What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto Malawi x Northern Lights Feminized

Slim Pickens

Veteran
Welcome Popey,

That's a good question. The sativa genetics will obviously be mixed/diluted with the autoflowering strain used in the first outcross, but with proper selections in the F2 and F3 generations (and further) towards the sativa expressions and traits you want to breed for then you can end up with a 100% autoflowering strain with plenty of sativa traits, like it's the case of our Auto Malawi x NL, the newer F4 generation has even higher frequency of sativa phenos and traits, so at the end it's just a matter of selecting towards your goals, in thihttps://www.icmag.com/ic/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=8449122s case to produce a 100 % autoflowering strain with the stronger sativa influence as possible.

Hope it helps with your doubts. Btw, we are starting to test the new Auto Zamaldelica indoors and results seem to be promising so far in early flowering, lots of vigor during growth and strong sativa traits .... must wait a bit more to know how much desirable Zamaldelica's influence the Auto Zamaldelica F3 carries.

It's great that there is being attention turned to the need for autoflowering Sativas.I'll be watching for those Auto Zamaldelica trials to be posted up for all of us to drool over.

Ok.When will you start the Autoflowering Congo Dubi? :biggrin:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Slim Pickens, I just asked the same question a few days ago. I'm getting so excited that Ace is in the Auto development of genetics. Zamaldelica and Panama are being worked on. Congo, Thai Chi, Golden Tiger well the list goes on. I already piss my wife off with seed buying. Oh but honey, I don't have these ones yet. I need to come up with a new line to tell her. She already wants me to seek treatment for my addiction to cool mail as I call it.
Happy New Year's to all of you. Happy growing!!! Peace

YukonKronic

Agree 100% with excitement over auto sativas! Honestly I mostly just want to point out farmerlions wicked awesome new avatar tho! Lol... nice one farmer!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
YukonKronic, it's a 12"w x 18"h holographic picture my son got me for Christmas. I had to take about 20 pictures of it to get one to come out. It's a lot better than the cat with sunglasses.
I'm glad you like it. I think I will keep this one for a while.
Happy New Year's brother.
Peace

48N

I Wish for a ultra-long flowering super tropical auto
Like ko Chang thai, flowering all the time from may to November, from last frost to first frost
I’d be interested in how big they could get flowering so long

Bleiweis

Veteran
Did anyone try to LST these autos? Does anyone have experience with LST and autos in general? Dubi what is your take on this? Yes or no? Will it increase yield or not really?

G

Did anyone try to LST these autos? Does anyone have experience with LST and autos in general? Dubi what is your take on this? Yes or no? Will it increase yield or not really?

Hi Bleiweis!Check from page 12 and on some LST I did with some auto malawis.It will definitely help with mold issues,smaller buds = better aeration.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
It's great that there is being attention turned to the need for autoflowering Sativas.I'll be watching for those Auto Zamaldelica trials to be posted up for all of us to drool over.

Ok.When will you start the Autoflowering Congo Dubi? :biggrin:

Thanks for your interest Slim Pickens,

We are certainly working in our autoflowering breeding towards sativa expressions and towards the most desirable traits of our sativa strains. After finish with Auto Zamaldelica, we will continue with the Auto Panama breeding which is already in F2 stage.

Kindest

Ace Auto Malawi x NL at 60 days

Ace Auto Malawi x NL at 60 days

I've been running a few of these Ace Auto Malawi x NL. I grow mostly autos for convenience, but I've also grown out a number of Ace's regular Orient Express and Bangi Haze. Everything is in 20 liter pots, grown in amended FFHF, and watered with blumats. One 600w HPS per flowering plant.

I'm counting Christmas as day one (above ground, stable) for this run, making these pictures day 60. I started with four stable plants and culled what I now believe was the extreme sativa leaning pheno. It was flowering slower than the others but had bolted to over 4' early on, outgrowing current space. Plant limits, man.

Number 1 in the tent has more foxtailed buds and is taking a bit longer than number two. Both are taller stretchy phenos but Number 2 (out of tent) has much firmer, larger colas and is closer to finishing. Number 1 is not topped. Number 2 was topped on day 25 above the fourth node. That's the large size bottle of FF for reference.

Number 1:

Number 2:

The third plant (not shown) is a completely different, squatty pheno with indica-type fat leaves. All three plants started yellowing agressively around day 40-45, and I know I underfed a bit as I tend to do. The squatty pheno is the yellowest and not producing as much bud. I'm testing a few techniques/spaces, so I'm okay with the outcome. It's still beautiful and frosty.

I'll do my best to update with some final pics of these really nice Ace autos at/after harvest. I plan to give these another 10-14 days unless they do something strange at the end.

Last edited:
Thanks for your interest Slim Pickens,

We are certainly working in our autoflowering breeding towards sativa expressions and towards the most desirable traits of our sativa strains. After finish with Auto Zamaldelica, we will continue with the Auto Panama breeding which is already in F2 stage.

looking forward to seeing these, we may try some in our greenhouse

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Kindest, very nice looking plants you have going.
Peace brother.

BarefootSomm

Three out of the four seeds germinated. Followed the germination instructions but the 4th seed had a small hole in the stem end.
I have two of the phenos. One Indica and two Sativa.
Seeds are vigorous and germinated within two days. Plants are also vigorous. The diminished size of my plants and the massive foxtailing I'm blaming on an uncontrolled environment for the first two thirds of their life.
Have harvested the first Indica and will be harvesting the remaining two in a week or so.
I would buy again but am more inclined to try the feminized Malawi first.

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
I got 1 Auto Mawali about 5 weeks from sprout, just starting to get interesting and forming nice flowers! I got another one a week or so above ground. Gonna pop another one in another few weeks and repeat again after :)

Peace!

Theorganicguy

Here's an auto zamaldelica ready and steady :)
Dubi, I hope you don't mind me posting it here, since there's no designated thread yet

Anyone else looking for a summer harvest :biggrin:?

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4936.jpg
    IMG_4936.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 16

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
My Auto Malawi seems ready, gonna get the chop tomorrow, just need to snap some pics! Just under 3 months from sprout! Smells like white paint very nice and sticky and frosty! :rasta:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Kindest :) (btw, nice nickname!)

Thanks for your feedback. Looks like you got one plant of each main pheno of our Auto Malawi x NL. Your number #1 is the more african sativa pheno (pheno #3 in our description of the strain), your number #2 is also the second pheno we describe: the high yielding sativa/indica, probably the most interesting pheno in terms of yield, potency and quality terpenes, and the third plant you describe is the compact small NL indica pheno.

Glad to hear you have had the chance to experience a bit of the genetic diversity that this strain has to offer.
Please, let us know your opinion about our first autoflowering release whenever you have the chance. :wave:

I've been running a few of these Ace Auto Malawi x NL. I grow mostly autos for convenience, but I've also grown out a number of Ace's regular Orient Express and Bangi Haze. Everything is in 20 liter pots, grown in amended FFHF, and watered with blumats. One 600w HPS per flowering plant.

I'm counting Christmas as day one (above ground, stable) for this run, making these pictures day 60. I started with four stable plants and culled what I now believe was the extreme sativa leaning pheno. It was flowering slower than the others but had bolted to over 4' early on, outgrowing current space. Plant limits, man.

Number 1 in the tent has more foxtailed buds and is taking a bit longer than number two. Both are taller stretchy phenos but Number 2 (out of tent) has much firmer, larger colas and is closer to finishing. Number 1 is not topped. Number 2 was topped on day 25 above the fourth node. That's the large size bottle of FF for reference.

Number 1:
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79493&pictureid=1924902&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79493&pictureid=1924903&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Number 2:
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79493&pictureid=1924904&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79493&pictureid=1924905&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79493&pictureid=1924906&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

The third plant (not shown) is a completely different, squatty pheno with indica-type fat leaves. All three plants started yellowing agressively around day 40-45, and I know I underfed a bit as I tend to do. The squatty pheno is the yellowest and not producing as much bud. I'm testing a few techniques/spaces, so I'm okay with the outcome. It's still beautiful and frosty.

I'll do my best to update with some final pics of these really nice Ace autos at/after harvest. I plan to give these another 10-14 days unless they do something strange at the end.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome BarefootSomm :)

Thank you very much for registering here on ICMag to share your experience with our Auto Malawi x NL, much appreciated.
Hope you have enjoyed with the experience of growing this strain and now with the flowers of your labor.

If you are seeking for the most extreme potency of our Malawi then we would indeed recommend you to try our non autoflowering Malawi regular or feminized releases, or our strongest Malawi hybrids like Golden Tiger, Zamaldelica, Malawi x Panama, Panama x Malawi and Killer A5 Haze.

Three out of the four seeds germinated. Followed the germination instructions but the 4th seed had a small hole in the stem end.
I have two of the phenos. One Indica and two Sativa.
Seeds are vigorous and germinated within two days. Plants are also vigorous. The diminished size of my plants and the massive foxtailing I'm blaming on an uncontrolled environment for the first two thirds of their life.
Have harvested the first Indica and will be harvesting the remaining two in a week or so.
I would buy again but am more inclined to try the feminized Malawi first.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Theorganicguy :)

Thank you very much for trying our new Auto Zamaldelica before its official release. She will be ready most probably on late July.
Please keep us updated!

Here's an auto zamaldelica ready and steady
Dubi, I hope you don't mind me posting it here, since there's no designated thread yet

Anyone else looking for a summer harvest ?

View Image

Excellent Bleiweis ;)

I think autoflowering genetics are very suitable for your climate, if planted now they will be ready in mid summer .... before the weather could get worst in late summer/early autumn.

I'm running a couple of these also! I think we need a "demo/prototype" thread :p

Congrats Buddah Watcha on your Auto Malawi x NL harvest. :dance013: Glad the experience has been positive, pics are always welcome!

My Auto Malawi seems ready, gonna get the chop tomorrow, just need to snap some pics! Just under 3 months from sprout! Smells like white paint very nice and sticky and frosty!

Happy Labor Day everyone! :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts