What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is my seedling stretching too much?

Thanks, man. :tiphat: I built it following hygrohybrid's video on how to build one. And my light is the MarsHydro Mars II 400w. It's about 200 from the wall.

And I'm aiming for 4-6oz for the one under the net, but am gonna keep vegging and topping that one for a while. Might keep it as a mother.

As for #1 in the 2x2, I don't know what to expect. It had 3 weeks of veg and only topped once. It's got a few shoots, but not a lot. I'm gonna guess around 2-4oz.

Thanks for the DIY video. I'm on my first grow (check my posts to find it) and I built a wooden stick cage to do some vegScroG'ing. I dint want to weave all the plants together cause I have eight different strains all with varying finishing times. I'll probably ScroG my first uniform grow. :) I would suggest lollipoping later to allow some smalle branches a chance. The way I see it, more colas are a good thing. :)

-KA

Crap, I don't remember what number they are, but it's the 3 gallon.

Cool. Just needed to know for relative size in the picture. I think I'm gonna invest in a ruler for people's reference to the size of my plants in pictures I post.

I think I'm leaning toward the 3 gal. over the 2 gal.

Thanks again!
-KA

Thanks for the kind words, bros.

Okay, so apologies on the delayed update. Started a new job and haven't had much time.

So, week 3 of flower for Green Ninja #1 started on the 24th. I took the scrog net out of the veg tent and put it in the flower tent. It took to it very well and has been looking great. Node spacing looks good, leaves look good, and there are pistils poppin' all over the place. It stretched about 7-8 inches above the net in about a week.

GN #1, Week 3 of flower

2ujjsp2.jpg

2nlg6zn.jpg

I should have taken some close ups of the pistils. I will try to take some tomorrow during lights on.

Green Ninja #2 is still a bushy monster. I recently topped it for, about, the 7th or 8th time and pruned it(not shown pruned in pic). There are tops for days. I plan on buying a Mars II 1200 asap and flowering it out in the 3x3 with another scrog net, but I have to get another tent to store the Afghani's and the Strawberry Blue first. Not to mention a bigger pot and a few other things.

The Afghani's and the SB have each been topped and lightly super cropped and are looking good. They've also been transplanted to 1 gallon pots.

veodu8.jpg

SB bottom left, Afghani #1 top left, partially shown bottom right Afghani #2
wt99nk.jpg

Hey, everyone. Sorry for the absurdly late response. Not that a ton of people were interested in this grow or anything, but I have bad news...

Shortly after my last update, I became consumed with work(I'm a cook), working 48-50 hours a week, and laziness kept me from thoroughly updating.

The plants were doing fine with only the occasional late watering. No pH issues, burning, nothing. I was very happy with how it was turning out. (However, I do wish I had upped my feeding a bit due to lack of impressive size on the colas. I was following the feeding charts at quarter strength.)

Me and my girlfriend, whom I was living with, weren't really doing so great. Lots of arguing and drunken episodes. She began with a repetitive argument saying that "all I cared about was my plants" and it continued as a chorus throughout our arguments because she would get extremely angry and threaten to destroy my grow, which would then cause me to not let her into our bedroom until she calmed down.

Although I was very cautious and cared very much about my grow, this was just a scapegoat for her to justify her absurd views on what was going on in our lives at the time. I initially started the grow to eliminate the middle man and make some extra side money for us, as well as to have unlimited bud for us to smoke together. So, her argument was invalid and rather insane.

So, the Green Ninja #1 was well into flower. I was about 8-9 days away from harvest and the buds smelled like lemon-bubble gum-candy. I was excited as fuck to say the least.

I had ordered another 3x3 tent and gotten rid of one of the Afghani's. I then ordered a 600w hps, 4in fan, Pro Mix soil, Blue Planet nutrients pack, etc to get the Green Ninja #2 into flower as it had been vegging for almost 2 months and was outgrowing the 5 gallon smart pot.

So, altogether, I had the GN #1 almost finished, the GN #2 a few days into flower, Afghani #1 and Strawberry Blue transplanted and continuing vegging. Everything was going relatively smooth.

A crucial error I made, was putting the 3x3 veg tent, housing A#1 and SB, in the living room. I did this temporarily until I cleared out the upstairs room for it.

This is were is goes bad...

My girlfriend and I went to visit a friend of her's, whom I hated due to being a pill and cokehead and always coercing my gullible ass girlfriend into letting her borrow money that would never get paid back.

The conversations turn ugly when we start discussing relationships and such. In like, 2 minutes, it went from calm talking to the both of them standing in front of me, as I sat and drank beer, yelling at me about how I need to get over the fact that she cheated on me(whole 'nother story) and how if I can't put up with her attitude, she can go find someone who will.

I remained calm and just rolled my eyes as I kept drinking beer.

Then, the "friend" decides she wants to go to the store to get some food and we go to take her. After that, she says she wants to drink some more and my dumb ass girlfriend offers her some of the craft brews I had bought previously in the night and was saving for us to drink after we got back from her friend's.

At this point, I had enough.

We got to our apartment and I stormed inside, got the beer, gave them some and just went back inside to lay down, drink some more, and watch Mr Tight and Medgrower on youtube.

She dropped her friend off and came back yelling at me and we argued and yelled at one another. She went upstairs to sleep with no pillow or blanket. I was going to let her be, but something inside me told me to give up my pride and just tell her to come sleep on the bed and that I was willing to squash everything.

Went I went upstairs, I said "Hey, look. I don't want any problems. Just come lay on the bed. I don't want you sleeping up here without a blanket or pillow."

Then, she ran to the door, yelled "FUCK YOU!" and slammed the door in my face, hard as shit. Like it was literally right in my face as I was standing right in the door way, so when it slammed, it was about 2 inches from my face.

When this happened, something rose within in me and I felt some pretty extreme anger. I tore the door right off the hinges and threw it off the loft down into the living room and just stood there.

She then ran and started punching me, close fisted, directly in my face, as she had done so many times before which led me to do what I had done so many times before... grab her arms, get her to the ground and pin her down until she relaxed.

Except, this time I lost it. *Disclaimer: I did not hit her once. Not a single time. AT ALL.* and I started screaming in her face that I was tired of the way she treats me and I wasn't going to let her hit me anymore. I was simply over it.

When I did this she started screaming bloody, goddamn murder. When I let go, she started clawing at my face, so I held her arms down again, which led to more blood curdling screams.

It was at this point, that I heard the pounding on the door.

It was the cops...

Long story relatively short, the neighbor called the cops due to the commotion. As soon as I opened the door, they stormed in. I immediately closed my eyes in pain as I knew they'd notice the big, black tent with some purple(led) lighting peaking through it.

And they did...

I got arrested and my court date was just recently scheduled(several upon several months later). It's my first drug offense, so I'm pretty sure I'll just get probation, but who knows.

Sorry for the wall of text, guys. Just thought I'd update an old thread and perhaps help to be an example for somebody out there, so they avoid what happened to me.

It sucks and I think about it all the time, but when they seized everything, they missed my seeds, ph pen, and my trimmers. (hehe) So, when the smoke clears, I'll be at it again. Have been seriously considering moving to a legal state, but I just don't know anyone in any.

Life sucks sometimes, man. I'm not a bad guy. I just had some bad circumstances. Don't let an abusive girlfriend or boyfriend ruin your life, ladies and gents.

Have a good night everyone.

Sforza

Veteran
Darn man, that sucks. You had some nice plants growing for a first grow. I guess most of us guys have been in similar situations to one degree or another. Better to put up with some bullshit than let an argument turn into the cops busting for domestic abuse or worse still, your ganja. Women are emotional creatures and have to be handled with care.

The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Last edited:

species

Hey, everyone. Sorry for the absurdly late response. Not that a ton of people were interested in this grow or anything, but I have bad news...

Shortly after my last update, I became consumed with work(I'm a cook), working 48-50 hours a week, and laziness kept me from thoroughly updating.

The plants were doing fine with only the occasional late watering. No pH issues, burning, nothing. I was very happy with how it was turning out. (However, I do wish I had upped my feeding a bit due to lack of impressive size on the colas. I was following the feeding charts at quarter strength.)

Me and my girlfriend, whom I was living with, weren't really doing so great. Lots of arguing and drunken episodes. She began with a repetitive argument saying that "all I cared about was my plants" and it continued as a chorus throughout our arguments because she would get extremely angry and threaten to destroy my grow, which would then cause me to not let her into our bedroom until she calmed down.

Although I was very cautious and cared very much about my grow, this was just a scapegoat for her to justify her absurd views on what was going on in our lives at the time. I initially started the grow to eliminate the middle man and make some extra side money for us, as well as to have unlimited bud for us to smoke together. So, her argument was invalid and rather insane.

So, the Green Ninja #1 was well into flower. I was about 8-9 days away from harvest and the buds smelled like lemon-bubble gum-candy. I was excited as fuck to say the least.

I had ordered another 3x3 tent and gotten rid of one of the Afghani's. I then ordered a 600w hps, 4in fan, Pro Mix soil, Blue Planet nutrients pack, etc to get the Green Ninja #2 into flower as it had been vegging for almost 2 months and was outgrowing the 5 gallon smart pot.

So, altogether, I had the GN #1 almost finished, the GN #2 a few days into flower, Afghani #1 and Strawberry Blue transplanted and continuing vegging. Everything was going relatively smooth.

A crucial error I made, was putting the 3x3 veg tent, housing A#1 and SB, in the living room. I did this temporarily until I cleared out the upstairs room for it.

This is were is goes bad...

My girlfriend and I went to visit a friend of her's, whom I hated due to being a pill and cokehead and always coercing my gullible ass girlfriend into letting her borrow money that would never get paid back.

The conversations turn ugly when we start discussing relationships and such. In like, 2 minutes, it went from calm talking to the both of them standing in front of me, as I sat and drank beer, yelling at me about how I need to get over the fact that she cheated on me(whole 'nother story) and how if I can't put up with her attitude, she can go find someone who will.

I remained calm and just rolled my eyes as I kept drinking beer.

Then, the "friend" decides she wants to go to the store to get some food and we go to take her. After that, she says she wants to drink some more and my dumb ass girlfriend offers her some of the craft brews I had bought previously in the night and was saving for us to drink after we got back from her friend's.

At this point, I had enough.

We got to our apartment and I stormed inside, got the beer, gave them some and just went back inside to lay down, drink some more, and watch Mr Tight and Medgrower on youtube.

She dropped her friend off and came back yelling at me and we argued and yelled at one another. She went upstairs to sleep with no pillow or blanket. I was going to let her be, but something inside me told me to give up my pride and just tell her to come sleep on the bed and that I was willing to squash everything.

Went I went upstairs, I said "Hey, look. I don't want any problems. Just come lay on the bed. I don't want you sleeping up here without a blanket or pillow."

Then, she ran to the door, yelled "FUCK YOU!" and slammed the door in my face, hard as shit. Like it was literally right in my face as I was standing right in the door way, so when it slammed, it was about 2 inches from my face.

When this happened, something rose within in me and I felt some pretty extreme anger. I tore the door right off the hinges and threw it off the loft down into the living room and just stood there.

She then ran and started punching me, close fisted, directly in my face, as she had done so many times before which led me to do what I had done so many times before... grab her arms, get her to the ground and pin her down until she relaxed.

Except, this time I lost it. *Disclaimer: I did not hit her once. Not a single time. AT ALL.* and I started screaming in her face that I was tired of the way she treats me and I wasn't going to let her hit me anymore. I was simply over it.

When I did this she started screaming bloody, goddamn murder. When I let go, she started clawing at my face, so I held her arms down again, which led to more blood curdling screams.

It was at this point, that I heard the pounding on the door.

It was the cops...

Long story relatively short, the neighbor called the cops due to the commotion. As soon as I opened the door, they stormed in. I immediately closed my eyes in pain as I knew they'd notice the big, black tent with some purple(led) lighting peaking through it.

And they did...

I got arrested and my court date was just recently scheduled(several upon several months later). It's my first drug offense, so I'm pretty sure I'll just get probation, but who knows.

Sorry for the wall of text, guys. Just thought I'd update an old thread and perhaps help to be an example for somebody out there, so they avoid what happened to me.

It sucks and I think about it all the time, but when they seized everything, they missed my seeds, ph pen, and my trimmers. (hehe) So, when the smoke clears, I'll be at it again. Have been seriously considering moving to a legal state, but I just don't know anyone in any.

Life sucks sometimes, man. I'm not a bad guy. I just had some bad circumstances. Don't let an abusive girlfriend or boyfriend ruin your life, ladies and gents.

Have a good night everyone.

That sucks, sorry to hear that.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Battery caused by her punching/clawing, but yet you are the one in the hot seat. Ironic, and sad. Hope all goes well and you ditch the unstable force in your life.

Thanks for the kind words, dudes. I'm doing okay and I got rid of that miserable ****. She was constantly calling and texting and driving to where I staying, begging for me to take her back. My response "Hell nah. Fuck outta here."

So, I ended up with conditional discharge, which is like a lite-version of probation. It's a one-time, only, thing for first time drug offenders where if you do the program without any fuck ups, they'll take the offense off your record. It's 1 year probation with 3 random drug tests. First one coming up soon. My fines, surprisingly, weren't too bad for a charge with plants and paraphernalia($800+/-) They tried inditing me, but my record and the small amount I had going led it back to municipal court. So, yeah. It could have been way worse and now, I have to be CAREFUL as FUCK.

I'm doing good though. Life hasn't been perfect, but it's been okay enough to keep me optimistic about the future. Been schemin' non-fucking-stop about my plan for a grow in my new apartment I'm moving to. It will take time and a lot of patience and planning, as well as the most precise amount of cautiousness, but I wanna get something small going. Goal is to produce at least 6-8oz every cycle for some extra bucks.

So, yeah. Thanks again, guys. I'm hanging in there and have learned so much in the past year. Have a good day, dudes.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Life hasn't been perfect, but it's been okay enough to keep me optimistic about the future.
Good mantra.

Sforza

Veteran
Thanks for the kind words, dudes. I'm doing okay and I got rid of that miserable ****. She was constantly calling and texting and driving to where I staying, begging for me to take her back. My response "Hell nah. Fuck outta here."

So, I ended up with conditional discharge, which is like a lite-version of probation. It's a one-time, only, thing for first time drug offenders where if you do the program without any fuck ups, they'll take the offense off your record. It's 1 year probation with 3 random drug tests. First one coming up soon. My fines, surprisingly, weren't too bad for a charge with plants and paraphernalia($800+/-) They tried inditing me, but my record and the small amount I had going led it back to municipal court. So, yeah. It could have been way worse and now, I have to be CAREFUL as FUCK.

I'm doing good though. Life hasn't been perfect, but it's been okay enough to keep me optimistic about the future. Been schemin' non-fucking-stop about my plan for a grow in my new apartment I'm moving to. It will take time and a lot of patience and planning, as well as the most precise amount of cautiousness, but I wanna get something small going. Goal is to produce at least 6-8oz every cycle for some extra bucks.

So, yeah. Thanks again, guys. I'm hanging in there and have learned so much in the past year. Have a good day, dudes.

Good to learn that you were not totally screwed, blued, and tattooed. Keep you nose clean for a year and come back wiser and more careful than before. Good women are out there, but you have to do some looking to find yourself one.

Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.

The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.

She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.

Latest posts

Latest posts