What's new

MOST WANTED SEEDS

mtntrogger

Veteran
A fun idea for a thread that Ive wanted to run for a while. Most of us on here are often on the hunt for more genetics. Sometimes it takes years to find someone selling something that you really want to work with. I have a fairly short list of beans im looking to buy, although I do add to it regularly! I believe this thread could be useful in a few ways. Cool to see what everybody else is on the hunt for.

waveguide

Veteran
recently hit "the other pole" and decided i was content with what i have, which is why answering this is so fun..

what i used to want..

maybe the #1 on this list.. vietnam black... because as a spiritual person living in the u.s., i wanted to grow and proliferate the weed viet vets connected with. talk about the one strain that nobody shares. had a hybrid, attained a thorough disinterest in vb by now.

sativas.. i got real lucky, my first purchased seeds were right on the nail, two exceptional sats (durban and haze) and i've been trying to match them since.. again "as a spiritual person" i would like to sample landrace sats from around the world because i do experience a consciousness, and it's nice to not have some greedy materialistic westerners fucking that all up and putting greed and desire in there.

indicas.. another of my early grows was a kickass bubblegum, indicas were never my investment focus, so i kept finding myself wishing i had one solid knockout indica (my current bubblegum i haven't gotten to quite the same "day slayer" stone). but i figure, what i have gets me stoned, if i'd just grow it and work what i have instead of messing with something new, trying to get a danker indica is pretty much just dick measuring.

about my last strain/breeder specific ambition was sensi star menthol pheno, i had somethnig like that that really helped my lungs, very good respiratory medicine, but a single seed is priced more than a ten pack of seedsman haze which can go fuck itself.

as for the rest of them.. interesting flavours and so forth.. one of my last purchases was fugu kush, which several people mentioned as the best tasting strain they'd smoked. nice, healthy genetics, good smoke, the taste is kinda interesting, but in reflection i have a half dozen of my own crosses that are equally as "mouthsome" by now.. stuff i never expected to happen, eg. i have a c99 x wubble cross that is "orange and dank", so with all these possibilities of my own waiting to be discovered, investing would only inhibit my own progress. i'm just finishing some individuals from an ace mix pack, which is a smorgasbord of possibilities across the map. uzbek x bubblegum ought to be indica enough.

another thing i've found is that some of my favourites aren't things i'd look for, like power flower. i noticed this a while back and started bagging for diversity instead of renown. a lot of the hype strains didn't seem any more special than stuff no one talks about.

B

BAKED_BEANZ

i have all i need thanks to great friends. even when you achive the holy grail of beans for your collection , some bugger mentions something else that seems just out of reach and your on the hunt again. lol

but for now i am content .thanks friends.

and great thread :) for the bean junkies

A

acridlab

Someone really needs to break out the real choc. Thai if its still out there and get to work...

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good idea mtntrogger.

Anything from TopDawg.

Watching... Waiting... Hoping for an opportunity to catch a festive event for some Topdawg as well.

I think Choc Thai is still around.
Somebody made CT x Vitality a few seasons ago.

I wood

Nothing specific on my want list anymore.
60-70 varieties waiting to sprout now, about half from bodhi, I'm set for life genetically.

I'm still a big whore for any pure landrace or interesting landrace based cross.
Working with the Colombian black, Malawi gold, Lao highland, and ghandruk giant currently.
These are very humbling to grow but worth it.
Chocolate trip is getting whacked tonight, hoping for some of that legendary chocolate Thai experience myself.

oti$

I'd love a crack at some top dog as well. I've been pin the look out for archives pie face too. Gas mask I think by pnw roots and also another cherry pie x by them. I just got into bodhi, in fact I've got some in route as I type. there are so many from him that I won't even get into that list. I think the next purchase is going to be csi Humboldt's old family purple and cornbread bubba. I'm kind of obsessed with seed I browse the seed sites regularly planning and plotting waiting to pounce on one of those that are rarely in stock. I also want another pack of Tony's gorilla bx2's since I killed half of the pack I just bought:hotbounce

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'd like some Chem DD.

Seedbay was giving out old Rez stock as freebies not to long ago.
I rec'vd a ChemDog Sour diesel, which is the same cross. Rez made a cpl versions of Chem D x Sour D & Sour D x Chem D using different dads along the way. I grew the Sour D x Chem from the Trinity auctions, and also the ChemDD and both were stellar, and very similar. I need to dig up that freebie and see what it was labelled.

Good luck on your search.

:tiphat:

Joint Lock

A fun idea for a thread that Ive wanted to run for a while. Most of us on here are often on the hunt for more genetics. Sometimes it takes years to find someone selling something that you really want to work with. I have a fairly short list of beans im looking to buy, although I do add to it regularly! I believe this thread could be useful in a few ways. Cool to see what everybody else is on the hunt for.

Chem (any)
SweetTooth#3 or #4 SOL Seed bank
OG cut
Indiana bubblegum

TedNugget

I'm waiting on Mr. Soul to drop new Brother's Grimm gear. I want my original C99 back! And Apollo 11, DTC 99 etc etc.

Top Dawg would be sweet too. But I'm trying to get away from any/all chem crosses at the moment. However, if I seen Top Dawg seeds for sale, I'd jump in them in a heart beat.

Other than that, I'm just trying to find some good genetics like I had back in the day. The new seeds I've been ordering are extremely potent and all that, but I haven't found what I'm looking for yet...

B

BAKED_BEANZ

would like to try some of elites strains , and its only because there nearly unattainable .

MadMac

far beyond driven...
high @ all,
after 20 years dutch hybrids...
i#m looking now for landrace sativa's...
after all the years of search i finally found Malawi and it's crosses like Golden Tiger and Zamaldelica.... wonderful genetics... same now with indica... prefer also landraces... but after finding Malawi i'm sure sativa is the way to go for me...
M.:tiphat: