What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor 2008/2009 Oceanic Season

G

guest123

yes i see passenger ,, becoming more prominent as it grows , u can bet those arent the first cross of the blue haze x ducksfoot , perhaps the original parents have been lost and those are f2s ... its been a long time since i did a trade with them .. i did like the blue haze ,, had a lovely blueberry smell to it ....

NZGROWN

Shaping up nicely everyone.

Silversurfer, you're not fuckin around are ya? Are those puppies destined for the outdoors, or greenhouse the whole way? I'll be paying close attention to the reclining buddha mate ;)

HippySlayer, are you growing pure coco? I'll be doing basically half coco, half native top soil, with added worm castings, chicken shit, dolomite lime, and maybe some perlite. Nice diverse range of genetics btw.

Passenger, How deep are your soil beds?

Good luck everyone, I hope to have some shots up in the next few weeks

Last edited:
G

guest123

we are probably a bit ahead of you southern guys up this way ... some mates in lower lying country to me bragged of already pulling out some 6 footer that were planted late june .... darn those coastal folks .. hehehe
anyhow with a lot of hard work ive managed to get this far ...

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No fucking around here mate... well maybe just a little :smoke:

Thats a similar mix to mine NZ but i am using homemade compost (which contains fair bit of recylced coco) I would say my mix is 2/3 coco 1/3 compost with bit of perlite, composted chicken poo, Organic link (NPK 5, 1.7, 3.5), dolomite lime, Azomite and water crystals.

Seedlings just in the coco and compost for now.

Looking good Wally. 6 foot and finished in 4 months... noice!!

Whats the coast got? More rain??

G

guest123

SilverSurfer_OG said:
No fucking around here mate... well maybe just a little :smoke:

Thats a similar mix to mine NZ but i am using homemade compost (which contains fair bit of recylced coco) I would say my mix is 2/3 coco 1/3 compost with bit of perlite, composted chicken poo, Organic link (NPK 5, 1.7, 3.5), dolomite lime, Azomite and water crystals.

Seedlings just in the coco and compost for now.

Looking good Wally. 6 foot and finished in 4 months... noice!!

Whats the coast got? More rain??

no its not the rain ,, lower altitude and warmer , not really a winter to speak of , makes a huge difference ... even still , i wouldnt trade , the herb grown in the mountains always seems to have the edge on the coastal stuff ...

Smurf

stoke this joint
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its good to see you guys are up and running so well,,, boy we've gone from the hottest summer on record to the coldest august in 33 yrs,,, all in a span of about 6 or 7 mths... this global warming scenario is taking its toll,, she's slowly warming up nicely now tho,,, at times you can actually smell the hot, dry season in the air... wont be long now :woohoo:

looks like you have a lovely tight plant there passenger,, r u planning to cover up as the days get longer or let it veg out?

cant remember the name of that polymer green mesh your using SS but from past experiences I know it works really well,, good to see your not wasting any time either mate. :joint:

theres a calming effect you get when admiring a well maintained garden :joint: ,, you always set a pretty high bench mark wally... is it too early to ask how you might be going with the zoid/fuel lines?

G

guest123

hey smurf ,, thanks man ,, each year is a learning experience i guess , and looking back i know i do things a lot differently to the previous years gone by , actually i practice by growing vegetable commercially so again its all learning ,
had a bit of bad luck first strike with the zoids , as u were saying the weather has been a bit unpredictable , from hot to cold and back again ,, i just popped the last of them in , and wouldnt u know the weather changed again ,, lol ,, but i think i will have a bit of luck with them this run ... never easy striking seeds in the jungle ,, and its always the ones u want to go that often dont ,, lol ...
anyhow time will tell ...

Smurf

stoke this joint
ICMag Donor
Veteran
speaking of looking back,,, I was flicking thru last yrs winter grow which was so far advanced compared to this yr,,,,,, this yr is about 2 to 3 months behind because of the weather.... like you said, we are always learning... my plants from this year aren't even worth posting, lol,,, give it some more time.

25th sept last yr.....

6522sept-25-winter-bud-thumb.JPG

8 oct last yr......

edit:
was thinking it may also have something to do with the el nino/la nina effect. :chin:

Last edited:

Passenger

I'll post some pics up tomorrow I've had slugs/snails eat 2 of the plants most are getting their 3rd pair of leaves now so once the heat kicks in I cant wait for them to just blow up.

Technique

Hey guys! wow its started nicely so far hasnt it! lets pray this warm sunny weather keeps up! no rainy wet summer i pray for!

i have a bit of a story to kick off, dad has reused some of my pots from last year, thrown in about 10 inches of new soil and playing with his cycads again. just at the end of the warm winter i've found atleast 6 sprouts! haha bonus!

anyway here we go

dutch passion - fresian dew

ladyluck

Hi guys, thought I would add to this thread too.
I have cloned under light Chronic and White Russian ready for outdoors. They have roots coming through now so need to get pots washed this weekend and will try and hold off till end of oct to put them in. I also have a hydro setup going with White Russian as it is quite compact and good for indoor. Last year I grew Twilight, Arjans Ultra Haze no 1(crap), Euforia(inconsistant), Sacra Frasca, Chronic and Russian. I have killed them all off now except for Chronic and Russian as I find those two the best pain relievers. Twilight was really good too but small yield. Good luck to all.

Technique

Technique said:

two have since died, looked like they ran out of water.. but i fed them all the same and there was water in the bottom tray...

i hope they can pick up again but it looks slim

the other two are doing fine and are now outside.

so far 4 out of 5 seeds from dutch passion are good. when i pulled them from the packet i was fuming, they all looked white and very bad. glad i got 4 going. but now down to two :(

Czechsek

wallyduck said:
we are probably a bit ahead of you southern guys up this way ... some mates in lower lying country to me bragged of already pulling out some 6 footer that were planted late june .... darn those coastal folks .. hehehe
anyhow with a lot of hard work ive managed to get this far ...

Nice garden :joint:

HippySlayer

growing....

growing....

Here's a quik pic of the only sprout that's outside atm....

Kashmir {Himalayan Gold x Hash Plant}

Keep the baby pics coming guys ! :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts