cost me roughly $3.00per OZ.

Adding the new Pirahna into my next cycle would increase that by a dollar an OZ or so.

How much would adding Pirahna to your next grow cost you per OZ of weed grown, remember you use 2ml of it per litre weeks 1-2 only.

The topic of the thread is to justify $165.00 for a bottle of AN Piranha ... I have not seen anything presented so far to justify the cost

I also set a challenge for the AN people to compare AN to more cost effective nutes ... I believe we are still on topic :smoke:

Latest posts

Latest posts