What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How do you keep cats out of your planting beds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinny Leaf

Veteran
Mulch or chicken wire work for long term. With the chicken wire they can't scratch into the dirt.

Cat food in a trap works real well also.

G

greenmatter

I didn't get a catpiss pheno in that planter ^^ :) The part around the edge is left bare, so if he poops in the planter its in the bare part I think. The neighbors ignored him and he decided to move in here with me cuz I didn't.

no catpiss pheno :laughing: .. why do you keep him around?

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
I have some catnip growing in the corner of the yard so all neighborhood cats tend to go there. My black cat sits by the door of my indoor grow every day trying to score some headies.

Big Eggy

Veteran
I've got a problem with cats too.. next door but one have about 6 cats and they all seem to like my front garden as does the neighbour accross the streets cats.

have looked into the Sonic option but have read mixed reviews, people mainly saying that the solar pannel is crap and needs constant recharging, i want to put it on a north facing wall so it wont get much sun.

Dont bother with Lion poo.. the cats round my way saw it as a challange and craped more than ever.

i've heard the water hose/spray is a good deterant but i never see them actully doing the business so that wont work for me.

A friend of mine had a problem with a local tom coming in through the cat flap and raping his to cats, he made friends with it bundled it into his car and drove it a few miles accross town and let it go.. I cant say i'd agree with that as i have owned cats in the past and have a soft spot for them but it did work.

eggy

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
Dolly314.jpg

jj.thecarnivore

Ha!
I think I need a BB gun... I hear they wont go in the bed if you use forks sticking up...

go buy a box of plastic forks... they make biodergradable ones from corn... I am sure there is evil associated with these as well.... but one does have to chose ones battles at times... anywhere you can fill with plants and rocks works too for sure.. the cayanne and pepper thing works till you water... :)

peace

GuerrillaG

haha I've never heard the fork thing before.

I can almost guarantee if I put a bunch of forks sticking outta the yard my cat would assume it was her new personal scratching wonderland :tongue:

after doing some tests I found she does NOT like cayenne pepper or coffee haha

Big Eggy

Veteran
i wonder if my poo or piss would scare them off... Would have to dry out one of my own turds first?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts