What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sittin in my shed....

buzzmobile

Veteran
No, the dog wasn't drinking last night. I suspect the duck.
1672659551982.png

1672659606321.png

Last I heard it was disguised as a Canada Goose. Watch for one that doesn't flap its wings.
It was stopped at the border hidden in "plane" sight. Its wings were neatly folded inside. It's chilling to think what could have happened.
1672659868713.png

so, the DUCK was drunk? i thought ducks and red wine complemented one another
Read the label above. You thought right.
When they're not flying or breeding, ducks are either eating or drinking.
That either/or thing is limiting. Show the moose what else you do, Duck. Be sure to turn up the volume, @moose eater

moose eater

View attachment 18797809
View attachment 18797810

It was stopped at the border hidden in "plane" sight. Its wings were neatly folded inside. It's chilling to think what could have happened.
View attachment 18797811

Read the label above. You thought right.

That either/or thing is limiting. Show the moose what else you do, Duck. Be sure to turn up the volume, @moose eater

I believe 'duck fart' was a tasty beverage made with liqueurs but, I haven't ordered one in probably over 30-some years. Now I'm on a Google mission; be right back!

""A Duck Fart is a layered shot with Kahlua, Bailey’s Irish Cream and whiskey.""

Indeed!!

Unfortunately, as tasty as they are/were, they have a glycemic index value that results in a skull and cross-bones being pasted on every shot. But I highly recommend them for those who are able, or those not too timid to ask for one out loud at a bar.

""

Last edited:

mr.brunch

Veteran
I believe 'duck fart' was a tasty beverage made with liqueurs but, I haven't ordered one in probably over 30-some years. Now I'm on a Google mission; be right back!

""A Duck Fart is a layered shot with Kahlua, Bailey’s Irish Cream and whiskey.""

Indeed!!

Unfortunately, as tasty as they are/were, they have a glycemic index value that results in a skull and cross-bones being pasted on every shot. But I highly recommend them for those who are able, or those not too timid to ask for one out loud at a bar.

""
That looks potent…
We used to have Tia Maria with baileys on top in a shot glass called a baby Guinness.. dangerously tasty

moose eater

I did a bit of digging and it turns out the the duck producers up here had a massive cull earlier this year because avian flu broke out across Canada. A lot of them were almost wiped out - breeding stock and all. A real hard hit for the industry. So I suspect that they figured out how to 3D print ducks now to prevent any future disease disrupting the supply chain. So maybe the missing giblets is just a glitch in the print driver. Anyways here is Justin's number 613-992-4211.
You literalist, you!!

I just Googled that # for giggles, grins, etc., and lo and behold, it's indeed the contact number for Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

The complaint I now must spin should be entertaining at a minimum. Perhaps something about stabilizing International relations during times of tension, maybe casting myself as as affected liaison, for not only my affinity for duck, but as US citizen and a former resident of the Yukon Territory.

Hell, maybe there's, like, a paying position in this?

They're not going to expect a suit and tie type affair, are they?? I mean, the Yukon is definitely a denim and plaid shirts kind of place. As is Alaska. Good beer, lake trout, irreverent attitudes, denim, plaid, as well as latitude are the basis of what 'we' have in common.

I may have found my calling. The yin & yang outcomes of ducks without giblets!!

But now I may have a job!! Shit, I'll call Justin and see if I'm already late for work?! Yikes, first day and all!

moose eater

get those giblets, and don't take "NO" for an answer! we're counting on you!
I'm tenacious and OCD, if nothing else, but the PTSD says there's no telling how serious this whole giblet fiasco might become.

I'm on it!!

I'm hoping for at LEAST a tray of duck giblets out of this. Or maybe a gift certificate for some. Which really just brings the whole ordeal full-circle; there's few to no ducks in our stores, let alone duck giblets!!

My wife has patiently advised me to begin this recovery process by contacting the wholesale restaurant food supply store the ducks came from. A local-source kind of approach. She keeps me out of trouble. Good woman. Probably owe my freedom to her. And eventually, any giblets I recover, as well.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I just Googled that # for giggles, grins, etc., and lo and behold, it's indeed the contact number for Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

Yes. It is his number. Back when my kids were younger, we planned a road trip to Ottawa for a couple of nights. On a whim, I emailed the PM (Jean Chrétien at the time) and I asked him if he was free for dinner for one of the nights. I didn't expect a reply but the very next day, I got a call from the Prime Minister's office to thank me for the invite but expressing his regrets because he was busy.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Yes, I was impressed. His minions did their job well and gave a taxpayer warm & fuzzies. I tried the same thing with Jacques Chirac when he was pres of France, one time when my wife and I were going to Paris. I got a hand scrawled and unsigned note from his office a week or two after the trip . . . but they did reply. ;)

experienced

Haven't seen yr thread for a while Mr Brunch. I used to talk with you here in my previous incarnation. Then things went wierd when Covid came. Nice to see you survived.

How's England. Still slowly disappearing up its own backside? Gee I feel sorry for you all over there packed together like sardines ... flat caps on backwards these days ... talking funny ...

Hope you Family's health is good!!!

mr.brunch

Veteran
Haven't seen yr thread for a while Mr Brunch. I used to talk with you here in my previous incarnation. Then things went wierd when Covid came. Nice to see you survived.

How's England. Still slowly disappearing up its own backside? Gee I feel sorry for you all over there packed together like sardines ... flat caps on backwards these days ... talking funny ...

Hope you Family's health is good!!!
Hey mate
Hope life is treating you well
I absolutely despair for my country these days- we’ve been quietly taken over by the asset strippers, how we let it happen again after the 1980s is beyond me.
I try to stay in my family bubble as much as I can!

Little Miss B is back to school today so a small rest is needed… it’s been a hectic few weeks, mrs B and stepson B have been sick with the Norovirus for the past few days (luckily I’ve dodged it) so I’ve been cleaning up sick etc, but it seems to be clearing
Time for a joint break :tiphat:

experienced

Hey mate
Hope life is treating you well
I absolutely despair for my country these days- we’ve been quietly taken over by the asset strippers, how we let it happen again after the 1980s is beyond me.
I try to stay in my family bubble as much as I can!

Little Miss B is back to school today so a small rest is needed… it’s been a hectic few weeks, mrs B and stepson B have been sick with the Norovirus for the past few days (luckily I’ve dodged it) so I’ve been cleaning up sick etc, but it seems to be clearing
Time for a joint break :tiphat:
I used to think Life was for adventuring, but away from Family all seems like shit. So I 'm more family oriented these days than ever before.

The asset strippers eh? You know all you people living on that tiny island and very few people produce anything real these days (I mean food mostly), and every one has got a debt (same as here) and there's no money in the bank (altho like here a bit may be under mattresses ... $4000 per person says the tax dept.). It's not only the UK that's in the shit. The rest of us are too.
Which is what Putin is up to I think. Bankrupting european economies I mean. Oh well, so it goes ...

My kids are all grown up. I have great grandchildren would you believe? Soon I 'll be old enough to forget their names!

What a shit pile we've left the kids of the future ...

No joint break here. I smoke I die. So a bit of cookie later this avo ...

Live on ...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
latest Covid variant symptoms listed on 'net match up exactly with what i've been dealing with....but, those symptoms show up in nearly every cold-weather virus/illness in the world - coughing, sneezing, sinus drainage, body aches/pain, occasional mild intermittent fever, blahblahblah. not going out anywhere, wife already been sick/recovered. i know i had the original, this aint shit compared to it, if this even is covid. my doctor told me a couple of weeks ago that they were swamped with covid, flu, respiratory viruses...who knows ? getting better now... yesterday/last night/this morning by far the worst of it.

mr.brunch

Veteran
latest Covid variant symptoms listed on 'net match up exactly with what i've been dealing with....but, those symptoms show up in nearly every cold-weather virus/illness in the world - coughing, sneezing, sinus drainage, body aches/pain, occasional mild intermittent fever, blahblahblah. not going out anywhere, wife already been sick/recovered. i know i had the original, this aint shit compared to it, if this even is covid. my doctor told me a couple of weeks ago that they were swamped with covid, flu, respiratory viruses...who knows ? getting better now... yesterday/last night/this morning by far the worst of it.
Hope you are feeling better my friend, being Ill sucks.
Trying my first coffee since, doesn’t taste normal yet but it’ll wake me up :tiphat: