What's new

E-Cigarettes: A How-To With Canna

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anyway, I would like to apologize for my hasty reaction, as well as thank all of you for your positive responses, and PM's etc. and all your support considering the above, and if you'd like to see some evidence of this working, there are other forums with less stubborn members, who are actually willing to give something a shot, before they sh*t all over it :)

We've been doing this for a long while elsewhere... it's absolutely nothing new, so I'm not sure why some people got so twisted up about it :)

So thanks again for being positive to those who were!

LOL - you can't get PM's till you have 50 posts, but whatever you say.

And you can stop acting like my tincture was made wrong... It was made using Grey Wolf's hot tincture methodology, and lays people out when taken orally. Yet somehow can't touch the heads of people with low tolerance when used in the ecig. I already explained why - the math just doesn't work out.

Maybe your method somehow works better - perhaps you should get around to sharing it already....

Seriously... you - can't - make - a - vapable - tincture, - from - alcohol, then just expect to immediately dissolve it into PG.

You said it yourself; you couldn't even manage to get it to blend properly. You either burned it, or you contaminated it with too many plant waxes and chlorophyll, simple science, my friend.

You need to wrap your mind around and understand what concepts you're even trying to discuss, before you go throwing around how much you think you know.

Learn what the ingredients, or 'liquid vapor vehicles' of e-liquid are: PG and VG. And check out how many times I said 'glycerin tincture'. You need a proper glycerin tincture if you want any amount of success, not some jerry-rigged alcohol and PG tinct that wouldn't even bond together properly.

You simply can not make a good vapable tincture from alcohol, then assume mixing it up (poorly) with some PG is going to get the job done. It takes more effort than that, and some trial and error depending on your tools.
Did you even seal your container during the heating process? I doubt it.

You do realize, that if you heated off the alcohol while it was mixed with the PG like you said, that it was very likely vaping off a lot of the more potent qualities, leaving you with primarily useless junk.
I mean, someone with some experience would know this... right?

It's a good attempt for someone who doesn't understand what he's doing, and I always praise people who are willing to take risks and experiment that way, like I would have praised you for your attempt, had you stopped there.

But to assert yourself like this after you failed? It is just laughable.

You can add a few drops of alcohol, or an alcohol tincture, TO your -finished- glycerin tinct for vaping, but that is the extent of it. Which I've tried desperately to make clear and simple enough for you to comprehend... unfortunately, you're the only one who doesn't seem to get it.

Being the only one not to understand something, doesn't make you special, like you're trying to insist.
It just means you're the last one to understand, probably because you stubbornly jumped to conclusions, and even now still refuse to discuss the fact your tincture recipe isn't even close to what I'm talking about.

If you think there's only one way to make a tincture, and it's some 'Grey Wolf's Way' with alcohol, you are very sadly mistaken. I'm sure it's a fine oral sublingual recipe, but alcohol is just one method of making a tincture, and it is considered an easy and fail-safe method so it's most commonly used. So I'm sorry that yours failed, and tasted so poorly. But you shouldn't have been using it with an e-cig the way you were ;)

So think about it, not too hard.. you accuse me of thinking too much of myself, but where do you get off thinking you're the only one intelligent enough, to come out and say this doesn't work.... when you're not even making it right?

At least the others who've tried it without much success, are willing to give it another shot or at least the benefit of the doubt, once they realized this, appears to be somewhat different from their attempt.

And by 'PMs', which is short for private messages by the way, and has been an abbreviation for longer than forum emails were being called as such, I meant the private messages included in the rep I've been getting.
Sorry to have to spell it out, but when people can't message privately and they agree, they reply how they can and send rep. I've already got a couple more "PM's" since your last reply.. thanks ;)

You know I was trying to be modest by saying "PM's" before, and by not saying "oooh, looky looky at all the rep you've got me", but hey, you asked :)

So stop nit-picking already, your arguments get more lame the more frequently you come in here and everyone see's that otherwise you'd have more support, seeing as how I'm just a 'newb' here and all. You're grabbing at straws, and to be honest it's embarrassing to watch. But I suppose I should thank you, because it's been getting me a fair bit of support :)

As for my tincture 'method', just look up a standard glycerin tincture recipe. I'm not claiming to have made anything new and revolutionary here fellas, this is all 'common knowledge' stuff.

Try googling "Wild Will's Tincture". Mine's not much different from any glycerin recipe you'll find, but I use a lot more hash, and apparently much more patience than most are willing to dedicate ;)

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is the Glycerin Tincture that i made, sry the pictures did not come over with it.
I did not use hash i used buds like suggested in this quote.
Doing more searching and reading.

The simple road to complex pleasures….

A glance into Glycerin Tincture making

header.jpg

If the label says tincture, the preparation generally contains alcohol. In a tincture, alcohol is employed to extract and concentrate the active properties of the herb. Alcohol is also a very effective natural preservative and due to this attribute is widely used. Because a tincture is easily assimilated by the body, it is a very effective way to administer herbal compounds. I wanted this benefit, But as I don’t consume alcohol I looked into the alternatives of making an oil based vegetable glycerin Tincture. This method is generally still the same method as a alcohol tincture only taking much longer, the taste is better as the chlorophyll stays in the leaf and calyxs rather than being broken down by the harsher alcohol solvent. Using Vegetable food grade glycerin as your extractor will also allow you to use the Tincture as a sweetener, Veggie Glycerin is used as a natural non-glycemic food sweetener and if your diabetic a spoonful of Veggie Glycerin is just as sweet as sugar without all the sugar properties. What does this equate to, a cock-crow tea with half the sugar and all the kick…

So I’ll introduce you to the method I use to make my medical grade Marijuana Tincture. Firstly I must stress this immediately that for a good product and consumable Tinc you must use TLC and patience, nothing else works better. Secondly you get what you put in, if you use crap product your Tinc will be mediocre at best, with good bud and kief added this mix now turns to extraordinary. I personally use about 2z’s of hand ground bud per 16oz’s of Glycerin which in a quart preserve jar will fill slightly more than half with material.

lowers.jpg

I start by grinding all my material by hand, coarse but not chunky.

grind.jpg

Like so.

ground.jpg

I then like to place half of the material into the quart jar and pour half the Glycerin on top,

zgojar.jpg

ginjar.jpg

I add the second half of the material and top up with the rest of the glycerin allowing the glycerin to drain from the bottle as it is fairly thick when using 100% veggie Glycerin.

glycerin.jpg

ginjar.jpg

After the bottle has drained I like to close the quart jar and shake like the dickens for a 20 min to half hour tops. I label the top of the jar with the date made and seal the jar with a good tight twist of the lid.

shaken.jpg

I then for the next 60 days shake the jar for several minutes twice or three times a day for the full sixty days. You will notice the separation of the material and the heavier glycerin, and as the Tincture ages and takes on more of the trichome colour this phenomenon gets much more exciting, going from clear to almost amber orange after sixty days.

This after 8 days.....

8days.jpg

levels.jpg

When the mixture has been extracted long enough I take my extra 90micron bubble bag and strain the Tincture into a half quart jar making sure to squeeze the remaining material as hard as possible as to get every last drop of the elixir. I then do as Kareem Ahvunyun and Subcool do and allow the Glycerin to sit in 150 degree water for 10 min and add the top, when I hear the top pop in to finish the seal I let it cool and await the ineveitable first blast off.

A word to the non experienced users of Tincture, it is not the same stone as eating as you need not digest the Tincture to metabolize the fats, it is absorbed direct and has more of a narcotic stone than eating Canna goods. I always use a 5mil syringe (sans needle) fill it, and take half, wait 20 min and if the effects aren’t felt in that time I take the other half. If your using topically I’ve used a small spritz bottle and sprayed on a light coat all the way down to applying a few drops topically by hand, no altered state but great relief from aches and pains. Another CAUTION… you must remember to dose responsibly as taking too much will result in that overwhelming waves of stationary summersaults and eventual chunder. I am confident enough to take a full 5mils at the get go solely because I’ve experienced the waves and am no longer paranoid of the thought of over doing it.

So from the Resin Refinery to everyone who hasn't tried Tinc.... get your trash make it into some very useable medicine and join the rest of us who really enjoy the benefits of Tincture, Peace and keep well.

Speaks

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Like said, my tincture lays people out when taken orally and was made using a trusted and respected member's hot-tincture method. Really sounds like you're the one doing the nitpicking here.

Anyways, I'm not the one saying they vape 2ml in an ecig, then turning around and saying they meant a 1ml hash tincture, which is still a ridiculous amount to vape in an ecig.

See no reason at all why anyone should trust a word you say when you make gross "misstatements" like that.

Brother Bear! That is a very, very good recipe :) I would link Will's but it's from another forum, I'm sure if he's here he's already shared it. Something like the above (made with buds) will work very well with a larger table top vape, but if you make some dry or bubble hash from the bud first, then make the tincture, you'll have much better results with an e-cig.

If you don't have bubble bags, making it with acquired hash is another option, just a quick end-screening with a few layers of cheesecloth (2$ at your supermarket, just to be certain there is no debris, fold it until you can't see through it), and you're golden :)

*sigh*.. not sure why I'm still trying, you won't read anything, but I suppose I don't like giving up on people.

Never said 1 ml, so stop putting words in my mouth. If you're going to argue, at least choose the inconsistencies I admitted to in my -first run of writing the recipe out-.
I'm not a dealer you know, I don't often work with such small liquid measurements, I just make and vape the stuff and give it away. I said 2ml with bud tincture, .5 ml with hash, that's an estimate of my experiences between table top vapes and e-cigs, which are two very different beasts.

.5 ml is only 15 drops, a cart or less gets someone with a massive tolerance where they need to be, and I can smoke a cart dry in about 10 minutes, it makes a good drive. And whether it's .5, 1ml, or even 2ml, that you need, when vaped, it takes much less than is usually required when consumed orally, by people with even low tolerances.

The main benefit, is not "how fast one can f*ck themselves up" like you seem to be aiming for, but it is about an efficient and enjoyable use of meds.

Just like traditional vaping, if you're expecting a huge stony hit and want to get "wasted" in one puff, this is not for you. This is for people who are looking to get the most out of their meds, when consuming orally isn't the best option, and for people who want to satisfy the urge to smoke in unconventional places.

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Going from 2ml to .5 only makes your earlier statement seem even more ridiculous.

At least you admit this isn't going to get you properly high... Just a maintenance buzz.

Why wouldn't you just buy a portable vaporizer?
biggrin.gif

The e-cig is a portable vaporizer :) It's just as, if not more efficient than a traditional herbal vape, because you get more out of your material due to the long extraction process (even more efficient than sublingual glycerin tincture use), than you would using a non-tincture vape, ie. minced up buds.

But, you can easily also use a glycerin tincture in the kind of vaporizer you're speaking of :)

The e-cig is a portable vaporizer :) It's just as, if not more efficient than a traditional herbal vape, because you get more out of your material due to the long extraction process (even more efficient than sublingual glycerin tincture use), than you would using a non-tincture vape, ie. minced up buds.

But, you can easily also use a glycerin tincture in the kind of vaporizer you're speaking of :)

I have trouble believing an e-cig is as efficient or gets you as high as most of the "real" portable vapes on the market, like the iolite among others. I could post pics or links of them........plus then you can use actual buds :D :moon:

You just start smoking bubble hash, which I have 15 plus years experience with, and I give you some positive rep for contributing, then you give me negative rep back?

Wow... very classy *rolls eyes*.

Try some tincture, then we'll talk. Until then, keep playing with your 'bubble' :)

Just so everyone knows, this is just yet another method of getting cannabinoids into your system. If you can take it sublingually and it produces a safe vapor, you can line your lungs with it in vapor form. Period. Assuming this doesn't work, is no different than assuming tinctures don't work, and that's ridiculous.

Hopefully everybody knows what to think of nay-sayers who have zero experience with such a method ;)

You just start smoking bubble hash, which I have 15 plus years experience with, and I give you some positive rep for contributing, then you give me negative rep back?

Wow... very classy *rolls eyes*.

Try some tincture, then we'll talk. Until then, keep playing with your 'bubble' :)

Lol, I want to see you make some bubble as good as mine...........have any pics? :)
And fuck "tincture" I'll take bubble any day! Shit probably dont even get you high and tastes like booty hole **rolls eyes back**
I thought green feedbacks positive and grays negative...........if so you gave me negative!

So go smoke your tinctures in your gay little e-cigs........(just sayin).............I'll smoke my full melt clear dome bubble hash in my mobius bong and be a shit ton higher than you! :D
:wave:

Lol, I want to see you make some bubble as good as mine...........have any pics?
And fuck "tincture" I'll take bubble any day! Shit probably dont even get you high and tastes like booty hole **rolls eyes back**
I thought green feedbacks positive and grays negative...........if so you gave me negative!

So go smoke your tinctures in your gay little e-cigs..............I'll smoke my full melt clear dome bubble hash in my mobius bong and be a shit ton higher than you!

Nope, gray just means a user is either too new, or has given out too much positive feedback, to contribute to another users rating for a period of time, just so you know. Red, means negative, gray and green, mean positive or neutral :)

So, maybe an apology is in order, since you assumed wrong and lashed out, after I gave you a positive bump, eh'? :)

Nope, gray just means a user is either too new, or has given out too much positive feedback, to contribute to another users rating for a period of time, just so you know. Red, means negative, gray and green, mean positive or neutral :)

So, maybe an apology is in order, since you assumed wrong and lashed out, after I gave you a positive bump, eh'? :)

Oh! yea I am sorry about the whole thing then, but I still like bubble hash better just personal pref.
Sorry again!

By the by, the style of hash you've been showing lately (which I was about to give you some 'props' for, before you came in here with your negativity) doesn't get me very buzzed anymore honestly. I smoke far, far too much. I've been round the world a few times for hash, when it's good, it's good, that's about all. I need a more refined smoke than that :) This just keeps things interesting!

edit - no worries, no hard feelings :)

By the by, the style of hash you've been showing lately (which I was about to give you some 'props' for, before you came in here with your negativity) doesn't get me very buzzed anymore honestly. I've been round the world a few times for hash, when it's good, it's good, that's about all. I need a more refined smoke than that :)

Ever tried rosin? Check my hash stash thread for a couple pics on the process.........its more potent than bubble hash. But I cant imagine my bubble hash not getting anyone high! That's insanity its at least 60% THC..........I need to pay for a lab test damnit!

BTW, soon as I spread some more karma around I'll hook you up wont let me now :(