What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

cops busted my shit....

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
yes this happened a few months back...and was not my grow....this was a whole story that got fucked up by dumb cops...ill explain...

so i have a bunch of rifles(or did have) including a chrome 12gage full auto 24" butt to barrel 6 shot shotty, this was my pride and joy, it was given to me by my dad befor he dies, it was a modified remington 1100 12 gage...

anyways, i had these guns and didnt feel safe about keeping them at my house incase i got busted and i dont have a permit for these as they were a gift and i got a criminal record and am not allowed any guns..

so at this friends house he lives upstairs with his parents and his daughter, and he has 2 renters living in an apartment in the basement. these guys are all friends and are really cool and trustworthy, i wouldnt leave my guns there if i didnt trust them 100%...they are my summer grow partners and fun in the woods friends(camping, hunting, fishing, dirt biking...ect).

my guns are stored at the guys in the basements place...

so anyways....

one night the guy who lives upstairs(we'll call him "jack") goes out to the bar for a few beers, this guy loves beer and can pollish of a 24 in no time.... so he and a few of my other friends are at the bar having some drinks. as it gets close to closing time, my other friends that are with him tell him NOT to drive cause he is to drunk and can hardly stand, but he refused, persistent that he was going home in his minivan...

so with not much my friends could have done other than physicaly not letting him go, he took his van home. on the way home while driving on the highway, he looses both the front and read right side wheels(his van was a POS on its last life), so he mannages to get the van parked on the side of the highway.

he then calls AAA for a towing assistance, and right after he calls proceds to walk home.(anyone who has used this knows you gotta be on scene with ID).

as he is walking home, he gets picked up by cops on the highway because you are not allowed to walk on the highways and especially at 3 am its late and dangerous. so the cops drive him to their highway patrol police station. he gets put in a cell and left there to sober up....

Meanwhile.....

while he is in the cell at the other police station, local cops get a call from AAA saying about the abandoned minivan on the side of the road....cops show up, check out the plates and go to the guys house to see why he left his van there....they get the the guys house and as they are walking to the house, they get a whif of weed...

it would happen that my friend who lives in the basement was smoking a joint under his vent fan on top of his stove in his kitchen....

the dimb cops smell the burning weed comming from the vent and immediatly think he is growing...

the cops go and get their sniffer dogs and go through the house.

they found a bunch of trim my friend was saving to smoke, and all my guns, all his guns, and all my other friends guns, about 14 guns total....

Meanwhile ....

the guy who lives upstairs is still in jail for being drunk and then gets all these other charges of guns layed on him while he is in jail...they do eventually get dropped and he is released later that day...but the guy who lived in the basement the charges stuck...all this because one guy wanted to drive home drunk.....really sucks for me who lost my guns but even more for the guy who was just sitting there smoking a joint under his stove....

now above all...the cops didnt even search the guys 2 story garage...where the guy who lived upstairs kept all his guns, and 4 lbs of weed in the freezer...cops never found that...

but it really sucks to me, because that chrome 12gage was the only thing my dad left me before he died...ill never get is back again....

anyways...long story, may be pointless...but thats how the cops got my guns...just felt a need to share:artist:

Bullfrog44

Veteran
That blows, I know what pig deserves a close up view of your daddy's shot gun. I don't get how cops can just take stuff like that.

Well, the old story, "I trusted him 100%" Famous last words for many growers.
But in your case he didn't snitch or anything but people do fuck up, if you put your trust in someone else you have to be aware that while they may never snitch you out, even under torture, that they can and do fuck up, especially if they have a drinking problem or something, and that this will come back at you.
Best to rely only on yourself, that way you can control what happens, you can't control what others may do.
It would have been better to have put your guns in pvc piping filled with oil and buried them in your backyard while you are growing from that address.
Maybe keep one in the house in case you get rippers.

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
shows once again alcohol creates more prob's than need be.....

sorry to hear joe.......without paper work it will be tough to get back, but I would try....if your Pa registered it you may show that he gifted to you....

ganj on......

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
shows once again alcohol creates more prob's than need be.....

sorry to hear joe.......without paper work it will be tough to get back, but I would try....if your Pa registered it you may show that he gifted to you....

ganj on......

oh no, cant get i9t back...in my area its what you would call a "prohibited arm" basicly getting caught with it would be no difference than getting caught with an ak47, same charge...its because of the barrel length, theres a minimum by law and this one was "modified"...

T

THE TROOPER

there's a cop in that station that will get your gun back $$$$ you just got to find him!

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
there's a cop in that station that will get your gun back $$$$ you just got to find him!

lol, i think by the way my friend said the cops were all "ooh, ahh" over the gun that it will end up in one of their houses...

happened to my dad back in the 70's, he got his place raided and the cops took all his guns, they were registered to him at that time...the cops had asked him to buy his 357 from him and his full auto rifle(like a machine gun) from him, my dad refused to sell it to the cops....when it was time for my dad to get his guns back, they gave him all his guns except the 2 they wanted to buy, they just kept them, my dads lawyer told him its best left alone because there is noo way he is getting them back....

cops are crooked, they just think they are better than the rest of us...

greenluv707

pit wisper/ rare strain collector
ok i think you might have one more chance to get them back. every department has a auction on the stuff they confenscated from busts or other arrests. i dont know when they do it but im guessing once a year or maybe twice. but they sell everything, cars,guns,boats,ect.

if you want them back i would really start checking the papers over there and the net.im sure they do it.

well good luck and i hope you get them back,i had a uncle who decided to sell all my grandpas guns even know they were mine.never could get them back. very rare rifles,shotguns,pistols. ya im still bent about it and ruff his ass up everytime i see him.my grandma would cut his throat if she knew.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Yeah Joe feelin your pain..mine was all my pistols,including target pistol gifted from my deseased Mother. I could hear the pigs gruntin over who got which ones..

good luck

greenluv707

pit wisper/ rare strain collector
DAMN YOU GUYS, if peeps are gettin there stuff took like that,

theres only one sultion, bury the guns in a tup-a-were container.believe me they make them big enough to put what ever in there. i know there not handy but you would beable to go back and unearth theos babies after the pigs took the cheap .22.lol it works believe me buddies up north have quite the collection in the ground............

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
that sucks man...those guns would have been more secure in a storage unit, only 30-40 bucks a month. instead of leaving it in the heads of a bunch of drunks...

drunks really just fuck everything up...they dont mean too..but it just happens that way..

Manstien

Here you can own firearms with certain mechanizims taken out so it can't actually fire....or the barrel plugged something like that...so people can collect antiques and so on....without a gun liscense maybe you can get that done to get it back?