What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What has happened

TheMoon

Hi there.

Im a male of 39 years living in Scotland

I don't know where I've been or what i have become. I used to have a sound knowledge of what is what regarding growing. I've not had a smoke in precisely 13 months 4 days. I feel like i have lost everything. I'm no longer happy with myself. I miss my beloved smk. I decided i would start a grow possibly my 17th or so.

My last grow consisted of 3 Auto white widow by pyramid seeds purchased from pick n mix seeds. All a failure. The heartache prompted me to call it quits. last week my partner placed an order with herbies seeds consisting of Auto white widow. Auto Anubis Auto anesthesia. All strains pyramid seeds And bringing along a free Critical + Auto by dinafem courtesy by Herbies. None of them popped or even sprouted the tap root. My knowledge from what i recall placed those seeds in a glass of mineral water @ ph 6.2 @ room temp for 36 hours or so at a maximum.... @ 16 hours they all sank. telling me its time to sow. I gathered my John innes No2 dirt. (should have used no 1) And seated each seed @ 1/2 an inch. today checking up on them a 6th time for each day passed and no sign of a break through.

I figured patients..... it didn't happen... so i dug them up and all 4 seeds hadn't popped. I lost the plot and squeezed each seed between finger and thumb. rendering them worthless. I feel like a newb again although my first grow was the most successful when i was much more of a noob.

The hell is going on with me. were those seeds actually dud. is it pyramid seeds. wtf fking fk. is it a mental health problem....I want to start again.

How do i go about messaging herbies without mentioning germination so i could possibly get the seeds resent. or should i have just waited. What the fk am i even doing here. i think ..time to delete my text what a waste of time when i could have been watching GOT rather than spending over an hour scripting this thread. I will post it anyway, maybe someone understands i sure as hell dont. I expect no replies. but someone saying something please. what a waste of time

corky1968

Veteran
My knowledge from what i recall placed those seeds in a glass of mineral water @ ph 6.2 @ room temp for 36 hours or so at a maximum.... @ 16 hours they all sank. telling me its time to sow.

Seeds are not supposed to soak for 36 hours.

I personally don't go longer than 12 hours in a glass container.
I just use a piece of wet cloth on them to sink them under water.
After my 12 hour soak time max, I drain the water and place the
seeds in a moist cloth until they crack and then plant away.

Your seeds probably died with 36 hours.

Read this and try again. Don't give up.

Germinating Cannabis Seeds

Mystic Funk

corky is right.
I would like to add to what he said.
it's very important to keep your seeds at 75 to 80 degrees F
I also like to add hydrogen peroxide to the water they soak in. it helps add oxygen to the seeds so they don't drown and keeps mold from growing.
once they have soaked for a bit. put them in the towel and wait till there is a taproot at least 1/2in long.
then put them in the dirt and don't touch them.(be sure to keep them at 75 to 80 degrees)
you should see them poke out in a week or so...

good luck
-mystic

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
never ever let the seeds sink to the bottom. They will drown and rot. they have to have O2 to grow. If they sink they cant get any. Most seeds will pop in 24hrs. Take the seeds out of the water place them into a moist cloth/paper towel. keep them warm. If any of the others are going to pop they will. After 48 hrs toss them if no tail.

TheScrogFrog

Hrm. I let my seeds sink, they are in there up to 36 hours, they germ fine. Usually pop tails within the first 24hrs. Sometimes 36 hours. There's still oxygen in water.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
seeds cant extract O2 when submerged. You will have better results leaving them floating on them surface.

jedi5891

Most of my seeds I plant how nature's been doing it since time immoral, by placing straight in moist soil. I have good germination rates. I think the key is temperature.

TheScrogFrog

seeds cant extract O2 when submerged. You will have better results leaving them floating on them surface.

Hrm. I have noticed that my seeds germ faster when they are submerged. Just dropped some in fact, I swirl the water every 6-8 hours or so until they sink, shortly after they germ and tails come out.

If I had some beans to sacrifice i'd test it side by side, but I don't want to waste 'em.

Guess it's what works for me. lol.

TheScrogFrog

Actually I found some seeds I can sacrifice, i'll do a side by side with submerged vs floating and report back. :)

TheScrogFrog

Moon,

I hope this isn't hijacking your thread, but I think it would be educational. I can remove this experiment if you would like. :)

Hammer,

Let's find out what's best! I put 4 seeds of Mob Boss F3 in each.

I will report back. :tiphat:

picture.php

corky1968

Veteran
I hear seeds germinate faster with Punk music.
It gets their hormones jumping.

Ok, so that's a lie. :biggrin:

bigbadbiddy

Maybe try growing something else but auto crap...

Germ some regular seeds, let a male and female get together and produce some offspring, see the magic of love returning to your garden :D

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have more failure when they sink then I do when they dont. Germ the seeds how ever you want. I have been doing it long enough to know what works best for me. I have seeds germinating almost everyday. you need heat as well. you cant just leave them sitting in a cold area. I put my tall shot glasses on top of my DTV receiver. The receiver is very warm to the touch.

Attachments

• DSCN3083 1200x899.jpg
    DSCN3083 1200x899.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 10

TheScrogFrog

I have more failure when they sink then I do when they dont. Germ the seeds how ever you want. I have been doing it long enough to know what works best for me. I have seeds germinating almost everyday. you need heat as well. you cant just leave them sitting in a cold area. I put my tall shot glasses on top of my DTV receiver. The receiver is very warm to the touch.

No worries bro, wasn't a shot at you or anything, genuinely curious if I let my seeds float if they germ faster than swirling/sinking. I've always done the swirling/sinking so just honestly curious if they would germ faster if I let em float. Great thing about growing is the variety of styles and methods.

Peace brotha'.

evergreenrider

Easiest way for me to germinate is to take a paper towel, get it wet, place seeds inside paper towel, fold, place in a zip lock bag tucked away. In a few days you will have ready to plant starts

TheMoon

Thank you for all the replies. I somewhat thought nobody is going to reply to me. always seems to be the case on every other growing forum I've posted on.

I don't know where to start. I've read that growers soak seeds until a tap root forms. obviously by the time a tap root forms it is noticeable the seeds have sank. I have never done this. I continue to try to keep things simple and use 36 hours as a maximum. on this occasion it took 16 hours. So the seeds weren't actually soaking for 36 hours ....The seeds didn't drop to the bottom on there own. i pushed on them while they were still at surface causing them to sink. Then i just planted them.

Maybe they needed longer than 16 hours as they didn't sink to the bottom on their own. Human interaction caused them to sink. I Don't seem to have patients i just couldn't wait to get them planted. After all im gagging for the magical feeling of being stoned again.

In the past I've never soaked seeds. i have just used paper n towel method. the soak in water is a new thing. I like the head start option. other than just planting them directly in soil and waiting longer for them to surface. The ph is just distinguished by what is scripted on the label of the water (Ashbeck mineral water) by tesco. I'm sure i thought i had a sound knowledge of a grow from start to end. But with me i believe things can always be improved. My partner who doesn't smk continues to offer advice stating ''stick to what you know''. don't complicate things by trying different approaches. for me growing is a pain in the ass. surely we all try to do things different and end up with issues. Maybe its because I'm not in tune with the magic of growing because I've not smoked in well over a year. The depression and anxiety kills the excitement . And when things go wrong i fking lose the plot.

I'm not going to be doing any more of pyramid seeds. Their Auto white widow strain is what i have adored in the past.... grew it many times and sincerely love it. best smk ever. But lately its either me or the seed bank. I don't want to blame Herbies. i rate them highly. I will though will never buy from pick n mix seeds again. The sight of single seeds in a plastic baggy with a cut out of the breeders packaging inst formidable. Herbies on the other hand supplied me with single seeds direct from the breeder in their own packaging and with the automatic process of a free seed. I just wish i hadn't snapped and went mental. maybe if i had patients the seeds would have popped by now. But i fking squeezed em between finger and thumb.

Its now over and back to sweet seeds. This should be my 2nd last post here as i cbf with forums. Thread starters posts always get sidetracked. im seeing hints of that on this thread Already. Thank you to all that contributed. And someone said Auto crap. that's because i don't live where you live. Auto bedroom grows in Scotland make sense ...because of the law, being impatient, and not having that kind of desirable experience. I like the idea of multiple harvests per year. and mainly because of employment i don't have to induce flowering.

TheMoon

ps.

When i say side tracked its usually me that does the tracking. so that's no aimed at anyone here ....being off of smoke for so long after 20 years of abuse leaves me with mental health situations.

TheScrogFrog

Moon,

I hope this isn't hijacking your thread, but I think it would be educational. I can remove this experiment if you would like. :)

Hammer,

Let's find out what's best! I put 4 seeds of Mob Boss F3 in each.

I will report back. :tiphat:

View Image

Results:

40 hours after seeds were put in cup we have tails on all but 1 of each. Have to say im impressed with the floaters, it appears its unnecessary to swirl them around. The floaters appear to have slightly larger tails as well.

picture.php

Floaters:
picture.php

Swirlers:
picture.php

And there you have it! Both ways work, again im impressed with the floaters I thought they would take longer.