What's new

Landlord and Commerical Grows

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Fuck, bro, I think it's safe to say that's where they're going next. No joke. Hope your boy is safe, and his nest is clean.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
I meant they came to the warehouse.... what can they legally do besides knock on the door, and if nobody answers at the residence if they came....what might be happen next

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
They might be waiting for the landlord to show up. Otherwise, unless they have a search warrant already, they will not be entering the warehouse.

I don't think they could really take the equipment. If there were medical recs. posted and under 99 plants.

All though each county could have their own ordinance or rules in play. Some are dicks some have seen this 5 times a week.

Get your or his people in there and take everything down as quick as imaginably possible.
Fill a uhaul and make 1 and only 1 trip maybe starting around 2am & try to get out by 5am or before the other business employees show.

That will really piss off the landlord but by now what else can you do? Try not to damage his property any more when leaving. Expect a bill for damages and broken lease. Expect a letter from his lawyer, maybe forward that letter to your mans lawyer.

If its been a few days and the boys are just showing up that's not worst case scenario imo.. It wasn't feds or task force doing an all out blitz.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hiya
my guess is that when he attends the meeting with the landlord then he may get a big hike in his rent,,,that or move out,,
fact he didn't ring leo could point to financial reasons,,,best of luck,,,,,,s2

Storm Shadow

Veteran
so we'll be getting a hold of Lawyer later today....

The landlord had a locksmith open the doors up yesterday, I locked them with a latch so they'd have to break the door down to get in the front, and the back roll up door is locked with a few pad locks....they didn't use the locksmith to access the back door

Do they need a warrant to come inside the shop? What happens if they just keep knocking and nobody responds?

Sorry for if I asked the same question over and over ...im kinda trippen hard right now on this whole ordeal

has anyone been busted for root balls ? I mean there are 144 7 gallon pots that have no plants in them but the other half of the room has cut stems like an inch or 2 long connected to the rootball.... man I pretty anxious I have a lot of money tied up in this busted operation

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
It's very possible that they don't need a warrant, if the landlord lets them in, and if your boy in fact broke his lease. I would operate under the assumption that they do not need your boy's permission to enter the premises. I don't know what to tell you about the rootballs though.

Gelado`

Veteran
I believe you can still be charged with possession of marijuana for the rootballs; they'll try to get him to cop out to a cultivation charge and a lesser sentence. You wouldn't want to take it to trial with the pics and the pots with plant matter in 'em...sticky situation. If he can he should get those pots out ASAP. Without them they won't have a leg to stand on.

Cartel530

Veteran
Up here they dont count harvest plants when they do a compliance check. If you were 50 over your limit cut those 50 leaving rootballs and a little stock they weren't counted when they came back.

Also maybe we are lucky up here but if they show up and you are over your county limit they give you a time period to get into compliance ( legal plant limit). If they come back and you are not in compliance they start charging you a fine everyday and to come check your spot and blahhh blahh and after 30 days you are 10k in debt to the county. You have the option to appeal it in court but you have to put down a non refundable deposit of almost 5k i believe before they will begin to start the process and then you can subpena your doctor who gave you the 99 plant script and tell the county to gulp you cock :)

Cartel530

Veteran
Also they dont count the whole plants hanging in the garage drying either LOL!

FYI... They are knocking because they DONT have a warrant. Don't Talk to them and if you are there when it happens dont open the door and politely tell them to quit harassing you.. that you dont speak to police officers and to please leave the area before you have your lawyer contact their supervisors with a complaint.

Cartel530

Veteran
It's very possible that they don't need a warrant, if the landlord lets them in, and if your boy in fact broke his lease. I would operate under the assumption that they do not need your boy's permission to enter the premises. I don't know what to tell you about the rootballs though.

In California the landlord cannot enter the premises without a 24 hour written notice.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
cartel...thanks big homie I appreciate it ...

So they came and left....no paperwork posted on the door and they didn't get inside...fuck dude... I wish he didn't toss the plants out now....

Cartel...they came into the room because a float valve failed and caused enough water to make mess in the neighbors unit next door..

So he tried calling my bro with no luck and decided to get a locksmith and come into the shop....they drilled threw 2 locks 2 different doors...is it legal on them to come in for the water issue?

if I got there tonight and help him throw away all the pots and remaining root balls.... do I need to freak out about getting all the equipment out?

Much love to all of you for your help.... I cant describe how I feel right now...but all of you are awesome

Cartel530

Veteran
Im pretty sure they cant do that. They could have shut the water off from the main that is outside. When our landlord who even knew the deal wanted to do anything he still showed up and handed a notice to us just in case we ever had things go bad we couldnt get him in trouble for entering without permission. Sounds like you might be able to have something against the landlord. I would bring it up to the lawyer when you speak to him homie and let him know about it since you guys are already plannin on it.

Cartel530

Veteran
They cant seize the equipment if it wasnt used in a crime :).

"I used 5 lights a plant and get nugs the size of a small human".

But if its not too hard to remove the stuff i would probably do it. Otherwise they just stomp out all your blubs jump on reflectors and cut ever damn cord they can get their clippers on haha.

mowood3479

Veteran
Fuckin california... Wierd ass gray area everyone is working in... Kinda cool n it kinda sucks. Good luck ss.. If it were my gear id get it out tonight 230-430 am..
But im not used to cali med rules.. Where im at theyd have kicked that door off its hinges as soon as the landlord notified them of a grow..
I agree with krunch.. Cops arent likely
To be sitting on the place overnight.

Gelado`

Veteran
Sounds like you're good then--they don't have any plants, just rootballs and pictures. That's not going to be enough for any kind of case. Might as well let your landlord in, and pay the bills and for the damage and get outta there.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
So my buddies girl contacted the property management company aka Landlord.... she said that the Narcotic Detectives are coming out tommarow..

If we toss all the pots and dirt...just leave the equipment are we still breaking the law? I mean do I have take all the equipment out tonight or once the pots/rootballs/dirt is all gone Im okay to recover the equipment later?

Gelado`

Veteran
Fill the warehouse with coffee and donuts and remove all equipment. I don't think they'd let you know if they had a warrant. If you let them in wilfully then it's over, but you definitely can't grow there again.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
So my buddies girl contacted the property management company aka Landlord.... she said that the Narcotic Detectives are coming out tommarow..

If we toss all the pots and dirt...just leave the equipment are we still breaking the law? I mean do I have take all the equipment out tonight or once the pots/rootballs/dirt is all gone Im okay to recover the equipment later?

I would already have 1-2 Uhauls rented by now....

Go there late tonight, grab ALL pots AND the equipment...

Narcotic Detectives will FUCK your boy, with no lube, with no condom, with a horse dick...