What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Gold Bottle of Roots Excelurator

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
Noticed the bottle of Roots looks different now, and the application rate is increased to 1.1ml per gal, what's new?

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Thought it's always been 1.1 ml per gallon. That's what I've used for years.

You thinking of the drip clean at 0.4 ml's maybe?

thewhitelotus

Veteran
i have an older bottle and it still says 1.1ml/gal....although this run ive been trying .5ml/gal and it seems to be doing about the same

just an FYI

pinkus

Veteran
IMO it's lighter colored, but more viscus and looks like more solids to me as well... Guess I'm trying since I already bought it :/

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
it smells funky in comparison to the old silver bottle, not 100% sure I love it like I used to but i already know I'll regret it if i stop using it...truly one of the best additives I've ever used(at least the old stuff was, if it is in fact any different)

Yeah the product is not as good as it used to be. Some batches they made on the new bottles were fermenting on the shelves. Time to go to another brand. Rootbastic from Atami.

pinkus

Veteran
Why on earth they would fuck with the best formula out there? Did they have labeling problems, heavy metals, anybody have any real info? It was really their flagship product by most accounts.

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
Before is was okay to use with H2o2, and now it's not.
They must've changed the formula and added something live.

DabOnDabs

Veteran
Why on earth they would fuck with the best formula out there? Did they have labeling problems, heavy metals, anybody have any real info? It was really their flagship product by most accounts.

The guy at the growstore said some regulatory agency made them take the primary ingredient out or something, so they had to completely reformulate it. His words "Some people say its better, other people say it sucks. The fact that NOBODY said the old shit sucked says something to me"

Coconutz

Veteran

They have been lowering the concentration of the active ingredients for the past several years.
Ive heard the old formula was better for a while now.

Before is was okay to use with H2o2, and now it's not.
They must've changed the formula and added something live.

Never been ok to use it with h202

pinkus

Veteran
There was no change I saw over a 3 year period. Flat out superior and consistent. The one additive I didn't question the validity of... yippie :rant:

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
When I first started hydro, they said it was fine in a sterile res.
And there was never any pressure in the can. Now there is and they don't.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
I also noticed the pressure in the bottle, as well as the foul smell in the bottle even when new whereas the old stuff kinda just smelled like dirt...and the rez, that thing gets stanky after just a day or two now...like a really tough to handle smell...

CoastalSFC

I am pissed about the change, There are now better products. Time to make the switch
-Startboost
-Rapidstart at 1.5-2ml
-Heavy 16 roots

Joseph29

I never got to try the old version of roots excel. I've been using the gold bottle for about 2 months now and it seems pretty good. I'd like to do a side by side comparison with heavy roots to see which product is better. I've heard nothing but good things about heavy roots and it's half the price of roots excel!!

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
whats the application rate for the heavy roots? i was talking to dude at the grow shop yesterday about the gold bottle RE and what possible alternatives there are. he reccomended canna's rhizotonic which actually cost more than excel when application rate is taken into account(10-15mL per gal as opposed to 1mL of RE)..