What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mmmm Lemon G

hilljack

the bubblestar is bubblegum x sensistar a tasty chunky mostly indica with an amazing euphoric knockout high great for pain relief and anxiety

bred by the same cats who bred the deathstar

Hawkfeather

Lemon G-13

Lemon G-13

I just saw this post and thought i would let everyone know what made the Lemon G-13 strain. it's actually true G-13 crossed with an old Humboldt county strain. Alot of seeds were grown out from this cross and only one had the lemon pledge smell and taste. Alot of people say it has skunk misty or some other strain in it but not true.I know whats in it because i crossed it back in 2001.There may be other crosses out there that are similar but the one i mentioned is the one i named Lemon G. I gave it to 4 or 5 good friends here in Ohio and it has spread from there. I was really glad to see it mentioned in the cannabible 3. It's on a list of elite "clone only" strains on pg.155.I plan on writing to Jason King to give him the full story so he can put it in the next book if he wants to.If anyone wants any other info let me know.

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
I just saw this post and thought i would let everyone know what made the Lemon G-13 strain. it's actually true G-13 crossed with an old Humboldt county strain. Alot of seeds were grown out from this cross and only one had the lemon pledge smell and taste. Alot of people say it has skunk misty or some other strain in it but not true.I know whats in it because i crossed it back in 2001.There may be other crosses out there that are similar but the one i mentioned is the one i named Lemon G. I gave it to 4 or 5 good friends here in Ohio and it has spread from there. I was really glad to see it mentioned in the cannabible 3. It's on a list of elite "clone only" strains on pg.155.I plan on writing to Jason King to give him the full story so he can put it in the next book if he wants to.If anyone wants any other info let me know.

True g-13? no offense, but i highly doubt you had or even still have the ORIGINAL g-13. Pics or it didnt happen bro. What was the supposed "old humbolt county strain" that was used? Im very intersted to hear about that.

Herbalremedy

I disagree as well. Whatever the original g-13 was, it doesn't exist anymore... closest you're going to get to the original today is a hybrid that is at best fairly similar. There are also several different cuts of g-13 that were popularized. And which "old Humboldt county" strain?

Also, Ohio Lemon G and its keeper phenotypes have been around Ohio for a while, long before 2001. Obviously, there are lots of lemon smelling cannabis strains and I do not doubt that you have worked with one you call "Lemon G". Obviously the name has commonality too. However, Ohio Lemon G takes on an unmistakeable sweet candy scent as well, not just the lemon cleaner scent. Lots of cannabis strains possess a lemon cleaner scent, for instance Subcool's Jack's Cleaner and Jack's Cleaner 2.

From what I've heard from the ol' hookah heads, there isn't actually ANY G-13 in the mix. And honestly I believe it. From what I've seen, I watched the more sativa (fluffy, big buds) pheno grown side by side with DNA's Lemon Skunk, and there is a haunting similarity. From what I heard, these days most of the Lemon G that is passed off anymore is the Lemon Skunk from DNA or it's what I've heard to be called the original and true Lemon G, which as that Ohio grower said was a Panamanian strain grown from seeds and kept since the 70's and inbred over the years. This bud is amazing, and does actually resemble a pheno that would be truly G13 related, it's definitely a fruity, tropical, old-school strain and it's got large fluffy buds but they are tighter than the sat/skunk pheno. I've only come across it a few times and it's amazing, and the buzz is similar, but the taste is so much better with a slight bite to it. The cuttings are really hard to get, but it does resemble the other Panamanian strains and crosses I have seen when it's growing and it's end-product is the amazing pinesol lemon taste not the more skunky sat/skunk pheno. This is the only semi-indica like pheno I have seen that I believe to be the 'True' Lemon G. But I still do not think it has any G13 in it, at least not the cuttings and end products that float around now-a-days, not to mention all the old timers say the 'G' has been around since before I was born, which means it was around back in the late 70's early 80's. Making it impossible to have G13. Just my experience with the strain.

-LifeIsGrowing

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
old school lemon G= jordan of the islands lemon skunk x g13 (airborne possibly ?)
New school lemon G= Skunk Misty

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
Hawkfeather? Where u at? Im still waiting to hear all about your "original g-13" and the "humboldt county strain".

Big ups to the Ohio cats. NEO and CBus. I have seen alot of nice genetics around lately. I have collected a few beans over the years of the lemon g. I have sprouted a few here and there and have noticed many different phenos that range from indica to sativa dom. Almost all have the same type of smell. Some more candyish to skunkyish. I know a few peeps that run her localy and I have found beans from both camps. So she must herm with stress. About the IN candy, she yields pretty damm good on tables drip fed. Flopy branches and hand grenade sized buds

tetragrammaton

Veteran
I have some things to add to this thread.

Having grown Santa Marta Colombian Gold x Malawi Gold, and having a CG dominant pheno, I can definitely see Lemon G having some Colombian in it's genes, with the intense citrus.

This thread also interested me, because not only is it about Lemon G, but I see that Candy is mentioned, lol.

Last year around this time in central Indiana, someone was growing Lemon G and Candy exclusively, they still might be for all I know. I was going to be introduced to the grower and trade genetics, however my connection was arrested days later before that could happen, and I moved away afterwards.

My first experience with Lemon G was just with a gram, and at the time, I wrongly assumed that it was a made up name, and the strain was in fact a perfectly grown, harvested, and cured specimen of OG Kush. Why? I've had various OG Kushs from different clubs in Santa Barbara, and the Lemon G I had, smelled extremely similar, but way more intense in the lemon department. They both had bright green buds with bright orange hairs and glistening in a good amount of trichomes. The lemon flavor of the Lemon G was actually stronger and more pleasant in my opinion, than the best OG Kushes I've had. The high was more enjoyable in my opinion though.

Well, needless to say, I got more, and inquired more as well. The guy informed me it's a G-13 cross. Well, that didn't really tell me much, and it was nothing like the various G-13's I've had.

I found a lot of information on another forum regarding Lemon G, and the one thing everyone seemed to agree on, was that it is made with an Ohio G-13 which is UNRELATED to the standard G-13. Apparently the Ohio G-13 went by some other name, but was really popular, and is quite similar in high to Lemon G.

I'd also like to point out that the original Indiana Bubblegum is still around. Many people received cuttings and seeds from the breeder who is now in a nursing home unless he passed away.

Virtually every strain known to man was grown at Indiana University, legally, and from what I hear, a lot of strains "escaped". I don't remember his name, but a professor there has a license from the DEA to study cannabinoids, terpenes, etc... along with some of his undergrads that showed interest. A lot of their work can be found with a simple google search. Bloomington, Indiana is a very liberal town, with many hydro stores, head shops, and fun things to do. It is never a problem there to find premium well cured locally grown weed from growers who have been doing it their whole life.

D

dubdi3mond

just thought id stop back in and let you know that i am smoking some LG again.. and boy is it a treat its been a while

only bought a lil smoke sack and its REAKING up my house ha i love this strain, why are there no grows on here with this strain? its killer as long as you dont over do it, builds tolerance quickly

J

joebuddy420

I picked up a cutting of Candy in Cincinnati in '01 and its been going around NW OH ever since. I passed a cut of it to some buddies in Cbus 3 or 4 years ago. It does grow very sativa-like (stretchy) with big chunky round buds and hardly any leaf at all. Seriously have seen baseball sized buds on her. Will turn purple if you let it go long enough and I have seen people pull her as early as 50 days, but after 65 is when she really starts getting her chunk on. Smell and taste are straight skittles!! High is also very heady. There is also a cut going around the Detroit area that they are calling Cotton Candy but is really the original Candy Cut.

stanky1

I have heard the Candy was orginally from Southern Indiana and has been grown for years since the early 80's. I dont know for sure though could be total bs, but i do know its a nice cut, have grown her many times.

stanky1

I have some things to add to this thread.

Having grown Santa Marta Colombian Gold x Malawi Gold, and having a CG dominant pheno, I can definitely see Lemon G having some Colombian in it's genes, with the intense citrus.

This thread also interested me, because not only is it about Lemon G, but I see that Candy is mentioned, lol.

Last year around this time in central Indiana, someone was growing Lemon G and Candy exclusively, they still might be for all I know. I was going to be introduced to the grower and trade genetics, however my connection was arrested days later before that could happen, and I moved away afterwards.

My first experience with Lemon G was just with a gram, and at the time, I wrongly assumed that it was a made up name, and the strain was in fact a perfectly grown, harvested, and cured specimen of OG Kush. Why? I've had various OG Kushs from different clubs in Santa Barbara, and the Lemon G I had, smelled extremely similar, but way more intense in the lemon department. They both had bright green buds with bright orange hairs and glistening in a good amount of trichomes. The lemon flavor of the Lemon G was actually stronger and more pleasant in my opinion, than the best OG Kushes I've had. The high was more enjoyable in my opinion though.

Well, needless to say, I got more, and inquired more as well. The guy informed me it's a G-13 cross. Well, that didn't really tell me much, and it was nothing like the various G-13's I've had.

I found a lot of information on another forum regarding Lemon G, and the one thing everyone seemed to agree on, was that it is made with an Ohio G-13 which is UNRELATED to the standard G-13. Apparently the Ohio G-13 went by some other name, but was really popular, and is quite similar in high to Lemon G.

I'd also like to point out that the original Indiana Bubblegum is still around. Many people received cuttings and seeds from the breeder who is now in a nursing home unless he passed away.

Virtually every strain known to man was grown at Indiana University, legally, and from what I hear, a lot of strains "escaped". I don't remember his name, but a professor there has a license from the DEA to study cannabinoids, terpenes, etc... along with some of his undergrads that showed interest. A lot of their work can be found with a simple google search. Bloomington, Indiana is a very liberal town, with many hydro stores, head shops, and fun things to do. It is never a problem there to find premium well cured locally grown weed from growers who have been doing it their whole life.

I dont know about all this, lived in Bloomington at one time and never heard any such thing. What r some of these flavors that are in Bloomington? Ive also heard kids from Ohio call the G13 that made lemon G "Sharpies G". Who knows wookies in Phish Lot dont always tell the truth.

-stanky

HashCat

The bottom line is the Lemon G has a great taste(not lemon but tangerine),but sucks to clone grow and yield.The buzz is like a skunk intense for the first hour,after that your over it.
The ohio G-13 or "the G" as its normally called was very potent and my favorite flavor smoke,a very rich pine/soap/frankincense taste. But it grows just like the lemonG, low yield and hard to clone.
I know the ohioG13 has been crossed many time in the past,but none compare to the original.

Latest posts

Latest posts