What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dual 150w Stealth Cab Build + First Grow (Pics)

Thanks Hella, it tastes fantastic too. The cure is nice right now at ... i dunno, 4 weeks I think? Very choice.

Chopped the last of MxB down tonight, trimmed, and hung. Everything else is in jars, or already smoked =) Went up in the attic and turned the fan off yay! Although it's so quiet now I don't even notice it yay! Jury rigged one of my dinky little S&P's with DIY carbon filter into the drying cab, and it seems to be containing the smell, then again, I can't really tell, I've been smoking non-stop all night.

Feels good to be done with the first grow, except for a week of drying before knowing the final dry weight. I will tell you this, it's less than I had hoped.

B1E came in at just over 30g, and MxB looks to be right about the same, plus or minus a few grams.

This is bad news, because there's no way this would last me until the next possible harvest, even if I hadn't given any away, which I have. But such is life...and here's the plan going forward.

I'm going to take out the HPS and set up a rack with the T5's inside and start the Greenhouse Great White Shark seeds. By the time I'm ready to flower, I'm going to clone and set up another tent for flowering. Probably another DR-60, but now I'm eyeballing....that tent that YOU posted in the Grow Tents thread.

It might actually be PERFECT for my space...but I don't wanna be a test rabbit =(

M

MRJackHerrer

just read the whole thread

just read the whole thread

What a journey you have had my friend! great read! one of the best threads i have read on here. sometimes the best lessons are the bought lessons in life...have fun with that first pull. :smoker:

Hella THC

It might actually be PERFECT for my space...but I don't wanna be a test rabbit =(
:laughing: Yeah, I prodded at Tripstick in his thread (which is great, by the way) to be the guinea pig. We'll see if he bites first, lmao! Or maybe both of you will procrastinate and I'll be the first one to get it. Ain't that some shit.

I think im going with that tent... let us know if you order it
:joint:

It will probably be a little while before I order, because I won't "need" another tent until I'm ready to flower, and I haven't dropped the next set of beans yet, so I have a few months before it has to be here.....plenty of time for you to order yours and let me know how it is first :nanana:

What a journey you have had my friend! great read! one of the best threads i have read on here. sometimes the best lessons are the bought lessons in life...have fun with that first pull. :smoker:

Hahaha, thanks Jack! Appreciate you reading through, hope you had a good time, and yes, I'm enjoying it. :joint:

wow thouse buds look like the ones i just harvested but much bigger.

Then lets have a toast and a toke, my friend. Cheers! :friends:

:laughing: Yeah, I prodded at Tripstick in his thread (which is great, by the way) to be the guinea pig. We'll see if he bites first, lmao! Or maybe both of you will procrastinate and I'll be the first one to get it. Ain't that some shit.

I like that last option! ^^

And so it comes to a close....

Everything is jarred up at this point, and we have a final tally.

Kiwi: 42g
B1E: 30.1
MxB: 28.4

Total: 100.5, 3 1/2 zips.

In addition, I have ~40g of varying grades of trim, but much of it is quality, lots of popcorn, not just leaf.

Not too shabby for a virgin.

I'm going to withhold judgment on B1E and MxB until they have at minimum a 2 week cure. MxB dried very quickly, hopefully not too quickly. She has a very pungent odor that is not entirely pleasant, I'm hoping it mellows out a little with the cure, or changes for the better in some other way. She does NOT appear to have been seeded at all, as far as i can tell right now. The dried buds are not very photogenic.

B1E is smokeable already, but needs longer cure for sure. The seeds do not appear to be much of an issue at first glance, as they are very immature, but further time will tell.

I've changed my plans for what I'm doing with the trim. I'm skipping the bags for now, as I have plenty of other stuff to purchase in the near to immediate future. Instead, I'm replacing the metal screen on my dry sift box with 110u silkscreen (the metal screen was leeting through WAAAY too much green shit upon close inspection).

I plan to dry sift the trim (it'll be a pain in the ass, because my dry sift box is tiny). Then I'm going to make butter with the leftovers, and we'll see how it turns out.

I'm 90% sure I'm going to play it safe and get another DR60 instead of the other tent, sorry guys, but let me know how it goes if you do get it.

Think I found several problem solvers while I was at the big boys toy store today. Vent department definately has all the parts I need to re-route my ducting to the closet, just need to get up there and find out if it's 4, 6, or 8 inch ducting.

The door department had some bi-fold doors that I think I will get for the closet, as long as they are secureable.

And I think I found a wire-rack that will work in the veg tent.

Time to spend some more dough...again. But this will be it, hahaha!

Can't remember if I mentioned or not, next run will be GHS Great White Shark, and hopefully going perpetual at the same time. A few runs of that, then Subcool's Space Queen will be the next down the road.

Also going to start using the Blumat auto-watering system on this next run, I have high hopes for that system, check out Sunnydogs grow show to see what it is capable of.

Here's a few final pics of the harvest, much of which is gone already, hence, it don't look like 3 1/2 zips, hahaha.

281.jpg

282.jpg

283.jpg

284.jpg

285.jpg

Little update for ya

Little update for ya

Been a bit, thought I'd update you on my progress, because I didn't sit still for long!

Construction is done (again) for the time being (again). Lessons learned the hard way (again) this time:

• 4 inch ducting, in general, does not move much air. For my purposes, it does not move enough air.
  • Nothing is ever easy, ever.
  • I hate working in the attic
  • You can cut yourself really bad with aluminum tape
  • Your growing environment will be at LEAST a few degrees over ambient. This means that if you want your plants to live in 75 degree weather, you must keep your house (or, preferably, smaller compartment with separate cooling) in the 70 degree range. This sucks balls when you live in a state that is still HOT in October and your A/C sucks and is a money pit.
  • I do not like the taste of cannabutter, even after purifying 3 times. But damn if that shit don't work.
And surely there is more. Here's what happened:

Butter

I took all my trimmings and made a big batch of butter, kinda....see, I can't not fuck shit up, so after the initial cookdown, when I was pouring into the first container.....well, I'd been stirring the shit for HOURS and that was really boring, so naturally I toked....a lot....so by the time it came time to pour the shit into containers, I was blasted. I overfilled the first container by I don't know how much before I realized what I was doing, so a bunch went right down into the garbage disposal, lol.

I think I ended up with ... just under 2 cups of butter, if I recall correctly. I re-melted in water and re-solidified 3 times, so the water was pretty clear by then.

I first made a batch of ghirardelli chocolate chip cookies which didn't turn out very well. They all baked together, and got too hard. They also tasted VERY canna to me. The combination of crunchy hardness and canna taste made it nearly impossible for me to finish an entire cookie (they were big) and they took a long time to really kick in (in the neighborhood of an hour and half) but when it did, simple motor tasks (like stirring) were suddenly very complicated.

I next made a batch of raspberry crumble bars, hoping the raspberry would mask the canna taste, and would not get crunchy hard. I didn't try them yet (thawing one out for tomorrow, if I can muster it, lol) but my friends reviews were VERY positive. I donated the last of the butter to a friend.

Oh, and did I mention that I made the butter AFTER I dry sifted all the shake, producing a respectable amount of kief? I have most of it still saved, trying to think of an effective way to press it, and considering buying one of those clay extruders.

I do need to make a bigger, better dry-sift screen though.

So that was the finish of my first grow! Not flawless by any means, but productive, and a great base to build on, so let's go!

Construction

Here's what i ended up doing with the closet. Instead of bi-fold doors, I got new hanging doors that slide. I also installed a simple cabinet lock. It's not ultra-secure, but I won't need to worrry about leaving the bedroom door locked at all times when home anymore. There's a curtain hanging over the door for some stealth. Unfortunately, due to the door design, only one side can be open at a time, which is going to be a PITA.

Up in the attic I went for the work I'd REALLY been dreading, running new ducting. Remember, my attic is a virtually non-existant crawl space.

At first, I split the ducting going to the bathroom, and I ran the 4 in insulated ducting I had lying around to the closet. Cut a hole and installed a vent, connected to ducting aaaaannnnnd....hardly any fucking air. The shorter run + larger (5 in) ducting going to the bathroom was stealing too much of the air.

So I had to disconnect the bathroom duct entirely. Now my bathroom is hot and humid. Need to find a better solution, like cutting another hole in the distribution box.

The other problem is even after doing that, not enough cold air is reaching the closet. My a/c is running WAY too hard to keep the house at 75, which is enough to get the closet down to 70-72. That temperature rises at night though, as the house stays cooler longer. The situation is far from ideal, but it will work for now. What I have not taken into account is that it WILL get cold soon (I hope), and I will have to disconnect the closet once I turn the heat on in the house, and then I might have to leave the close open so that it can draw cooler air from the room.

/facepalm

And this is all with just one of my t5 arrays going.

Great White Shark

I took 3 Greenhouse Seeds Great White Shark beans (from original 5 pack, 2 went to my bro) and soaked in water overnight, then into moist paper towels into bags for ~48 hrs, at which point all three had cracked. Into LC's mix in plastic cups, all three were above soil within 48 more hours. Seedlings were all healthy and vigorous.

Transplanted into fertilized LC's mix around 2 weeks of age, all three had a healthy root system. They are starting to take off nicely, and I think we are around 3, 3 1/2 weeks.

New equipment

New toys on the way, including another DR60. But there's some things I need to do / get hasta pronto. These include:

• Buy parts for, and assemble bubble cloner
  • Purchase or build some kind of rack/stand for the veg tent. I have two T5 arrays that I want to mount, one level will contain clones, the other the moms.
  • Buy some organic supplies: I don't think the soil i have left after transplanting is enough for the clones that I plan on flowering out
Going forward

I'll be putting my GWS grow out into a journal. I hope all 3 fare well, and that I can take a couple of clones from each. I want to flower out at least one clone of each plant, and from the finished result, pick a keeper. I also want to try to grow and maintain a bonsai mom of the keeper. If I can nail that technique, I hope to someday have a nice varied stable of moms.

As stated, after that, I want to do the same thing with my Space Queen beans.

I'll wait until I'm in flower before I start the journal, and plan on doing weekly postings from start to harvest. Keep an eye open for sharks in the water.

Bork

Open Eyes

Good read.

One thing i noticed is that you persevered and kept at it no matter what challenges you faced and this made you learn from your mistakes. Dont worry about how much you spent compared to other people as this knowledge does not have a pricetag attached.

\i think you have a green thumb.

enter sandman

Beautiful job brother...you're plenty psyched, as I was, when I first started. I use a 200 watt hps in a stealth cab, close to yer 250. You really are in love with it (smoking & growing) for I can tell. I wish you all the luck, but just remember the golden #1 rule...tell nobody. If you have close friends or a girlfriend...don't tell. Just believe me on this. Don't mean to preach, it's just that I know you are a true lover of cannabis & I'd like to see you do well. Peace & Stay Safe!

Hey guys, just checking in.

You could try water curing the trim before you make it into butter. This would help with the taste.

That sounds like a fantastic idea! I'll be giving it a shot on the next run of baked goods, though it may be a while, think I will pick up a set of Sprung bags for my next run.

I might water cure a small amount of finished bud as well, to have for stealth smoking.

Good read.

One thing i noticed is that you persevered and kept at it no matter what challenges you faced and this made you learn from your mistakes. Dont worry about how much you spent compared to other people as this knowledge does not have a pricetag attached.

\i think you have a green thumb.

Thanks a lot for the kind words! I will admit freely, I made a metric ton of mistakes, but I learned nearly as much. In the long run, that's priceless, and what I ended up with is a pretty damn nice setup, if I do say so myself (and I do). Stay tuned for a journal of my next adventure, as soon as these cuts (hopefully) root and I start flowering. I'm hoping to see roots aaaaaaaaaany minute now, so hopefully this whole show will be rocking in a few weeks max.

Beautiful job brother...you're plenty psyched, as I was, when I first started. I use a 200 watt hps in a stealth cab, close to yer 250. You really are in love with it (smoking & growing) for I can tell. I wish you all the luck, but just remember the golden #1 rule...tell nobody. If you have close friends or a girlfriend...don't tell. Just believe me on this. Don't mean to preach, it's just that I know you are a true lover of cannabis & I'd like to see you do well. Peace & Stay Safe!
Thanks a lot for stopping in! Love is probably the only appropriate word to describe the relationship.

I'll do my best to heed your advice. :)

Bork

Latest posts

Latest posts