What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

VerdantGreen's bin growing! 28W LED Organic.

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
I think she will yield just fine in 10 days or so, I imagine the buds are pretty dense on the plant...

Look forward to seeing how well she produces and what the quality of smoke is like from the LED.

OLDproLg

Veteran
Hella COOL!!

28 watts...
i had the idea of using lenses with LED an someone came out with it.WAoo!!!
Lookin alot better the old LED stuff..
Be shure to show us the final nugz dried mang!!
They buds look hard an trichome covered so far...again,
COOL test!!!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks again Petflora! :tiphat:

shhh, yep i reckon another week... ive already tasted the quality that comes from this brand of LED and it's spectrum and im more than happy with it!

Tatz, well, i try and avoid impotent speculation over yields... but... i would be surprised if it was less than an oz.. :blowbubbles:

OLDproLg - yeah it's pretty amazing for 28 watts, and the 28 watts includes the fan in the fixture too!

pics from today at around 11 weeks. looking a bit messy as i re-arranged the canopy a little
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

VG

Dysnomia

Looks great, VG!

I think it's safe to say now that we have surpassed the 1oz line? Looks there's like 35g at least. Very impressive none the less.

Any differences in the smell department or overall differences compared to when the clone was grown under bigger lamps?

Regards,
Dysnomia:tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey Dysnomia, obviously the buds are bigger when the cut is grown under a bigger lamp... but these are surprisingly chunky for the wattage. smells great and is just as frosty as usual.
light intensity doesnt actually change the potency of the buds, just the weight (but obviously more bud will get you more stoned...

VG

T

trem0lo

Wow, what a great little light. You're getting nice results from these Hydro Grow lamps. Seems like they have their act together. Also they are a testament to you as a grower, good job!!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks trem0lo!

just back from a few days away, everything seems to be ok and i'll be taking a good look at the plant and hopefully chopping it early next week....

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
killerweed, shmalpy - thanks!

the plant got harvested today at about 12 weeks, certainly looks like a decent haul of buds from only a 28 watt light....
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

i'll have a dry weight in about a week or so....

VG

Tatz

Wow VeeGee, respect ! You pulled a nice plant out of 28 W, I think many a grower has to admit they use too frikkin' much wattage...!!!
I look forward to hear dry weight...

I really need to get my hands on some dough so I can start building...

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks guys, the dry weight was 31.5 grams - giving a gpw of 1.125

happy with that, havent smoked any yet but the smell is very strong, ive run this cut many times and certainly this time round it stinks as much or more than any other time. ive seen bigger and denser buds on it under bigger lights as you might expect but its quite a result to get over an ounce from such a tiny light.

i'll give the bin a rest for a few weeks and then probably use i to flower some males for my next seed run...

thanks for all the support and enthusiasm!

VG :tiphat:

C

CannaBuilding

Hey VG, Amazing like always man, LEDS are the future, Such a nice batch of nugz from such a small light, its breath taking.

Peace, and happy growing.

Strangely

Very nice VG! I notice pound signs in the pics, where did you get your HGL 21X Pro? I can only see US sites. This light looks perfect for me, we have almost exactly the same square footage.