What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Landlord and Commerical Grows

Storm Shadow

Veteran
One of my close associates flooded his spot when his float valve took a shit...it got the next door neighbors business wet and made a big ordeal...this is a commercial warehouse

Landlord came with a locksmith...opened the places up...saw all the plants...and just turned off the water flooding..

My bro called the Property Management company and he has a meeting with them this week.... He thinks they are going to give him a week to move his shit out since they didn't call the police..

What are the laws for this type of situation?
Can they evict you based on breaking the rules of the lease? Can he swing it there for a few more weeks/Months or do u think get the fuck out asap is the best approach?

I have minimal exp with landlord issues...I always try hard to not come in contact with them...I have no idea what to tell my boy other then be happy ur not in cuffs going to jail, He swears he has some sort of tenant rights...

Anyways , any help would me mad appreciated

Can the landlord call the police still and make an issue? He said they took photos when they came inside...

Andyo

Veteran
$$$$$$$$

$$$$$$$$

landlord wont call cops if he thinks he,ll lose $$$$
But he,ll be wanting cover him self were laws involved best talk to the guy, put right stuff ect pay any damages n move out .i wouldve slept on site or paid somone too.A

Can they evict you based on breaking the rules of the lease? Can he swing it there for a few more weeks/Months or do u think get the fuck out asap is the best approach?

Yes they can. More so if your boy used a business front and or lied about his purpose for the lease.

I would be surprised if they don't send a 3 day eviction letter and a bill for any damages/costs early lease terminations etc. Possibly a letter from their attorney.

Unless it's maybe a smaller low key warehouse by some old timer who enjoys a little toke and monthly rent paid in cash.. but if it's a business park or larger commercial property with managers, security I assume they play by the books.

Friend

Veteran
Even under the best case scenario, assuming the landlord doesn't call the cops at any point....

The other tenant, who presumably suffered a financial loss from the flooding, might call them instead.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Thank you for all the responses...

I guess neighbors and my boy already spoke and are both on the same page...they don't care about the grow just don't want water leaking into their spot again...

If the Landlord gives you a couple of weeks to move out...they obviously don't want to deal with law enforcement, Maybe he can stretch out it an extra week and finish his run..

I'm just glad he's not in trouble because 10000% I'd have to bail him out and lawyer him up

Storm Shadow

Veteran
OH BOY HELP HELP,....

Landlord called the cops, and my buddy threw away all the plants and tossed half the rootballs away....there are about 50 rootballs left but no plants....

Landlord took pics of all the plants the day the came in....

what can the police do when they come there and see no plants?

Please help this is an emergency in my circle,,,,

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
He really should lawyer up now.

That being said, as long as the locksmith doesn't give a statement, it would be the landlord's word against your boy's. Pictures aren't enough, technically speaking. Unless, there is a picture of him with the plants. For all anyone knows, the landlord set that photography scene up just so that he could kick out a tenant he didn't like. One person's word against another's. But then again, there is that locksmith.

Better call Saul.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Keep in mind I'm not a lawyer, but my educated guess is they *could* analyze the genetic material of the rootballs to determine that they are in fact cannabis rootballs. But the probability of them going through the trouble is another matter altogether. Probably not worth the expense, unless this was a huge grow in a draconian state. If there is a way to get back in there and dispose of the rootballs entirely, I would do that. If not, well, that's why lawyering up is a good idea at this juncture.

About the equipment... probably not, unless there is a clause in the lease that says if the tenant breaks the lease, all his belongings onsite become the property of the landlord. Otherwise, no, that's theft. And if charges are filed, it would be law enforcement that would take his equipment, not the landlord.

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
not sure what they can do with a no plants pics and rootballs....If this is LA co probably just get a DA reject at worst imo depending on your pals past any DA wasting time with this in LA is retarded alot of lower hanging fruit ...if this is the IE or SD i'd be a lot more concerned.

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
if they feel that it can be used as evidence they can take what they want

good luck

i'd be on the phone with a lawyer instead of talking to us

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
if there are no plants in there and just rootballs...what can the local police do?

Have him call a lawyer, pay for the lawyer to talk to the police...

Tell your boy to take a week vacation and let the lawyer handle it...

Your boy should have his friends recover any equipment...

Been through this several times in my circle...

Storm Shadow

Veteran
this is in OC California,

Do u guys think going back tonight and disposing of the rootballs is a good idea? if the cops come, will they leave a note or a list of some sort?

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
this is in OC California,

Do u guys think going back tonight and disposing of the rootballs is a good idea? if the cops come, will they leave a note or a list of some sort?

Do it really late at night, they are NOT going to pay for overtime to babysit rootballs...

Have your boys' boys do it.....

Storm Shadow

Veteran
the next door neighbors just hit up and said 2 cop cars arrived and are banging on the door...

anyone guess their next move? I have the neighbor keeping me updated...any chance they come by my buddies residence if they have his address on file from the Property Management company