What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pit Bulls Maul and Kill Owner

MrBungle

More is coming out about the story now... she was leaving her dogs with her dad who didnt feed them regularly or keep them inside.. which is something they were used to before in his care... Its her fault for leaving them with someone who didn't care and its his fault for not caring.... Everyone loses in this story

meadowman

to many rescuers have their hearts in the right place, but not their minds. i see very few dog owners that are leaders of their pack.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
A Pitt, or a Rottie, Doberman, German Shepherd, Belgian Malanois , all of these breeds can be particularly dangerous, if not trained and controlled correctly. These dogs are bred not only to be tools but also as weapons, if needs be, and should be avoided unless you can offer the food, space and time needed for one of these hunting/fighting breeds to grow up healthily, well trained , and then keep the dog busy with a busy physical working schedule for the rest of its life....

If you have an unhappy, unhealthy and untrained dog from any breed it is very difficult to sort out, but if its a Pitt or a Rottie it could be fatal.

Truthful

That is a beautiful dog Mtn. Nectar, lots of people will think that that is an APBT but that is not, that looks like an American Bully to me.

apbt vs am bully.jpg

CaptainDankness

Pitbulls ain't bad dogs they are some of the best sporting dogs you can get. Of course a lot of attacks happen, but they are one of the most popular breeds in America. Certainly not the best for guard dogs pretty laughable so many think they are the best guard dogs.

You want a bad ass dog you want a Caucasian Ovcharka, Tibetan Mastiff, Neapolitan Mastiff, etc. of course none of them dogs make the dangerous dogs list because they are not very popular.

But before everyone bashes pitbulls just remember those little rat dogs have killed babies. Had a Rat Terrier once good with me and my wife but attacked my daughter at 2-3 years old needless to say that dog got what was coming. A dog bites you once it needs to be put down and I love dogs have 4 guard dogs not one has ever gotten mean with my family, of course it I let someone new in my house I lock them in with my plants which is great because I have a damn good excuse to not give a tour of that floor. :)

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Pitbulls are way over bred and popular today... They are not dogs for everyone ... Bad breeding is the cause for most of these attacks... N today's world ruined the pitbull... 90% of pitbull born today should never been bred let alone born n sold...its really terrible what the breed became once it became the hot breed to own.. All the popularity n attention destroyed it.. Just like most strains once they go commercial the quality goes down hill fast...

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
just saw a 69 yr old woman killed .......not positive, but says at an Akita rescue............

also Fila's are banned 13 countries last I looked......had all those you mention and some Dank...livestock guardians/natural's...and can say the Ovcharka has some real potential...as used in Russian prisons to keep inmates in a submissive posture........the three I've had were good, but barked at a cricket fart and were pin cushions for foxtails........moved on.....as I prefer a dog that wil go catch than yap........

true gamedogs are nothing like (build/temperament) most bulldogs Truthful........dog on right looks staff or bully leaning towards staff side.......

Weak nerves are a big problem with all breeds and should never be bred........like garbage ganja lines.......cull the curs..........

funny thing is I've seen some very big so called bad guardians squeal like a biatch looking for a way out when a 40lb bulldog hangs on like a tick........

dawg on........

Truthful

Popularity and bad breeders are fucking up a lot of good breeds, I like Bully's but they are mixed with Neo Mastiffs (XXL), AMStaffs (XL), French Bulldogs (Pocket) none of those blue pit bulls that are so popular are real APBTs they have Staffy and Neo blood mixed into them. I really dislike the Pocket Bully breeding their legs are to short to be a fully functional dog they have very limited range of motion, over muscled with heads the are too huge for their frame, my buddy breeds them and the nasty, unnatural shit he has to do to breed them I could never do even with a hazmat suit on lmao.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I've always defended Pit Bulls, even after being bitten by one, but this story is making me wonder if maybe they really are inherently dangerous? I've always thought there are no bad dogs, just bad owners, so what caused these two dogs to kill the person who raised them from pups and eat parts of her corpse? From everything I've read, this poor woman treated her dogs like her children.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...he-woods-sheriff-says/?utm_term=.7fbc3e2f2d1a

This second link is is more detailed and graphic, so just a heads up.

https://wtvr.com/2017/12/19/longtim...isly-dog-mauling-they-were-very-passive-dogs/

Any dog needs to know who is boss. If they bite, need immediate negative feedback. I have never been bit by a Lhasa, but many times by shih-tzu's

Ready4

Veteran
This attack was a product of pure human dysfunction & outright animal abuse by 2 non-pit bulls. People like those folks should never have such dogs or any animals at all.
Yes, most certainly you need to be the alpha dog in your pack - the dog definitely has to know who is boss & some dogs are more stubborn than others - Rottweilers can be great dogs but really need extra work at a young age.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Woman Killed, Husband Injured In 'Savage' Attack By 2 Dogs In Bell Co.

"BELL COUNTY, Ky. (LEX 18) — A woman was killed and her husband was injured in an dog attack in Bell County, and officials are asking residents to be on the lookout for one of the animals.

The Bell County Sheriff's Department says it received a call at 10:20 a.m. reporting the attack on Highway 66 in the Wiser Branch area of Arjay. Police responding to the scene "discovered a woman and her husband had been savagely attacked by two pit bulls," according to a statement from the department.

A dispatch official said the caller reported that his brother and sister-in-law were attacked by two of their neighbor's dogs. Both were pit bulls, the caller said.

The woman was declared dead at the scene, and emergency responders transported the man to an area hospital. The man's condition was not immediately known.

The sheriff's statement says the husband was able to shoot both dogs. They said one was killed but the other escaped.

"Sheriff Mitch Williams is asking the community to be on the lookout for a brown pit bull that is injured," according to the statement. "Under no circumstances are you to engage this dangerous animal."

Police ask anyone who believes they have spotted the animal to immediately call 911 or 606-337-6174.

The husband survived and was transported to an area hospital with unspecified injuries. The names of the victims were not being release pending notification of other family members, according to Bell County Coroner Jay Steele."

https://www.lex18.com/story/37135000/woman-mauled-to-death-husband-injured-by-2-dogs-in-bell-co

coldcanna

Veteran
Problem is people get large dog breeds and don't take the time to train them young its a recipe for disaster. Not everyone should be a dog owner, if you dont wanna work with them just get a lizard

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
TRUE....

A dog is for life......and if you choose a working breed, then you need to physically work with that dog.... for life, cater to all of its needs.....for life, first making sure that the dog is properly trained to be around other humans.....If you can't give enough time and effort to your dog, then you could well have an accident waiting to happen.

Many people don't seem to accept the responsibility that should go with dog ownership, so inevitably their dogs cause the majority of the problems, because these dogs are not cared for or trained properly and become a danger within society.

Problem is people get large dog breeds and don't take the time to train them young its a recipe for disaster. Not everyone should be a dog owner, if you dont wanna work with them just get a lizard

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am sick of people always making excuses for pit bulls and dragging out stats comparing them to other breeds etc. No matter how passive and family-oriented they seem, the fact is, the breed was selected (bred) for characteristics suitable for fighting. Big, strong, determined and inherently aggressive. Unlike an intelligent breed like Labradors, pit bulls (and similar breeds) are impulse-driven and can revert to a pack-like mentality when a trigger causes one to react. They should be banned IMO as it's no different than keeping a pet lion around the house.

You can duke stats but it is hard to make them lie.

The majority of dog incidence are from >15kg poorly, if at all, trained lapdogs.

But when they bite, it doesn't make the news. Wrap a bandaid on it.

You clearly have an axe to grind.

Blame the deed, not the breed. Your argument is used in racial debates as well, "bad hombres" and all that bullshit. People are people and dogs are dogs. We are all the product of genetics and environment.

Ready4

Veteran
Yeah go to that story that Capt Ahab posted and look at the arrested dog owner = another senseless wasted hillbilly critter that should NEVER have dogs or any other pets...

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I don't know about that Mikel. Some breeds are just fucked up. I have a room full for ribbons from AKC dog obedience trials. My last dog held multiple obedience titles and I have trained hundreds of dogs over a period of about 12 years. I've seen a lot of shit up close.

Pits and some other breeds rip and tear as a natural method. Some breeds grab and hold. Fear biters bite and withdraw.

The rip and tear breeds are just dangerous. Plain and simple.

I have trained a zillion pits and all but 1 or 2 were wonderful dogs. I could say the same about all the breeds. I agree with you that it's all about the training and the handler.

BUT.... in the absence of training or proper upbringing, the rip and tear breeds are more dangerous than the others. And, since so many of the pits are owned by brothers with spiked collars and chain leashes, most of them are going untrained (or worse yet, bite trained).

In all my years and all my dogs.... the worst fucking dog of the lot? Great Danes. LOL Way more issues that the Pit's I've trained.

So, I guess, like all things, it's a little bit of both sides.

But, when it all comes down to it, it's the human being's fault. As it always is. Fucking dumb ass humans. And they think the dog's are fucked up. LMAO

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I do agree on the differences in responses of different breeds, and very much appreciate the insight you've shared here. There is a determination in some breeds that can border on suicidal.

And then sometimes who the fuck knows.

My sister was walking two very well behaved dogs, despite no training or proper care on her friend, the owners part. They saw something and broke free. An hour later they came loping over a hill, happy as balls to have found her again, boucing around and licking her hand, almost black with blood from head to toe.

Turns out they slaughtered a herd of sheep. Didn't eat a thing, it looked to be sport than anything else.

British bulldog and an American pit bull terrier mutt type. They have the power and determination to do a lot of damage.

shithawk420

Veteran
Holy shit!I bet the sheep's owner was pissed!I'd be pissed as the owner of the dogs.that's way too much damage.

Got a rott on the farm and he's killed everything except the horses and the llamas.he's a real dick.I don't like rotts

igrowone

Veteran
not too familiar with the breed
though i did have a close call with one a few years back
outside a local 'drug' house, girl that had no control over it, glad the rope didn't break
not saying the breed is vicious, but this picture speaks many words

Attachments

• Slide1189.jpg
    Slide1189.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 10

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Yeah, like I said.... the kind of people who own these breeds are fucked up more than the dogs (in some cases, not all).

Pits that are well trained and confident are as good as any dog from any breed. Untrained or stuck on the end of a short chain...... any dog will be fucked up.

Like I said earlier... in all my years, I have only been bitten one time that drew blood. A Toy French Poodle. LMAO Little fucker. LMAO

I have seen my trainer deal with dogs who have 'rage'. This is a dog that can not control it's instinct. It's OK up to a point but once it is stimulated beyond a certain point, it's not a pet any more.

This is a really sad situation. By the time the owner knows the dogs is fucked up and calls for professional help, they are already attached to the dog and suggestions of putting it down and starting over with a better dog are usually met with tears and rejection. It's a really sad thing to have to tell someone that their dog is never going to be like the other dogs. Never going to be allowed around people or other dogs. It's sad. People cry. People you wouldn't think would cry.

So, we train them how to own a dog with rage. The door bell rings, the dog is trained to go into his room and you give him a treat and close the door before you ever open the front door to greet your guest. We teach them how to walk the dog and where and when. How to control them when instinct takes over. It's a fucked up situation but people would rather do that for 10 years than put their dog down and start over. And, I see their point.

It's sad for me when I drive through the hood and I see a pack of brothers and 3 of them have pits dragging, pulling and choking on the leash.

These people are not happy.

These dogs are not happy.

There's no good in this situation.

This is the situation you read about in the news 99% of the time when you read about a pit mauling.

Get a nice Bernese Mountain Dog and a Golden Retriever. Name them Peace and Love. LOL

Latest posts

Latest posts