What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor 2009/2010 Oceanic Season

Hey Squiggles,

Looking good!

But doesn't March/April seem a long way away?

And how's this weather in the north east? You'd swear it was December... but, it is good ripening weather for those winter girls still in the ground.:laughing:

GF

Squiggles

hey GF
yep april is a while off but all goes well it will be worth it

mazar i sharif

white skunk

??? mr nice dreamtime mix

??? mr nice dreamtime mix

:smoweed:

daemos

Those are looking good Squiggles! love the leaves on the dreamtime mix, looks like the extra time will be well worth it.

Hey Squiggles,

Thanks for your update. Looking good. I just started chopping my winter out.

Your little girls look like they are vegging well... C'on April!!

Currently, our daylight hours are 11 hours, 25 minutes a day.

A question - did they show flowers when you first put them out? I looked at your piccys up close, but could not tell for sure...

BTW - have you used that mulch before? I hope it's not hardwood mulched, as Tallowoods and others have growth inhibitors.... not that it seems to affecting your babies. I'm a cheapy with mulch - I use cow poo, garden & lawn clippings.

However, this year, I am going to experiment with planting a green mulch of running beans to help fix nitrogen in soil and pull them out to dry mulch when they get unruly...ideas, comments? The only issue I can see is watering... (mine are in the bush)

Squiggles

Hey Squiggles,

Thanks for your update. Looking good. I just started chopping my winter out.

Your little girls look like they are vegging well... C'on April!!

Currently, our daylight hours are 11 hours, 25 minutes a day.

A question - did they show flowers when you first put them out? I looked at your piccys up close, but could not tell for sure...

BTW - have you used that mulch before? I hope it's not hardwood mulched, as Tallowoods and others have growth inhibitors.... not that it seems to affecting your babies. I'm a cheapy with mulch - I use cow poo, garden & lawn clippings.

However, this year, I am going to experiment with planting a green mulch of running beans to help fix nitrogen in soil and pull them out to dry mulch when they get unruly...ideas, comments? The only issue I can see is watering... (mine are in the bush)

hi mate

all of the plants have the start of pre flowers execpt for the mazar (will endevour to get photos its raining today )

the mulch is coconut husks they come in dry cubes from bunnings add water and presto 90l of mulch

as to the green mulch id go with lupins or broad beans as they dont require as much water but the idea is sound has worked for me in the past

Last edited:

Hughesy

Wasted too much time on Mazar fairly low grade but diff. White haze was a total disappointment as only 2 males popped from the much hyped White label.

Squiggles

its all good even if the mazar doesnt perform ive got some good backup

mr nice dreamtime mix

and a white skunk definatly vigourus thats for sure

Squiggles

no hint of flowering on the mazar or one of the white skunks
but the rest are :woohoo: bit of christmas smoke and on too the re-veg

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
Nice dreamtime this one....and all the rest of your garden :)

picture.php

P :smoke:

tui

Looking good for your season, squiggles.

I've tryed early starts at 36 degrees south but have never had the growth explode until November.
I germinate and leave the girls outdoor so that may be a big factor.
I've got 9 malawai gold hybrids going at the moment, 4 weeks from sowing and they are 6 inches high and working on their 3rd leaves. I will leave my main season hopes for another 3 weeks before I start them going.

Good luck to all you kiwis out there.

keke.nz

looking good squiggles. budding already i see, gona be a nice early harvest.

keep it up everyone.

peace keke

Brushtail

Squiggles those girls are looking great. Got some WL white skunk on the go aswell, identified a male and few females, give me a yell if you want any pollen. As for similarity there identical to your, very branchy buggers.

Got some c99 crosses and lemon stinky(sensi star x chronic) on the go also, when it stops raining and starts warming up there going to explode!

hope everything is going well fellow aus/nz'ers!

b

Squiggles

thanks for the kind words Brush im pretty stoked with them aswell
got some new seeds today
leshaze, purple panama and mr nice walkabout

heres some shots from today for you all

dreamtime

white skunk

mazar finally flowering