What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto Malawi x Northern Lights Feminized

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Here are some shots of the Auto Malawi that went down at just under 3 months... Not the fattest nugs, but quite frosty!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And here is the another one just starting to bulk up!

picture.php

Today I will pop my remaining 3 seeds and in a few weeks they will go outside!

:rasta:

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Heres my impressions on the Auto Malawi!

Smells in the jar are very loud, a mixture between armpit, white paint and solvent (sometimes I get some iso alcohol smells in the back)... The taste translates a bit more on the paint/solvent side with quite a bit woody in it, almost to a fruity degree but not quite... very nice and tasty... effects are quite nice for an auto! Motivating, cerebral and quite strong, but allows u to focus if needed! Legs felt a bit wobbly after a nice sized joint! Looking forward to smoking another joint of it.

The other plant that I showed its doing its thang, another 2-3 weeks probably coming down...

I sprouted the last 3 Auto Malawi seeds I have here, got 2 out of the ground, and not so good luck with the last one, popped out but without any cotyledons or anything... no progress in a week, gonna cull it :( Anyways, the other 2 should be going outdoors in a week or so.... They are doing nicely indoors so far!

Peace!

jay sus

I'm really exited of hearing you are working zamaldelica and especially panama autos. 7 of these going to face 60 N so called summer. Think i'll put some updates along the way. But hell yeah panama auto my favorite in af❤

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Buddah Watcha,

Your pheno is the lower yielder very resinous Malawi pheno, coming from self pollinated (S1) F2 resinous sativa selected parental plant we reversed to produce Auto Malawi x NL F3 generation. The seeds coming from this parental plant are not so high yielding compared with the non S1 sister lines due to the highly inbred step (S1) we used to produce this batch of seeds.

This pheno has the paint/solvent woody and resinous aromas you describe, with creamy and fruity touches. The high of Auto Malawi x NL is quite consistent, pleasant, happy and well balanced body/mind.

Glad you are already enjoying her :)
Best wishes with the remaining Auto Malawi x NL seeds this season.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thank you jay sus for your encouragement.

We are just to about to start this week with the Auto Panama F2 breeding.
We will need to select only through the 25 % of the plants coming from this F2 to find the fully autoflowering F2 plants, then select for the most sativa traits and most representative Panama traits to then produce the fully autoflowering F3 Panama generation.

Hope we will succeed, we will keep you updated with our progresses.
We are already doing final tests with the new Auto Zamaldelica F3, which will be officially released next year for our 15th anniversary.

jay sus

I'll give it a go, up here it will be bit of a gamble, but if flowering is not much longer than 100 days it should be viable. I hope

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi jay sus,

The Auto Zamaldelicas we are testing don't need more than 10 weeks of flowering to finish so it will be perfectly feasible if you coordinate the flowering stage of your autos with the best weather in your area (typically between late June and late August in non tropical latitudes in northern hemisphere).

jay sus

What I understand the intensity of sunlight is sufficient -+2 months from summer solstice so anything finishing in september is likely to be low thc possibly higher cbd and buds don't fill up properly.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
That is: germinate your autos 4 weeks before the best weather comes to your area to make sure your autos will start to flower with the strongest possible light intensity and warmest temperatures.
Then you will get the best results growing autos in your climate.

The chemotype of a cannabis plant is genetically determined and therefore if you are growing a plant with a rich THC/low CBD chemotype you are not getting much more relevant CBD content by over ripening your plants or by doing any other change in the environment, you may harvest with more CBN, what that's another thing.

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Hi Buddah Watcha,

Your pheno is the lower yielder very resinous Malawi pheno, coming from self pollinated (S1) F2 resinous sativa selected parental plant we reversed to produce Auto Malawi x NL F3 generation. The seeds coming from this parental plant are not so high yielding compared with the non S1 sister lines due to the highly inbred step (S1) we used to produce this batch of seeds.

This pheno has the paint/solvent woody and resinous aromas you describe, with creamy and fruity touches. The high of Auto Malawi x NL is quite consistent, pleasant, happy and well balanced body/mind.

Glad you are already enjoying her :)
Best wishes with the remaining Auto Malawi x NL seeds this season.

Very interesting Dubi! I have another pheno just about ready too, also low yielding, but similar terp profile, but less solvent smell.. I also got the other 2 outside around a month deep, starting to developing flowers, they been outside for 10 days or so, doesnt seem like they will stretch much, prolly similar yield as the other ones, hopefully they keep stretching for a while! the last one didnt pop unfortunatelly :(...

I love the smoke of the pheno I grew first, very nice taste, I really enjoy taking a bong rip and going for a run on it! Motivating to say the least! :rasta:

Bleiweis

Veteran
I have to say that the new F4 line is very stable. Currently got four specimens running and they're all producing similar growth patterns. No squat phenos this time! They just began to flower so i'll post pictures when there will be something to look at :) one specimen is looking particularly good! Big, bushy with a nice smell! :) Let's hope the weather will be on our side :)

jay sus

These are very uniform in their growth, I have 7 and not much variation in looks , but there seems to be three or four terpene profile. strawberryish, pineapple, and couple I can't get my nose around yet. stinky bunch one and all

Ksaderfo

I have to say that the new F4 line is very stable. Currently got four specimens running and they're all producing similar growth patterns. No squat phenos this time! They just began to flower so i'll post pictures when there will be something to look at :) one specimen is looking particularly good! Big, bushy with a nice smell! Let's hope the weather will be on our side

Here's 2 F4's of the Auto Malawi.. the smaller one is a little younger..

Looks like a dream... :biggrin: The branches, the spacing, everything..

They do look a bit different, maybe they will look more similar later on... The bigger one has broader leaves further down too I think...

So I started giving it some bloom nutes in combination with the N... I think I should carry on giving it N since I suspect that there will be some stretch now... Right? :biggrin:

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20190617_062119.jpg
    IMG_20190617_062119.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20190617_062127.jpg
    IMG_20190617_062127.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 34

Ksaderfo

That first plant is beautiful Ksaderfo. I have two that look similar to your smaller plant.

I'll post some more pictures of both later on... Sorry for the Unreal Blue Hue, my tablet camera crappy and I took the picture at 5am.. :biggrin:

The bigger one just started stretching I think, It gained quite some height in the last week.. the other one just grew some pistils.. They might turn up the same..

Ksaderfo

Ok they are different.. :biggrin:

F4 Malawi Eins:

Very airy... Nice fat buds all over.. The first few buds near the main stem are .. double.. :biggrin:

attachment.php

f4 Malawi Zwei:

This one looks like it's gonna become quite bushy...

attachment.php

I am still giving bloom nutes to Eins... Will start flushing soon I think...

:thank you:

Attachments

• IMG_20190701_101242.jpg
    IMG_20190701_101242.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20190701_101256.jpg
    IMG_20190701_101256.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 32

Koondense

Veteran
Looking really good!

I transplanted one Mal x NL this weekend in a 18l fabric pot, expecting good things from my lady.

Cheers

Ksaderfo

Looks like I am the first to cut one down?? :)

Ok, I flushed number 1 for 2 waterings now... It's gone yellow all the way to the top, but because it so nice and since I used synthetics for this row (lol I got them for free) I dont wanna risk it with the flushing...

The water is coming clear this time, but then again the PK fertilizer was also clear so...

Number two just keeps getting bushier... I have problems though keeping these thick leaves from shading the bud sites... It's all white hair and growth as far as I can see so it still gets some N...

The smell is kinda different.. with the bushier one reminding me the smell of the F3 malawi from last year, the taller one has some kind of fruit thing going on... Peach? Dunno..

Cheers Fellas! :)

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20190708_071702.jpg
    IMG_20190708_071702.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20190708_071711.jpg
    IMG_20190708_071711.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 37

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi,

The F4 Auto Malawi x NL generation has indeed higher frequency of bigger sativa phenos, although desirable shorter flowering, medium sized phenos of very fatty and thick flowers still can easily be found .... less % of dwarf classic autos phenos can be found compared with previous F3 generation.

All the Auto Malawi x NL F3 stock has been sold out so in the future only the F4 generation will be available for sale.

Koondense, squatty, jay sus, Bleiweis, .... looking forward to see yours :thank you:

I have to say that the new F4 line is very stable. Currently got four specimens running and they're all producing similar growth patterns. No squat phenos this time! They just began to flower so i'll post pictures when there will be something to look at :) one specimen is looking particularly good! Big, bushy with a nice smell! :) Let's hope the weather will be on our side :)