What's new

Need Trimming Advice

Am 3 weeks into flowering my 2nd crop.
1st one tested at 15.85% THC, which was lower than I hoped for, but after all the mistakes I made I'm lucky they even survived.
Haven't grown since the 70's, and was living in Arizona, it was a completely different universe back then.
SO, I started trimming the shaders that are below the "node" started a new growth. It looks like when that's done a cluster will form.
I'm guessing those are the flower clusters?
So, is that the way to groom a plant to have lots of buds?
I've noticed there long stems between the forming clusters, and think it was when I started the daily trimming that the clusters got closer together.
Also, all I've been doing is holding the stalk and gently bending the shade leaf back until it breaks, then removing from below the node.
Sometimes they wont break, so I just use side of thumb nail to pinch it off.
Lost of questions here, thanks on advance for any help.

I think you are referring to topping or training. Check out this thread:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=115377

Wow, thanks a lot, will need a few days to absorb all that.
So, I'm guessing the intent of the person giving instructions were to only remove the large shaders in order to give the plant more energy to grow the buds.
In which case I really screwed them up and have stressed them out almost every freaking day.
I thought the fans on the plants were to circulate more air inside the growth.
At least they have a great environment and good nutrients.

Leave leafs alone until you know the strain. Imo

I got the plants from Cloners in Seattle.
Don't remember the strains, one says ASS, the a is for Afghan is all I remember.
There's some CX, think they called it Cintex?
Then also Great White something, don't remember.
I wanted plants with 7-8 week flower, and min 20% THC.
Two are Indica and one is Sativa.
Am using all Mills, but just ordered 10 liters of Terpinator.
I thought all were basically treated the same except some took longer to flower.

Latest posts

Latest posts