What's new

Diary Chimera strain mélange.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Island Purp x SS

Island Purp x SS

This is a lone IPxSS plant just put into flower. Very good branching and has the Island Purp distinctive smell...that strange rubber/mushroom smell, already on the leaves. I was a fan of smoking the Ip x Jack and wish I would have worked the line a little bit more originally. I'm starting agian with the cross to SS but would love to isolate a IP leaner to cross and make seeds for future exploration. I do need to get my hands on another pack of the IPxJk. Anyhow, here is a quick shot. I hope she stretches more but this one seems to be on the stout side of things...

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Nice report on the congos. The f2 are for sure going to be quite crazy, probably with a lot of tall skinny individuals to search through.

Sorry you didn’t get a good Chunky Monkey 99. Hopefully the smoke will be ok..

Did you have any FBs in this run?

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Pure Kush BH x Tikal

Pure Kush BH x Tikal

(Pure Kush x BH) x (Guatemala sativa x Kush/Haze x Guatemala) This is a plant from seeds I made using pollen from a line called Tikal (Ace Seeds) with a stinky gasoline dominant and incredibly potent Pure Kush x BH plant. The mother (PKxBH) was extremely potent and super fast to hit but was a one trick pony. She was all fuel in smell and flavor with a knockout punch. While it was fun at first to smoke and let my unsuspecting friends get destroyed by the smoke but after a while there was nothing else to the effect. You smoked it, it knocked you out and that's it. This is the second time I run this plant, I have run a few of those seeds I made but this has been the best offspring so far. The flower has a strawberry kush and fuels smell and the taste comes through in the smoke. This is a more subdued effect with a nice heady beginning that lets you function somewhat without that over the top knockout potency of the mother. The fade can be a bit bumpy without a cure but once she settles, its a nice smoke and the racey heart thump goes away. Still nicely potent but enjoyable. She retains the mothers structure and not the lanky branched structure of the pollen plant. This plant insists on growing one long central cola even though all shoots where the same height before the flip.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Nice report on the congos. The f2 are for sure going to be quite crazy, probably with a lot of tall skinny individuals to search through.

Sorry you didn’t get a good Chunky Monkey 99. Hopefully the smoke will be ok..

Did you have any FBs in this run?

Yes the CM was disappointing but when you only run a few plants from a line you eventually get the crappy plant. I am not worried though because I still have more seeds.

Im looking forward to the congo f2's and they will get an appearance here sometime in the summer.

I did grow the fighting buddha again and she is near finish..maybe another few days. Ill post before the chop. I will say, that she took on a more blueberry appearance ( some fox tailing and colored flower) this time around and the fruitiness is a touch more pronounced. I did feed a touch heavier though so maybe the trait was there but didnt surface till now. Still smells great and if she smoke the same i am happy. She was one of the better plants from last years run for sure.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Fighting Buddha

Fighting Buddha

Fighting buddha in the end game...she is ready but cant work on her for another couple days. She is currently 8 weeks and a day in the pictures. Its amazing how quickly I smoked the last harvest. In the coming months I plan to run a few more FB seeds and make some f2's for future exploration. She is looking a bit scraggly this round but still did nice considering I was focused on other plants. She was quicker by almost a week this run.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
That FB looks really good!
Looks like it might have an edge over the last grow in terms of yield also? I’m thinking the FB is certainly going to be in this years run for me..

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
IP x SS over three weeks 12/12

IP x SS over three weeks 12/12

Just wanted to share an update on the ipxss in flower. She started to produce flower in the last week and looks like she is happy in her medium. I defoiled the top main shoot early in flower and she responded nicely with some stretch. I like the structure and angle of the branches. It's ideal for indoor growing and looks like they can hold bigger flowers without support. The smell is the mushroom type smell I noticed in other ipxjack crosses so I'm happy with the prospect of a maternal leaner as I really enjoyed the smoke from the half sisters. Not a heavy drinker compared to other plants I have going atm.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Medina x Jack

Medina x Jack

These are two medina x jack plants I have in the flower room. I missed my window to prune them into a more branched structure and didn't want to keep them in veg while I corrected my sloppy work so I flipped them. They looked identical early on but I defoiled before the flip and one responded with a bit of extra stretch. Other than the different node distance they are pretty similar. Interestingly, the clone of the shorter plant Med1 is more branched than the Med2 plant which currently has the greater node space and a bit more branching. Anyway, here they are.

Med1 left, Med2 right

Medina1

Medina2

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Pure Kush BH x Tikal day 47

Pure Kush BH x Tikal day 47

All right then, lets keep the updates coming. This is the PKxT at day 47 in flower and she is filling in with no issues. She is starting to show a touch of color change in the leaf but maybe due to proxinity to lights. Also, its cold this time of year in my grow room so that may also be a contributing factor. At any rate, the sweet strawberry terps are being masked by a heavy burnt rubber type of smell that I hadn't notice in the last run :this is the second run of this plant after I selected from a couple others. I also added different amendments to the soil with a higher concentration of humic acid, green sand and high N bat guano in the medium early in the container buildup. I always top dress with guanos as they flowers or I know a plant is especially hungry but this time I added it early with other high N amends like feather meal and blood meal. I am assuming the difference in terps might be due to this addition but I'll see how the end product is. While the lanky meristem looks at odds with the rest of the plant she is healthy and moving at a decent rate. Looking at maybe 10 weeks or so for full maturity.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Island Purp x SS day 35

Island Purp x SS day 35

update on the IPxSS at around day 35. Nothing out of the ordinary at this time but wanted to post to show progress. She started to flower a touch slower than the ipxjacks I ran but is now putting on the flowers at a decent rate. The smells are certainly from the maternal side as is the flower set it seems. The structure of plant and flower also leans toward the broad leaf side. She is going to be very resinous by the looks this early on. Hope she purples up nicely.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
ISP x SS is looking good as is your own cross. Loving how the ISP has tamed the SS considerably and infused the broadleaf traits deep. I had the chance to sample some a couple of years ago and it was a nice mix :)

pinkus

Veteran
Looking excellent!

Looking excellent!

Hey, JaHaze and everybody else out there. I wanted to both thank you for showing us these beauties and say a little about the Lemoncello plants I grew.

First, the smell on both is exactly as described by Chimera and others: fizzy Lemon Liquor. It's pretty near a dead ringer for the Acapulco Gold I have been growing. LC is MUCH stronger.
The flavor is equally impressive. The resin is gorgeous! Fast too!

Now, the rub: Abismal yield (not really "buds"), and for me ~ JUST ME ~ not such a great high. It seems like a good dutch middle of the road high. AGAIN, my take on it. I have a good buddy who loves it and would like me to keep going. I did try to produce a few X's with my HMxBB F! males, but I don't think any took.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Fast, eh? How fast? I was led to believe that most, if not all of the SSx's, took about 11-12 weeks...

I imagined growing the LC for primarily hash purposes anyway but just out of curiosity, how abysmal was the yield? I know a lot of people don't even bother weighing in certain circles- but if you had to guess....?

pinkus

Veteran
Fast, eh? How fast? I was led to believe that most, if not all of the SSx's, took about 11-12 weeks...

I imagined growing the LC for primarily hash purposes anyway but just out of curiosity, how abysmal was the yield? I know a lot of people don't even bother weighing in certain circles- but if you had to guess....?
around 8 weeks under 10/14 for the faster one. About a half ounce on that plant. Put into the tent at around a foot tall. I think that it would likely do better under a more typical 12/12, Indica friendly schedule.

EDIT: I feel that I need to add some more information here since I piped up, I need to give a thorough review.

The other individual plant I ran earlier was very similar, but I think she took 2 weeks longer IIRC. There was a slight difference in the color, with the longer flowering plant having a more silvery appearance. The silvery plant had a similar yield, though I'd say about the same productivity over a given time. Both had great resin, wonderful amounts, and texture. The ratio of bud to leaf wasn't great on the two I ran, and the buds they do form tend to come apart if you try to get a really close trim.

I should also state clearly that i don't like "Indica" or sedating plants. I still prefer rockets to pillows, at least for my general use. A nice sledgehammer is nice at bedtime. :needcoffee:

Last edited:

zif

Veteran
I’ve seen a number of nine weekers in the hybrids (MF, Dom, Congo), as well as the longer running types (HT, SD).

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Hi everyone, yeah there is some variation on flowering times with the SS crosses depending on pheno. I have had a couple of 9 week plants with the crosses but the lemon cellos where about 77 days give or take. My SD x SS sometimes takes 12 weeks depending on environment as do some of the more equatorial leaning varietals. The quickest have been the bubba,master and one particular grapefruit x SS which was the quickest at about 8 weeks.

Pinkus, too bad the LC didn't work out for you. I too had small yields but tfor me, it was due to my smaller containers and flowering in colder time of year. I still have several seeds so I may revisit the line soon but my haze x ss gives me the best of both worlds. I'm going to pollinate said plant with some hmxbb once I collect the pollen. I'm on a seed making spree of late.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
IP x SS over 9 weeks

IP x SS over 9 weeks

She's getting the chop in the next couple of days. Still has a predominant IP smell but some of the SS has made it in the final couple weeks..faint sweet lemony smell. I took a test nug at week 9 to see how it smokes but this plant will come down at week 10.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
HMxBB pollen chuck

HMxBB pollen chuck

Appologies for the slow updates but have been making seeds and not really exploring cultivars. I have many seeds to check out so will probably post more of those home made crosses than what's available to purchase. I still have many unopened packs of older stuff so you'll see some pop up now and again in between the pollen chucks. Starting off is pure kush x bh dusted with pollen from my HMxBB male. Seeds already visable in the lower part of the plant that was pollinated.

pure kush xBH

Also hit the ipxss with the hmxbb pollen to make some seeds for future pleasure.
ipxss

Yesterday I put some of crosses I made earlier this year in water and will post those once they break ground,. They are:

Congo x BH f2s
Haze SS x Congo BH
Purple Mex x HMBB

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Haze/SS x Congo/BH & Purple Mex x HMBB please :D

I’ve got a pack of the Purple Mex somewhere. How did it turn out for you Jah?

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Haze/SS x Congo/BH & Purple Mex x HMBB please :D

I’ve got a pack of the Purple Mex somewhere. How did it turn out for you Jah?

Kalbhairav, the pm is a nice hybrid type smoke. I've grown about 5 different girls and they all had some slight differences but overall I would say a warm type of effect with some plants exhibiting a cleaner functional high (green plants) and others a more mellow chill type high (purple). I preferred the green plants as I think they lean oaxacan and were great for daytime use with no burn out and very good headspace. I would categorize all the plants I grew as calm/grounding as opposed to the the Hawaiian Spice which is more electric.

This particular pm I pollinated with the hmxbb was completely seeded so I took samples at 9, 10, 12 weeks. The earlier buds were much better in effect for my tastes with the later buds really pushing the mellow effect to the point of heavy eyelids and strong body buzz. I have the plant back in the flower room with no intention of pollinating so I'll have a better idea of her true nature.