What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2017

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Wtf does MIN have against Eagles fans?I'm tired of this shit.but ya know I expect nothing less from the liars and cheaters of a country to support other liars and cheaters.this is not directed toward you Stoner.just the rest of the nut hugging patriots fans.

The eagles just whomped on the vikings in the nfc championship, denying minnesota an opportunity to be the first team playing in a superbowl in their home stadium.

I think the patriots look for any edge they can to win games, which is understandable in a sports league with a hard salary cap (cant simply outspend your opponents and grab all the best players) and single elimination playoffs (one bad game means the better team loses). If that leads to some questionable things that get made out to be bigger than they really are by the media and fans of other teams, well, that's the price of success i guess. The salty tears of the fans of other teams just adds more flavor to every patriots championship...

As far as the actual game, the reason i think the eagles will win is because of the strength and depth of their defensive line. True, the patriots will probably go quick tempo on offense, in order to minimize philly's opportunity to substitute players on defense, but even then philly will be able to rotate D-linemen in between patriots possessions. I think by the 4th qtr, you'll really begin to see it make a difference, the eagle's pass rush will still be relatively fresh enough to make things difficult for brady.
On offense, i dont think foles will have a 3 td game like he had against the vikings, but i expect he'll be able to make good use of run-pass options like he did against minny. His weapons on offense are almost the equal of brady's, so all he has to do is get the ball to his playmakers and let them do their thing.
Coaching wise, it's hard to go against belichick, who might be the greatest football coach of all time, but doug pederson is an excellent playcaller and spent 13 years in the nfl as a QB. Their defensive playcaller, jim schwartz, is a former head coach and has done a great job as well, he was actually considered for the giants job until they hired shurmur. So i dont think the coaching between the two teams is a big mismatch.
Honestly, these are the two best teams in the league, and it might come down to turnover margin. I think the patriots had a little bit of luck winning their last 2 superbowls: the goal line int against the hawks, the 25pt comeback against the falcons. I say their luck runs out against the eagles, they lose the turnover battle 2-1, and the eagles pull out a narrow victory.

Absolem

My prediction.

The Patriots will put up 30 points or more. That's a little over one TD pass for Brady each quarter. I see the Patriots taking 5+ minutes off the clock each time the offense is on the field by dinking and dunking. Brady seems to take on an unlikely player from the offense and make them a star for the day when playing in the SB.

The only question is will the Eagles be able to out score Tom Brady/Patriots?

Space Toker

Veteran
If I said anything inappropriate or overly cocky in any way, 99% sure not but don't know, or anything offending, I apologize. I hope those that did the same will also, did not check the posts since my last one but hope we all are good like the seemingly welcoming people of Minnesota, got to think that is real but I am here not there so forced to believe what I hear. Hey both teams and others have done great, but only 1 of 32 will win. Obviously I hope for my team others do otherwise, if it's a opposing fain that is fine and natural but the others, well they are always "the others" like they teased and tormented about on "lost", never understood that ending but whatever, I like both teams chances but ours better! This is the last time I will check in until the outcome, GO PATRIOTS!

Duluth

Vikings fans are pretty soft lol, Minnesota in general is pretty stuck up, people hear words that hurt them they’ll make a big deal out of it. Philly gives no fucks and I can dig it. I’m a colts fan so it’s gonna be a big fuck the patriots from me, but I don’t think Philly is ready. Is Carson Wentz ready for that kind of performance, two years removed from D2 college football? I gotta give it to coach pederson he’s fucking killing it with that team, I just don’t think they can do it with everything on the line against a team like the patriots. But time has a way of changing things, and Brady has his off years, I’ll root for Philly. Pray for the best, expect the worst - yknow? Pats defense has been less than optimal this season and philly has been so explosive everywhere. Phillys defense has also put up alot of turnovers. But mark my words, wentz has reached a stage no other player close this age has - a Super Bowl two years into his career while Mariota, Bortles, Winston, and my beloved Andrew Luck sit their asses at home - if this year ain’t in Wentz hands, the next 10 might be.

shithawk420

Veteran
If I'm not mistaken MIN fans fucked up this other fan and put him in ER.either way I'm sorry if I was offensive.I'm done with football after this.Patriots are gonna win and I hope I'm wrong.fuck football

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
It´s boring with the Patriots, again and again in the Superbowl. In Germany we´ve got the same problem FC Bayern Muenchen is dominating the Soccer Bundesliga since years.

For me the last Season was over, as Aaron Rogers gets his broken shoulder.

No question, GO EAGLES! :)

Oh oh Hawk, do you was a naughty boy? :biggrin:

Space Toker

Veteran
On one hand, Eagles looked way better than they should have and our defense sucked, on the other hand I get to whine like the haters did in previous games that the refs were biased, they made 2 or3 really ridiculous calls against us that should not have happened. You kidding me? The ball hits the ground, then the guy steps out of bounds before getting control and that's a confirmed TD? I heard the Eagles fans have been scums in the past basicaly setting fire to the city when they didn't win, and those kind of thug scums are rewarded here?! Something is wrong with this universe! That yellow beaver tooth or rat tooth bastard is not that good, they were good but not that good but it's more that our Defense was awful most of the time than they were that good. Call me a sore loser maybe a little but they did not deserve to win that either. Our coaches and players may not be around much longer, Brady played his heart out and deserved better than that! May someone make the NYG and eagles pay hard for their evil scummery! Laugh and enjoy if a hater but haters will always or should always pay a very heavy price health wise or otherwise for blind hate! Go 2018 Patriots!!

Space Toker

Veteran
Eagles were a good team and I was worried, but I am not going to say it was them it was us. Offense was great late, defense how could it be that dreadful?! Make no mistake, we lost, they did not win no matter the score, we did not get it done especially on defense. Go 2018 to 19 Patriots!

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Ha take that Tom Brady. Great game!

Very enjoyable watching New England lose. Great success!

I bet Philadelphia's going ape shit tonight!

Space Toker

Veteran
I had a bad attitude, sure I will be sorry later but for now I need to lash out. not how I want to be, but despite early penalties in our favor (face it your panties would have in a bunch over that had we won), way too many bad calls happened thereafer. Yeah it should not have mattered, we should have scored so much it would not have mattered, bad calls we overcame them before so Pats offense was great but should have been greater, defense sucked most of the time and should have been at least twice better still bad but enough to get the job done. I have more to say or correct or whatever next day, for now too pissed off. The guy that dirty injured Cooks should have been ejected, penalized, fined and impaled for that! :D only somewhat kidding! Karma will come back hard me so thinks!

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

wtg Eagles, that being said it was an evenly matched game, mistakes were made by both sides that were uncharacteristic of SB teams; but it looked to be mostly offsetting in play.

My little doxi Suzi had a ball playing with her big pal Mickey and running around getting a few treats here n' there, hot dogs & taco's. she's in her chair now, under her covers and woofin' in her dreams, that was the best part of the game for me, I've never seen her more active & exploring Neill's crib.......

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great game, glad I watched it. Not one dull quarter. 88 years for the Eagles to win a Superbowl. Patriots have had enough Superbowl wins for a while.

Foles was a bit better passing than Brady in my view anyways. Fair amount of missed tackles and missed pass coverage going on. I saw a bunch of guys catching the ball with no one near them, even Foles. hehe

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I disagree, calls had anything to do with the game. For once the zebras let the teams play. Fair on both sides. Glad they are fixing the catch rule. I would like to see one foot inbounds catch's like college. One finger one toe all you need. Really would boost the action.

If you Patriots fan want excuses look to your kicker.

MrBungle

Bring the Catch back!!! Some of the most acrobatic catches I've ever seen, got called back over the last few years... It should be a crime against humanity! lol

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i didn't have a dog in this fight, but like millions of football fans across the country i really enjoy listening to Patriots fans whining about the officials when all of the calls do not go their way.:woohoo: suck it up, snowflakes, and get used to reality. can't stand your pencil-necked geek quarterback, either. Brady looks like the girl that starred in "deep throat". sucks just like her, too...:biggrin:most fun i have EVER had watching a Super Bowl!:tiphat:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
It´s boring with the Patriots, again and again in the Superbowl. In Germany we´ve got the same problem FC Bayern Muenchen is dominating the Soccer Bundesliga since years.

I dont follow soccer at all, but even ive heard of Bayern Munich. Apparently, they win the championship in the german league about half the time, in an 18 team league. That's...pretty good.

I think someone posted that the eagles would score 52 pts; i thought that was pretty ridiculous, but they came close in scoring 41.
Apparently, the combined yardage for the game (1,151) is a league record, regular season included. Maybe that was because little yardage was lost on sacks (only 1 sack of brady late in the game) but i thought that was an amazing stat.

The patriots D did not have a good game, but for some reason belichick benched malcolm butler the whole game (he played one snap on special teams). Butler played 98% of defensive snaps during the regular season, and to shut him out in the superbowl, i thought there had to be more than football reasons for that (maybe curfew violation or other team rule violation).
If he had played, the patriots dont have to play their 3rd and 4th string corners as much, maybe the patriots allow 1 or 2 less completions, or first downs, enough to make a difference.

3 years ago, foles and some draft picks were traded to the rams for sam bradford. 2 years ago, he lost his starting job to case keenum and then requested his release after the rams drafted jared goff. He was contemplating retiring after that, but hooked up with andy reid in kansas city for a year before signing with the eagles before this season. And now he's super bowl mvp, and might win a starting job (and fat contract) if the eagles trade him this offseason, or next year when his contract runs out and he's free to sign anywhere. Makes you wonder if a team like the cardinals, broncos, jets or bills should pursue him.

It's never easy to see your team lose a championship, Spacetoker, but brady just won the mvp (4500yds, 32 TDs, 8 INTs) at age 40. I dont know if he could play till 45, but i think he could play till 43 at a high level. Testaverde played till 44, and Flutie played till 43, they werent full time starters at that point but they took snaps during the season.
NE has made 7 consecutive conference championship games, you have to figure brady has 1-2 more tries for a 6th ring. Belichick losing both his off and def coordinators this season means you'll have new playcallers next year, but as long as he can upgrade his defense, especially his front 7, the patriots should keep on rolling.

And it looks like the eagles might be right there with them, all their best players are coming back, they get wentz back, it could be a rematch in next year's superbowl. If it's as entertaining a game, i wouldnt mind...

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I laughed so hard I cried, one of my all time favorite movies.......

BErFkag.jpg

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wtf does MIN have against Eagles fans?I'm tired of this shit.but ya know I expect nothing less from the liars and cheaters of a country to support other liars and cheaters.this is not directed toward you Stoner.just the rest of the nut hugging patriots fans.

bro, didn't you hear how viciously the Vikings fans were treated @ the hands of the Eagles fans in Philly?

no respect for the city of shruggenly love from me :dunno:

but at least they beat the pats.......

Latest posts

Latest posts