What's new

5000 plant grow

pothead6

ok first off if u have any objections to this post in other words telling me its inpossible then dont post i mean no dis respect i just dont need bad vibes lol

ok this year i am planing a 5000 plant grow yes i know this is massive but i have the land and resoureses to do this soo ya now the way i figure it is if i get like 6000 or soo seeds then i should be able to get 5000 plants in therory now i look at it this way 5000 / 2. male / female

now in thery that should be 2500 females now i want to clone each plant 5 times thus 12500 now that is really far fetched but hey im gona try now the way im will be growing this is gg so it wont be my land so if the plot gets busted o well. i have not figured out a way to plant them so they wont get spoted but hey i got like 7 months to plan sooo any help would be really nice but please dont post saying o well this is imposible or anythign negaive thanks

o and pass my kittie around >^_^<

C21H30O2

I have ridden the mighty sandworm.
Veteran
can i ask how much you hope to yield because it may be safer and easier to simply grow fewer large plants. a plant grown outdoors full season can easily yield 2+ lbs of bud, that goes for indicas and sativas. if your growing 5000 plants then you must have a massive plot of private land or live in a place where the laws are just, so if this is the case then growing a few larger plants will be soooooooooooo much easier and you will probably produce more bud with better quality. 5000 plants would be a pain in the ass yes you could do it but you would get a lot more for your effort by taking care of less plants.

Pimpslapped

pothead6 said:
ok first off if u have any objections to this post in other words telling me its inpossible then dont post i mean no dis respect i just dont need bad vibes lol

ok this year i am planing a 5000 plant grow yes i know this is massive but i have the land and resoureses to do this soo ya now the way i figure it is if i get like 6000 or soo seeds then i should be able to get 5000 plants in therory now i look at it this way 5000 / 2. male / female

now in thery that should be 2500 females now i want to clone each plant 5 times thus 12500 now that is really far fetched but hey im gona try now the way im will be growing this is gg so it wont be my land so if the plot gets busted o well. i have not figured out a way to plant them so they wont get spoted but hey i got like 7 months to plan sooo any help would be really nice but please dont post saying o well this is imposible or anythign negaive thanks

o and pass my kittie around >^_^<

Have you sat down and figured out how much work is involved in cutting 12500 clones, not to mention getting them to root? Are you planning on rooting the clones outside, or under controlled conditions?

Personally I think it'd be far simpler on that scale to either use Fem seeds or make your own. You'll save yourself the work of growing out and culling all the males, which on the scale you're talking about is not something to be taken lightly.

Grinchy

what he said he beat me to it

use fem seeds you will have a hard time sexing 5000 plants and surely will get pollenated females

and good luck

Last edited:
G

To disguise the plants out in the open just buy a 100K or so of Christmas tree decorations (the round ones) and paint some yellow and some red and hang them in the "trees". Might pass for an apple orchard when viewed from a helicopter.

Man that is one helluva lot of globes to paint.

Elephunk

I wish I still had the link to this story of a guy who was doing around 2000 plant grows out in the Australian bush. It detailed his 4 years doing massive outdoor grows and his hardships.

It's extremely hard to handle that large of a grow by yourself. You would definitely need more hands to help you with the mountain of work that would need to be done. That, or you choose to live on location until you bring in the harvest and you slave away every single day. You're going to have to set up a good irrigation system also to supply all the plants with water. And I hope that's some fertile soil you'll be growing in. Nutrients for a grow this big would get extremely expensive. And not to mention buying the supplies in such huge quantities might draw unwanted attention. And there's also that whole thing of getting all these supplies out to the location.

I have no idea how you would hide a grow this massive. The location better not see a single helicopter or small airplane fly over for the entire grow or you're screwed. Not to mention be anywhere near any trails or roads. A grow this big needs to be far, far away from any road or civilization for that matter. You don't want anyone stumbling upon this. Not to mention how much 2500-15000 plants will smell.

You're going to need to think of pest control too. Rats/mice, insects, birds (going for any seeds in the buds), deer, etc. There are going to be tons of pests you'll have to combat to harvest as much as possible.

Hopefully you choose a good outdoor strain. Something that is as pest resistant as possible and mold resistant too. I would think about building a drying house on site also. That would make things a little bit easier. You'll still have to figure out how you're going to trim all that bud.

In all, an operation of this size is very hard to pull off. You'll definitely need more hands to help you with all the work.

As it was suggested, I would grow fewer plants and just grow them HUGE. Check out Buttes "in the trenches" grow journal. That's what I mean by huge. I think they would be much easier to take care of than the huge numbers of smaller plants you're talking about.

Anyway, there's plenty of stuff I'm sure I missed that would need to be addressed. I don't mean to discourage you in any way. Just trying to help you think about everything you're going to need/ need to do to pull this off.

good luck.

G

go to the thread 'massive outdoor grow' and start reading from page 1. it outlines some of the logistics involved in a grow this size.
Its one thing to be able to have the space to start them, but an entirely different animal to take care of them, successfully harvest most of what you put out, and then move all of it.

plan well, get started early, and realize the risk level

Pimpslapped

Hiding the plants could be relatively easy, depending on how far spread out they are. Though with the top end of numbers being discussed, that would be a pretty damned big area. Don't think field, think scattered around along woodlines and spread out over a fair distance. I don't even feel like trying to do the math on what sort of area you'd have if you kept a min of say 50 yards between plants, with 12500 plants.

Nutrients could actually be manageable depending on strain, IMO.. Simple organics with a good base soil could handle most of it with no maintenance. Mind you, this is dependent on the soil being high enough quality in situ to allow minimal amendment. (not to mention if you have to bring water in. Trucking in water for over 10k plants? Hard to do on the downlow.

Again this is a reason for known fems, as the workload is hefty enough without wasting all the effort on males. Though having a few males to seed a patch or two could help prep for another season of the same.

Also keep in mind that when the grow itself is finsihed, you then have to deal with chopping/trimming/curing/moving the harvest. With 12.5k plants, 1oz per plant (Should be easy with decent outdoor conditions, genes and full season)... that's close to 800lbs.

reaperz

is it safe to be telling prying eyes what you intend to do? 12 and a half thousand plant bust? ambitious indeed. perhaps he's in a place that recieves enough rain not to have to water it. harvesting 12 and a half thousand plants where and how you going to dry it? transportation?

G

f.ucking A man thats a lot of work 50 would be a pain in my ass...but 5000 thats insane man...peace

pothead6

C21H30O2 said:
can i ask how much you hope to yield because it may be safer and easier to simply grow fewer large plants. a plant grown outdoors full season can easily yield 2+ lbs of bud, that goes for indicas and sativas. if your growing 5000 plants then you must have a massive plot of private land or live in a place where the laws are just, so if this is the case then growing a few larger plants will be soooooooooooo much easier and you will probably produce more bud with better quality. 5000 plants would be a pain in the ass yes you could do it but you would get a lot more for your effort by taking care of less plants.

they way i figured it is if i top it i could get a pound max but u really think that i can get 2 per plant ??

pothead6

Grinchy said:
what he said he beat me to it

use fem seeds you will have a hard time sexing 5000 plants and surely will get pollenated females

and good luck

i plan on having a lil plot where i will not kill the males thus i will get seeds for next year

clorox

Smokin on that serious...
wow man i hope for the best, but maybe you should test your plot with a couple hundo, or a thousand plants first... minimalize your losses ya know?

pothead6

Pimpslapped said:
Hiding the plants could be relatively easy, depending on how far spread out they are. Though with the top end of numbers being discussed, that would be a pretty damned big area. Don't think field, think scattered around along woodlines and spread out over a fair distance. I don't even feel like trying to do the math on what sort of area you'd have if you kept a min of say 50 yards between plants, with 12500 plants.

Nutrients could actually be manageable depending on strain, IMO.. Simple organics with a good base soil could handle most of it with no maintenance. Mind you, this is dependent on the soil being high enough quality in situ to allow minimal amendment. (not to mention if you have to bring water in. Trucking in water for over 10k plants? Hard to do on the downlow.

Again this is a reason for known fems, as the workload is hefty enough without wasting all the effort on males. Though having a few males to seed a patch or two could help prep for another season of the same.

Also keep in mind that when the grow itself is finsihed, you then have to deal with chopping/trimming/curing/moving the harvest. With 12.5k plants, 1oz per plant (Should be easy with decent outdoor conditions, genes and full season)... that's close to 800lbs.

yes i have thought about all that i plan oon harvesting at least 500 early and selling them off to buy a house or w,e rent one then i will let the rest go harvest and dry them all in this house or apartment // and yes i realize that the small will be gorgess .... i am doing this thing that i got off of a rollitup faq

pothead6

reaperz said:
is it safe to be telling prying eyes what you intend to do? 12 and a half thousand plant bust? ambitious indeed. perhaps he's in a place that recieves enough rain not to have to water it. harvesting 12 and a half thousand plants where and how you going to dry it? transportation?

like i said in the last quote i will harvest some early and sell it thusly to buy a house or w.e to dry them in this operation will be a 2 man job the space i will have is basiicly 300 or 1000 acres depending on how adventures i am

lemonade

Veteran
So wait...

You want to chop 500 early, dry, trim, pack, offload, and buy a property before the others are done?

Do you expect to get all this done in about 2 weeks? Because anything more than 2 weeks early isn't even worth chopping.

Also, how much are you expecting to pay for 5000 seeds? How much space and lighting do you plan on using?

How do you expect to take 10,000 cutting? Do you have 10,000 rapid rooters, RW cubes, hundreds of trays w/ domes?

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
Everyone else has been pretty nice about it, but i dont think i can sit here and do the same...

I dont know if this is gonna happen...In fact I'll be taking bets now, $50 says this WILL NOT happen.

But good luck?

ArcticBlast