What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Smells like LouDog inside the van...

LouDog420

Day 46

Day 46

GB
50844033212_5e7de00262_k.jpg

50844033727_9bf4cbefdb_k.jpg

OGC
50844032972_5667cfe618_k.jpg

50844033477_a4c6e61031_k.jpg

SQ
50843222388_12629671e1_k.jpg

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My RIL fems come down soon. They'd do tremendous in there. The growth from hybrid vigor is wild. Lookin good Lou! Bring em on home.

LouDog420

Day 55

Day 55

Getting floppy... Realizing for a while now that we placed the longest flowering girl right in front of the door. 63-67 days for the gb and ogc vs 75+ for the sq... Thinking of how we can harvest the early girls without the sq going flop crazy. Always prefer to hang dry whole, but don't think there's any way to make that happen without a whole lot of movement for the sq and most likely too many broken or bent branches. Not excited at all about cutting up the ogc and gb in the rooms with all the trellis and ties, but believe that's the only option to get them out the door for the dry.

Everyone hitting their swell. Flush started today, adding RO to the current mix, and will see how they respond. We can pick back up with diluted nutes as necessary. I'm not sure how metabolism will respond with the big plants and big pots, so a bit of an experiment.

Onto the girls. OGC, two different ones
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

OGC on right, SQ on left... OGC is crushing it. SQ seems not as happy with the lower light levels and not stacking quite as hard, but also has an extra two weeks for swell.
picture.php

LouDog420

Day 55

Day 55

SQ, a few foxtails where she got a bit close to the 1k's. Pulled her back with some trellis. And the center girl could be closer to each light, and doesn't seem to be stacking as hard. But she's a big girl with a lot of colas, so will be interesting to see where numbers land for all...

SQ corner blocking the door
picture.php

SQ center
picture.php

And our gb, really starting to turn up the stack and swell. No colas like the ogc, but still hoping for a healthy yield. Certainly the contender for frost queen in the room.
picture.php

DunHav`nFun

Lookin good Lou.....just wrote a book and it disappeared so here`s the short version lol.....either nitrogen toxicity , overwatering , or the plant`s slowing her eating habits in late bloomage , but.......Get rid of all those curled under fanleaves till all are gone and hopefully the swellage will shine for you come choptime.....All nitrogen , rather excess nitrogen`s stored in the fans till used up then they fall off......takin em off speeds the process and hopefully helps with swellage during lights out....anyways.....

Good luck Lou.....Hope your room dialage comes sooner than later.....You`ve got all the knowledge and experience to make it shine so......

Peace....DHF....:ying:....

LouDog420

Thanks Fred, took some fans as suggested. I like to shy away from pruning late, always concerned with open wounds and possible infection/mold as a result. And my hands get sticky... Especially with these fatties ;)

1000 words, pre prune
picture.php

Sunshineinabag

Lol I'd go to the local electronic and haz mat type recycling areas.......id bring my old used eye hortilux 600 bulbs.....back then they father who ran the place just used to smile and say thankyou for being responsible. Now with the riff raff working there I'd be afraid to show anyone where my bulbs originally work at lol if ya get my meaning. It's amazing how cultivars that have been grown under those spectrums just unfold like banana peel so we'll... noice
This post was in no way an attempt at being offensive to anyone here......

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's a good point Fred, I tell the new guys who fry their plants to pull the damaged leaf after they flush. Speeds up the new fresh growth. Never thought about the same in flower.

Lookin good Lou! Thatd be an impossible squeeze for me with that wall of weed, I'd probably trip and end up covered in resin ha! If it was me I'd get a bunch of bamboo stakes leaned out all around the pot, tie up the colas best I can, run line around the entire rig from the bottom up. Kind of girdle around ,Throw a net over the top then sit down with my back on the wall and push her over real real slow with my legs. Great lookin room, hope ya hit yer goal.

LouDog420

The only way to move around in there, is literally to crawl on the floor. Then it's like playing whack-a-mole, only able to pop one's head up by each bulb, but we make it work. We run two layers of trellis then plenty of individual ties to colas that still feel the need to flop, eye hooks all over the ceiling. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
laughing.gif

[/FONT]

Got the question of what's in the ogc...

The cut is from a pack of OG Chem v1.1 from Ganja Rebel Seeds. I believe lineage is (SFV OG x Chem D bx) x [5G's yellow x (SFV OG x Chem D bx)]

The SFV OG x Chem D bx used for the backcross, was the highest tested THC% in 2011 and 2012 in the emerald cup for Ganja D, talks of 31%+. Never had mine tested though, but she smacks ya in the face.

5G's yellow is the OG Chem leaning pheno from Ganja's 5G's line... 5G's is Sour Diesel X F13 X (OG x Chemdog) x C99

LouDog420

Eyes, they haven't yet, but I still believe!!

Your patience during these difficult times is appreciated ;)

LouDog420

Day 63

Day 63

Approaching the home stretch. Not quite flushing as fast as we'd like, with some of the plants just starting to show a hint of fade. We have one branch on the OGC that is fading fast. She's close to the light getting blasted, but there's plenty of others in the room that are closer and aren't fading the same way. Checked stem for discoloration, mushy, soft, and nothing there. May take the branch early, and will likely do some dissection come harvest to see if anything is in there. First thought was fusarium. Fade first started about 1.5 weeks ago... Not quite sure, but watching carefully for nasties.

picture.php

No other visible signs of mold or anything, so hoping we can stay clear and push it for some extra swell. The SQ is kicking it into gear, and will be interesting to see how she catches up the next 10 days or so...

Here's the SQ, a very fine lady, thanks to the man jm. (chem4 x sour diesel ibl) x (chemD x sour diesel ibl)
50903934387_b3faf07138_k.jpg

50903108498_312c3f157f_k.jpg
50903108248_42aaddd4c2_k.jpg

Last edited:

LouDog420

Day 63

Day 63

OGC, the usual, just getting fat. A few colas a bit close to the bulbs that are floppy, so have been busy tying those back. A few branches got a tad too warm and were starting to show some heat stress.

50903811886_1282efa766_k.jpg

50903812006_6f1612d1db_k.jpg

And the Bokeh GB, sporting her dense golf balls
50903108718_9970469386_k.jpg

50903934522_08ce5c1fc8_k.jpg

50903934557_d67741d2f0_k.jpg

Last edited: