What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

E-Cigarettes: A How-To With Canna

I have, that's just what I mean! Processing hash a little bit can, mmm, make it all the more 'deadly' :)

Most def, but I wish you would try some of my 73 micron Sour Diesel full melt before you say that..........turns to liquid and soaks into the bud while bubbling like crazy :D
Not bragging, just saying its some of the best I've ever made you know? My tolerance is high as hell and this stuff still does the job rather quickly :)
Anyways, sorry again peace!

lol.. me too :)

Hopefully there is no need for a 'round two', and certain instigative parties have tuckered themselves out and have found better and less negative things to do with their time :)

lol.. me too :)

Hopefully there is no need for a 'round two', and certain instigative parties have tuckered themselves out and have found better and less negative things to do with their time :)

So, we are still wondering about that recipe :D
What about videos? Some people might want to try this!
Also, wouldn't it help to have one of your tinctures mailed to one of those labs that tests for THC amount?

I am assuming we're not allowed to link other forums, google "Wild Will's Glycerin Tincture", it should come up with a recipe very near to what I'm using on another forum. Will has vaped his tinctures as well with good success.

If you intend on using it for e-cigs rather than sublingual or oral consumption, or a larger vape, substitute the bud, for hash. With enough patience, glycerin can liquefy and hold more highly available cannabinoids in a liquid oz of tincture than you'd think. Patience is your friend more than heat.

When you do find Will's recipe, read the following pages for tips about keeping your equipment (crock pot, processing container or jar), perfectly sealed while heated, or heated to low enough temps, to prevent any vaporization of your product as it becomes readily available.

I'm assuming you're just questioning the existence and success of glycerin tinctures in general? The forum I helped moderate and contributed to most heavily was closed down about 5 years earlier, most of the better documentation I had contributed personally isn't easily accessible, and to be honest, knowing the 'doubting Tomas' crowd here, it's probably better that I don't bother spouting 'random numbers' at you all anyway :) There are other (more credible) analysis for tinctures besides forums that you can find with a little effort and a search engine.

To put it this way, in layman's terms, if you have any sort of digestive difficulty, and can't be sure you're allowing all of your tincture to absorb sublingually (from what I understand, some people tend to put it under the tongue momentarily then swallow most of it, rather than waiting for it to absorb), then heating it to a vapor, and allowing it to absorb via your lungs, is a very efficient method of not only bypassing the liver metabolism as you would also bypass sublingually, but also any scar tissue or other enzymatic digestive set-backs a patient may face.

I have scar tissue, and a digestive disorder preventing me from absorbing everything from nutrition in food, chemical medication, and any form of edibles, as efficiently as other unaffected people. I buy dispensary edibles, and eat 4 at a time, while others need one, or even just a half.
This is nothing to be proud of, and I am not 'bragging'; it's a very real and difficult issue when it's some of the best medicine you can use, and it costs you many times more than it does other patients, to achieve the same effect.
Fortunately I produce my own. Unfortunately, many patients with similar difficulties don't, or can not. And they are often unaware that they have other options that, especially in their circumstances, waste less materials.

While just a fraction of a dropper may severely effect other patients orally, 5 ml of a highly available bud tincture taken orally (as is, in a drink, candy or confectionery) still gets me very, very medicated, over a period of time, and it is a very narcotic 'stone'. There is no happy medium, any less orally, and I hardly feel a thing.
But less than half that works very well sublingually, so I vape while at home, and carry around atomizing spray bottles for less conspicuous medicating.

When using hash tincture, however, the glycerin has a greater holding capacity for cannabinoids, because it's reserving and using less space for unnecessary plant waxes and chlorophyll.

Some, presumably heatless methods using plant matter, pick up fewer extras from what I've heard, it's definitely true if you use an abbreviated schedule, but that has not been my experience when the correct duration of time was used. After several months of processing a heatless bud tincture, I've removed basically translucent and 'brittle' plant matter, and had a very dark, but flavorful resulting tincture. If the idea of 'weed flavored candy' sounds good to you, a glycerin bud tincture is something you should try. It's good for larger vapes, because it retains a lot of the original 'bud' flavor the herb originally had, that you lose some of when making hash tinctures.

A 'clean' bud tincture can be made, but one should realize a great deal of time and effort is involved in order to use the glycerin to its full capacity. It involves using finely minced buds that are allowed to sit briefly in the tincture, then they are removed before the extraction is complete, and fresh finely ground buds are added.

The process is repeated until the glycerin can hold no more. This is why, for a clean tincture, using hash from the start is much faster and more efficient. You won't be left waiting for the last batch of cannabinoids you added to become readily available. You add all your glandular material at once, and wait at least 3 months, preferably using occasional gentle heat.

With hash, it's still a cleaner end product, you can increase the concentration faster, and get away with using even less of the resulting tincture, making it all the better for something smaller and more portable like an e-cig.

Just like other portable herb vapes, you can palm it, take it out of your pocket, and ghost a nice puff without anyone being the wiser. But unlike a herbal/tobacco vape, you can sit there in public and 're-pack' an e-cig with drops, any time that it may be necessary, without anyone giving you more than a second or third look :)

For instance, if I'm shopping, or at a restaurant or bar and would like a quick puff, I can take it out, and happily explain what it is to people around me, and write down websites and information for peoples fathers, and uncles, who they've been trying to help 'quit tobacco for years', without anyone smelling anything suspicious :)

It's still best to pick your locations wisely, and of course be respectful to those people who don't understand the difference between 'smoke' and 'vapor'.
Fortunately, where I've picked my locations well, they have been much more accepted than I ever would have thought.

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Old fashion copy and paste :smoke:

WildWill's Glycerin Tincture HOW-TO

This is the third batch of this stuff I've made, and by far the easiest.

WHAT YOU WILL NEED

Marijuana (Duh) - how much and what it is can be up to you. I use my "vapor poo" or the leftover material from my Volcano. Sometimes I throw shake in there too. You can leave in stems and it doesn't have to ground up all that much. Don't use less than 8 grams of material per 16 oz of glycerin though, otherwise you'll have a very weak mix.

Food-Grade Glycerin - This is typically sold in health food stores but can be purchased at Whole Foods or similar markets. 16 oz cost me just about $10 at Whole Foods, but honestly that was about 5 bucks too much. Make sure it's FOOD GRADE though, it will say on the label. 16 ounces of glycerin is enough for one nice batch.

A Crock Pot - We actually bought one TODAY at Target for 7 bucks, and it's a small version, which is perfect for this project. We have also bought a larger, older model for canna butter and other pot recipes.

Cheese Cloth - If you don't know what it is, ask your mom tell her you need to do some baking. You can get it at any supermarket.

A Rubber Band

Bottling Stuff - Small bottles with droppers are CHEAP at places like Cost Plus and Organize It.

OK here we go:

1. Pour your glycerin in the crock-pot
2. Mix in marijuana material. The sticks in my picture are Vanilla Beans that I threw in for some flavor. You can try other things.
3. Stir - you will need to stir periodically during the process, every hour or so. You can leave it over night, but the first thing you should do is stir it the next day.
4. Cover, turn pot on low
5. Leave in pot for several hours, however long is up to you, overnight is probably best, but a good 8 hour cure is all you really need.
6. When you decide the time is right, turn off the pot and let the mixture cool, but don't let it get cold, it will be easier to pour if it's warm.
7. Once the mixture is cooler, take your cheese cloth and RUBBER BAND it over your pouring container. I made the mistake of forgetting this step at first, very dumb.
8. Strain your mixture through the cheese cloth, once it drains squeeze out as much of the liquid as you can, you can really get a lot out of it.
9. BOTTLE!

A couple droppers under your tongue and you will be in a great place.

ENJOY!

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
TLDR

but we have been doing this for awhile with similar results... Using BHO and tinctures
Friend brought one over and said it heats up this liquid and it vaporizes it...

So we figured we should take it apart and modify it for our needs.

T

Tr33

JFC some people are just plain stupid and ignorant(Mr.BJ)
to realize the difference between alcohol bud tint and glycerin hast tinct?
comon dude where is your head at?

You have the math all wrong, and I was a teacher for 20yrs till I got popped with herb.

wise up. The tincts are not the same thing at all.

My hash tinct contains 34g bubble hash all grades 120 - 45
do the math dude, thats a potent tinct, over 2.5grams per 30ml

Your alcohol tinct will never equal hash tincts.
Never!

Glycerine hash tincts work fucking awesome, the problem is that this type of tinct take along time to make, try about 6+ months.

Mr.BJ you have no reading comprehension whatsoever, if you did you would realize how wrong you are in every aspect of your responses in this thread.
I've read it all, and you really have no clue, it seems to just go over your head.

oh well your arguments have been worthless.

for all out there YOU CAN NOT USE NUGS FOR GLYCERIN E-Liquid
and YOU CAN NOT USE ALCOHOL TINCTS FOR E-Liquid
if you use nugs you will be processing your glycerin for over a year.
alcohol tinct are worthless for e-cigs, so lets not go there.
If you use nugs you will be filtering your glycerin and losing quite allot, then grinding more nugs and adding more nugs over time, over and over repaeting the wasteful process.

You must use cured hashish ground up into a powder and then set above your home heater for gentle heating.
Winter is the time to make it, when summer comes around it will be ready.
This is not something instant IMO

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
JFC some people are just plain stupid and ignorant(Mr.BJ)
to realize the difference between alcohol bud tint and glycerin hast tinct?
comon dude where is your head at?

You have the math all wrong, and I was a teacher for 20yrs till I got popped with herb.

wise up. The tincts are not the same thing at all.

The 190 160 I toss into the yard back to those who gave it to us, and the 25 I cook with.

Glycerine hash tincts work fucking awesome, the problem is that this type of tinct take along time to make, try about 6+ months.

Mr.BJ you have no reading comprehension whatsoever, if you did you would realize how wrong you are in every aspect of your responses in this thread.
I've read it all, and you really have no clue, it seems to just go over your head.

oh well your arguments have been worthless.

Get real. I never disputed that tinctures work or confused one kind with another at all. Quote it up if you'd like, professor.

In fact, I stated repeatedly that my tincture lays people out when taken orally. Sounds like you're the one with the reading comprehension problem.

Mainly I pointed out where the thread starter made gross misstatements that they themselves corrected. Went from claiming they use a 2ml tincture in their ecig to correcting themselves and stating they meant the .5ml tincture. Not to hard to see, as I quoted it in my first post.

Had she gotten that detail right in the first place, there wouldn't have been too much too discuss anyways, as saying you vape 2ml in an ecig at once just sounds insane.

LOL you done editing your post yet? Fool - I didn't make an alcohol tincture, the hash was simply diluted into alcohol to make mixing with the glycerin easier, then the small amount of alcohol was allowed to evaporate. Jesus man, for someone who blasts me like some kind of invalid, you sure do have things screwed up.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
You just start smoking bubble hash, which I have 15 plus years experience with,

What year was the first year you first smoked bubblehash?

It's a vegetable glycerin tincture. I make up a few gallons a year. It takes a few weeks and some gentle, air-tight heating before it's just right for use, and beyond that it still continues to age and increase in potency for several months.

THC does not become more potent with age, period.

Ok! Flavor time...
The best flavors you can use, have no artificial or added coloring besides the color that
forms from the flavor itself, and you'll mostly want flavors that are -not- made of essential
oils
.. this will often limit you to artificial flavors, but honestly, when you have a good supplier
they are absolutely delicious when used correctly.

The best favors have only two or three ingredients: natural flavoring, and propylene glycol or
alcohol. Loranns does decent flavors, and while it's best to avoid coloring, and oils, with enough
experience you can get away with using them without any ill effects. Some colors will always taste
foul, but many oils and essences can, with the assistance of alcohol, be broken down enough to be
used safely with e-cigs.

However, one should use those flavors with oil, at his or her own risk. Lipid pneumonia is one
of the very real consequences of inhaling improperly cured, vaporized, oils.
The flavor and cannabinoid 'vehicles' are PG, propylene glycol, and/or VG, vegetable glycerin. VG
produces a superior amount of vapor, and it's easier to come by, so we use this.

The best flavors you can use, have no artificial or added coloring besides the color that forms from the flavor itself, and you'll mostly want flavors that are -not- made of essential oils.. this will often limit you to artificial flavors, but honestly, when you have a good supplier they are absolutely delicious when used correctly.

The best favors have only two or three ingredients: natural flavoring, and propylene glycol or
alcohol. Loranns does decent flavors, and while it's best to avoid coloring, and oils, with enough
experience you can get away with using them without any ill effects. Some colors will always taste
foul, but many oils and essences can, with the assistance of alcohol, be broken down enough to be
used safely with e-cigs.

When I flavor my tinctures or e-juice, I make blends, and I use very few straight-flavorings on their
own. Even flavors that I call, for instance, "Apple", are rarely just that. But those are my secrets,
and I'll be keeping those... for now

These are my current flavors (as seen above).. mixed these up just for you guys

Pina Colada
Licorice
Cinnamon Roll
Cheesecake
Cotton Candy
Chocolate Hazelnut
Mango
Wintergreen
Apple
Raspberry
Blueberry
Boston Cream
Blackberry
Eggnog
Strawberry
*Peppermint
*Orange
*Lemon

*Oil blends

Do you really think it is safe to add flavors to your smoke?
BTW,
When glycerol is heated to 280 °C, it decomposes into acrolein.

Acrolein Health risks

Acrolein is a severe pulmonary irritant and lachrymatory agent. It was used as a chemical weapon during World War I. It is, however, not outlawed by the Chemical Weapons Convention. Skin exposure to acrolein causes serious damage. Acrolein concentrations of 2 ppm are immediately harmful. Acrolein is not a suspected human carcinogen; no studies have been conducted on the carcinogenic effects of acrolein on humans, but studies on rats have shown an increase in cancerous tumors from ingestion, but not from inhalation.[citation needed] In October 2006, researchers found connections between acrolein in the smoke from tobacco cigarettes and the risk of lung cancer.[4] Furthermore, acrolein is a toxic metabolite of cyclophosphamide, a cytotoxic chemotherapy agent, and results in hemorrhagic cystitis.[5] N-acetylcysteine or mesna are used to counteract the acrolein.
Due to its ability to damage myelin nerve sheaths, acrolein may be a factor in the development of multiple sclerosis. The antihypertensive drug hydralazine, a known scavenger of acrolein, was found to reduce myelin damage and significantly improve behavioral outcomes in a mouse model of multiple sclerosis (experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis).[6]

Not sure this is a good idea or safe.

To be honest I have never found a way to get a big enough hit from vaporizing I can smoke the same amount of hash or weed in a vaporizor and it takes several balloons with several breaths each so it divides the hit into maybe 10 inhalations while in a bong the same amount is all in one hit.

I don't know the THC levels of what you are smoking but if you vaporize 20-25 mg pure THC it does have an effect for me.

-SamS

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
do the math dude, thats a potent tinct, over 2.5grams per 30ml

Here's the math dude, since you asked - that's .083 grams of mixed bubble per ml.

You get 3-4 hits per drop in the ecig, and 15-20 drops per ml.

So, about 60 hits per ml. At 2.5 grams per 30ml concentration, each hit on the ecig is delivering 0.0014 grams of your mixed bubblehash, assuming 100% efficiency.

Perhaps using your own potent hash tincture as an example will help you see how laborious it is to try and get high off tincture in an ecig.

You mentioned earlier using a dropper full of this tincture to get high. That's 1-2ml right there. That would be 60-120 hits in an ecig to get your typical dose you ingest in seconds with the tincture itself.

T

Tr33

This works

Don't let the haters and jealous whiners stop you from trying this.
They sadly, are the big closed minded loser's here.
I've been doing this now for 3 days and have had perfect results with my e-cig.
Nothing wrong yet.

edibles and puffing are 2 different highs.

It is a FACT that it take 3-5 times the amount of thc eaten to get high,
and way less thc to get high when puffed,
Fact

that's why tincts work that way,

when I cook I use 40g bubs/1 lb ubsalted butter
I still need 3 doses to even feel anything.

I puff and I'm stoned, I eat and strain to feel anything

THC does not become more potent with age, period.

Nobody said it did.

Regardless of whether or not you use heat to initiate your glycerin tincture, regardless of the initial heat, it takes -time- before the cannabinoids become highly available to your system in glycerin.

This is why it takes several months for the process to be complete, but before then, you will absolutely have a less potent tincture.

The 'THC' is not what increases in potency, it is the tincture that does.

Do we understand now? :)

Which is why, I repeatedly suggest, over and over.... and over and over again (I do sorely wish people would read before they put their '2 cents' in) that if you have either a failed (burned), or a premature glycerin tincture, using it for shisha, or vaping at higher temps, are both methods you can use to utilize your materials without either wasting them, or waiting for them to become complete.

Thank you Tr33 for giving this a try, I'm glad you're having success with it :)

It certainly does help when you skip the digestive tract and liver. However well your glycerin tinctures work for you when eaten, they usually work better when used sublingually. And however well they work sublingually, they'll work at least as well, if not better when vaped, because you know you're not swallowing any minuscule amount of it :)

Although, if you flood through your mouth piece, it is a sublingual tincture after all. When this happens, I collect it on the tip of my tongue, and deposit what I can beneath it. No tincture left behind :)

Oh, and about the flavors... yes, it is 'safe', and it is common practice to use them this way (as I described earlier) in the e-cig community. But you need to follow certain rules. Going outside anything I've described in the flavor section, could very well be a recipe for disaster.

Like I mentioned, you'll want to avoid oily flavors for both damaging your equipment and possibly inciting lipid pneumonia, this has happened with legitimnate store-bought e-liquids, this is why we're aware of the possibility. With proper mixing, some oily flavor essences can be safely utilized, at your own discretion.

And when you can, you want to avoid flavors that have colorings. Most of Loranns drams for instance are quite safe if you follow those guidelines, including even those that include colors. Using other brands, experiment in very small batches, or look up an e-cig forum/community for advice.

For further information about safely flavoring your tinctures for vaping, please, search up an electronic cigarette forum, research the possible health hazards they discuss, and follow the DIY guidelines. There are safe ways of using flavor, as well as dangerous.

I don't always trust what the FDA says is safe either, they threatened to take these flavored e-liquids off the market about a year, maybe two years ago, then changed their minds. That may not mean it's 100% safe. It could just mean they were distracted or paid off.

So depending on your personal preference, you can omit flavorings if you don't agree they are healthy for you.

Veg Glycerin is commonly used in store bought, as well as home-made shisha recipes.

I believe I said first-off that I do not agree with the full combustion of glycerin, however, not to upset the hookah community who disagrees with my feelings, I shared the information and will leave it up to the user, to decide what they want to put in their systems.

Veg glycerin, combusted in hookah shisha, is very common and practiced legally on a large scale in hookah bars all across the US, as well as the rest of the world :)

For good shisha recipes, look up a hookah forum, or use google.

Keep in mind, that people -are combusting the same flavorings in shisha as well-.

Everything we're doing here, has been successfully practiced for years.

But here, we're in fact utilizing a milder, safer method, of inhaling the same ingredients; because it's being done at a much lower temperature :)

Simply put, anyone who has ever smoked hookah shisha, has no room to complain about vaping the same ingredients, because they've exposed their bodies to much worse :)

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
edibles and puffing are 2 different highs.

It is a FACT that it take 3-5 times the amount of thc eaten to get high,
and way less thc to get high when puffed,
Fact

that's why tincts work that way,

when I cook I use 40g bubs/1 lb ubsalted butter
I still need 3 doses to even feel anything.

I puff and I'm stoned, I eat and strain to feel anything

Using the ecig with tincture is just delivering it to your lungs along with your mouth & throat and is not the same as taking a combustion rip or even a proper vaporizer hit.

Further, temperatures in typical ecig have been tested at about 165 degrees F at the atomizer bridge, the part in contact with the tincture in a cartridge.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...test-electrial-properties-different-mods.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...583-what-temperatures-do-atomizers-reach.html

Multiple people testing them hit the same number - 165f.

Apparently enough to generate a mobile vapor with the glycerin, but nowhere close to the vaporization temperature of THC. Personally I think some must be leaking down to the heater coil and hitting higher temps, but no way can the majority of the liquid get down there as its suspended in the cartridge.

BKS already says she hits an entire cartridge of her hash tincture in the ecig to get properly high, so I'm not sure what you're trying to dispute here anyways. If you have any kind of tolerance, it's going to take a long time to get high off the ecig - FACT.

So yeah, have fun taking your ecig puffs of 0.0014 grams of mixed bubblehash. I'll be sticking with a more realistic method.

Latest posts

Latest posts