What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First post and first grow

Sorry I can't be of any help with regards to the bubble cloner, I just wanted to chime in and say it's looking pretty good man.

Good job so far on the first grow, keep it up whatsaguitar!

Sorry I can't be of any help with regards to the bubble cloner, I just wanted to chime in and say it's looking pretty good man.

Good job so far on the first grow, keep it up whatsaguitar!

Thank you, brother! I guess I'll just keep chugging along and see how it goes lol.

ok the clones are yellowing a bit because they are using stored energy within the leaves to make roots. this is pretty normal and is usually a sign that a cline is about to root. dont be too alarmed unless the clone is nearly all yellow. then you may need to add a weak veg nute to get then to green back up. my suggestion is to get them out of the cloner as soon as roots form and into a growing medium so they can start getting roots established. nutes in bubble cloners at the needed temps for roots to form is a bit risky.

the gh grow is what you would want to use incase of an emergency n deficiency otherwise use the bloom to help get roots going.

ok the clones are yellowing a bit because they are using stored energy within the leaves to make roots. this is pretty normal and is usually a sign that a cline is about to root. dont be too alarmed unless the clone is nearly all yellow. then you may need to add a weak veg nute to get then to green back up. my suggestion is to get them out of the cloner as soon as roots form and into a growing medium so they can start getting roots established. nutes in bubble cloners at the needed temps for roots to form is a bit risky.

the gh grow is what you would want to use incase of an emergency n deficiency otherwise use the bloom to help get roots going.

Thank you for the response, brother! Should I wait for the roots to be established or should I transplant after I see a few start to develop?

me personally, i like to transplant into dixie cups as soon as i see the cuttings have roots. as long as the humidity under control, there will be no issue and can safely add nutes and youll have a well established root system within days. this is just me personally. i actually sometimes tranfer to root cubes as soon as i see the little white root nubs and they spit out roots in as little as 24hrs after words. anyways, there are many ways to get things done, but theres just something about warm water and hydro that gives me anxiety. another reason i do it this way is because the more roots you have, the more potential there is for transplant stress

I'd wait untill you have a few blowing out of the stem then transplant. Change your water in cloner every 3-4 days.

me personally, i like to transplant into dixie cups as soon as i see the cuttings have roots. as long as the humidity under control, there will be no issue and can safely add nutes and youll have a well established root system within days. this is just me personally. i actually sometimes tranfer to root cubes as soon as i see the little white root nubs and they spit out roots in as little as 24hrs after words. anyways, there are many ways to get things done, but theres just something about warm water and hydro that gives me anxiety. another reason i do it this way is because the more roots you have, the more potential there is for transplant stress

Hey thank you both for taking the time to respond.

I'm thinking I'm going to go with changing the water every 3-4 days and waiting til the roots are well established. They'll be going right into clay pebbles. I'm thinking that they'll handle the transplant better if they have a well established system. Thoughts?

Hey everyone. Hope all is well with you. Things are moving along on here.

The mommas just doing their thing. Gonna be doing some pruning tomorrow since they're getting kind of unruly lol.

Some clones have developed roots so that means ....

It's time to to get to the fun part of things

I'm not going to use any veg time. I want to see what I can get for going right into flower. I figure if I'm not happy with the result, then I can add veg time. I like to experiment so, why not?

gardener60

First post and first grow

Those ladies look very very good for three weeks keep up the good work and keep us posted on the grow.

Stardog

If 1% of the first time growers I've ever helped or seen were doing as well as you are I'd be very surprised. Like the poster above said, you're a natural, don't stop, ever.:)

holy cow. your a natural
Wow, thank you very much for the compliment.

Those ladies look very very good for three weeks keep up the good work and keep us posted on the grow.

Thank you very much. I'll be sure to do so, brother!

If 1% of the first time growers I've ever helped or seen were doing as well as you are I'd be very surprised. Like the poster above said, you're a natural, don't stop, ever.:)

Wow thank you for the kind words. I truly appreciate it. I'm definitely still learning a lot as I go but I've been enjoying it. Hopefully things continue this way until my first harvest and beyond!

Hey everyone,

Hope all is well! Sorry for the late update: the semester is coming to an end so I've been occupied with all of my major coursework. Nonetheless, here are some pics!

I've started experimenting with super cropping my mother plants to control their height:

They were just super cropped again last night. They bounced back very well from the first round so I've just been experimenting with how much abuse these plants can take. I'm discovering how resilient they truly are.

Two of the clones in flower did not make it. I attribute this entirely to my impatience and lack of a really developed root system. The two that did make it are doing just fine though! They were placed in flower on 3/29 and are looking pretty good. I'm wondering how long it takes for these little ladies to start initiating the flowering stage.

And here they are out of the tent

(1/2)

Since 2 of the plants did not make it, I have taken a few cuttings to fill the void. Some of them have started to develop roots. I'm going to wait for the roots to be really overwhelming before I transplant them to flower. My plan is still no veg time. Once these cuttings have extremely developed root systems, they will go directly into the flower tent.

(2/2)

Here are the future candidates!

That's all for now!

(3/2... I thought I had 8 images so I could break it up into 3 images in the first and 5 in the second. I can't edit my posts for whatever reason so I had to have 3 posts. This also made me laugh because of my educational background in mathematics. A mathematician that apparently can't count lol)

Hey everyone, hope all is well with you. I was away for the weekend due to a family member being hospitalized. Sadly, she is no longer with us. She lived a long life and was loved by many. The kindest woman I've ever met. I'm really going to miss her.

Moving along to the ladies in the tent,

It really is crazy to see how much these things grow over the course of 2 days. Truly incredible plants.

The mommas grew a lot over the weekend. I'm going to have a lot of pruning to do to maintain them lol

A couple of extra cuttings were in my cloner and the root growth over the weekend was pretty incredible.

The two taller clones were the surviving 2 of the original 4. They're finally starting to increase in height. I was pretty excited to see that lol. The other 5 were placed in here Friday morning and survived through the weekend so looks like they'll be sticking around too :biggrin::biggrin:

That's it for now!

So, because I have OCD, I like my designs to be as clean as possible. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I could run that 1/2 inch tube between the flowering plants and have the 1/4 inch lines going to each plant without pulling the stakes out of each pot? That's the problem I keep running into right now which is why it's off to the side in the picture above. The 1/4 inch tubing is very stiff and holds it's form so I'm trying to figure out a way to make this happen. Any input would be appreciated!

Latest posts

Latest posts