What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Good luck for tomorrow gypsy

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Congrats, the Kafkaesque story comes to an end.

Franz Kafka (1883-1924) was a Czech-born German-language writer whose surreal fiction vividly expressed the anxiety, alienation, and powerlessness of the individual in the 20th century. Kafka's work is characterized by nightmarish settings in which characters are crushed by nonsensical, blind authority. Thus, the word Kafkaesque is often applied to bizarre and impersonal administrative situations where the individual feels powerless to understand or control what is happening.

Hmmm....very much so, but with a happy ending.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
So what’s the next move, man...Are you able to bring your family here yet?

I have been working on that for a while, and it looks possible my wife could qualify now for a settlement visa. So we are taking advice, filling forms and getting documents for clearances and requirements, hopefully we have the whole visa bundle ready for submission within the next week or two. The kids break up from their current school year at the end of March, so if we can get the application in by then its possible we could all be together again may/june, or possibly earlier.

....I do hope that there is no further impediment to the continuation of our family life which might stall things again.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Fingers crossed for you , family is the most important thing after all. It must tear you up to be apart from them. I don’t even want to imagine it.

Green

Veteran
Franz Kafka (1883-1924) was a Czech-born German-language writer whose surreal fiction vividly expressed the anxiety, alienation, and powerlessness of the individual in the 20th century. Kafka's work is characterized by nightmarish settings in which characters are crushed by nonsensical, blind authority. Thus, the word Kafkaesque is often applied to bizarre and impersonal administrative situations where the individual feels powerless to understand or control what is happening.

Hmmm....very much so, but with a happy ending.

Great description and definition of Kafkaesque.
Your story reminded me so much of Kafka’s work “The Trial”. Apart from the ending, lol. Which I won’t speak of because You had a Hollywood happy ending!

Anyways, congrats again! And wish a swift return of your family. And may seeds keep spreading.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
My extradition to the USA has been refused by the UK, and maybe now I can start building my life up again after nearly 5 years of grief.

Does this mean you are free to travel to any Country that is a current member in the E.U.? Will this apply to all of the E.U. or just the U.K.?

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Does this mean you are free to travel to any Country that is a current member in the E.U.? Will this apply to all of the E.U. or just the U.K.?

My lawyers say that I had better not risk leaving the UK at this time until I have got things sorted with interpol and possibly the prosecutor in Maine USA....So this coming week I will contact my Public Defender in Maine, and see if he can get some sense from the Prosecutors Office.....we shall see.

Hoypare.

I have been working on that for a while, and it looks possible my wife could qualify now for a settlement visa. So we are taking advice, filling forms and getting documents for clearances and requirements, hopefully we have the whole visa bundle ready for submission within the next week or two. The kids break up from their current school year at the end of March, so if we can get the application in by then its possible we could all be together again may/june, or possibly earlier
Thats the best news :ying: mabuhay sa england Mrs Gypsy :tiphat::ying:

LouDog420

Awesome news GN! Nothing but good vibes for you and your family
tiphat.gif

Congrats Gypsy! Glad to hear my oppressive, evil government can't get their hands on you! You are lucky you sniffed out that rendition attempt, they would have water boarded you until you gave up your entire customer database and then they would have taken us all down just to spite you! lol
I shouldn't laugh but if I didn't I might cry...

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Congrats Gypsy! Glad to hear my oppressive, evil government can't get their hands on you! You are lucky you sniffed out that rendition attempt, they would have water boarded you until you gave up your entire customer database and then they would have taken us all down just to spite you! lol
I shouldn't laugh but if I didn't I might cry...

They could have waterboarded the Atlantic Ocean thru me...and I could not have given up anything since I don't recall names and addresses, don't travel with such data that might be so sensitive..and the moment I was taken close friends made sure that anything that might have been of any concern was way beyond my reach....I was even immediately locked out of this site....since I don't take security lightly....especially when others are at risk.

mowood3479

Veteran
Great to hear the good news!! Nothing sweeter than the threat of a caged existence being lifted... at least in my experience.
I hope ur able to reunite with your family soon.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Nearly there, looks like we have all the requirements for my wifes settlement visa now, just have to apply next week, once the immigration lawyer says its all in order...

Great to hear the good news!! Nothing sweeter than the threat of a caged existence being lifted... at least in my experience.
I hope ur able to reunite with your family soon.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Nearly there, looks like we have all the requirements for my wifes settlement visa now, just have to apply next week, once the immigration lawyer says its all in order...

Best of luck, I hope this goes without a hitch for the lot of you. So you can get your family back home, as soon as possible!

Cheers!

Latest posts

Latest posts