What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Freakshow (fern leaf strain) by shapeshifter/humboldt seed company

C

Capra ibex

There's variance in the leaf patterns. As for them holding true, we shall see.

Because it's a recessive trait, as far as I know, you will lose it when crossing. Again, we shall see. lol. But I don't see a crossing in this season.

View Image

WOW :yoinks:

It looks like snowflakes.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
From what I've seen growing, the seeds they are selling do not have the variation shown in the image TychoMonolyth posted.

teide

Veteran
There are not very many photos circulating yet, unfortunately. The only ones I've seen are on Instagram. One plant looks like a tomato bush, another like some sort of kale. Whatever variation occurs, it is nevertheless great in my opinion. Seems like there is a huge variation in fern leaf patterns, all unique in their way. I agree, f1s of different crosses will be exiting to witness. I see how it cannot be a simple as single locus recessive if several ferns appear in f1. Hope more growers will attempt crosses., both within the freakshow strain and with other strains. Where are the dr. Grinspoon growers!

budsicles

I hereby demand that somebody breed a plant that makes ecsd buds with freakshow leaves.

4795386f38b5d384544ac95acc5cedad.jpg

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
From what I've seen growing, the seeds they are selling do not have the variation shown in the image TychoMonolyth posted.

Are they Females? Mine are Regular. Maybe it makes a difference. Feminizing can pull out earlier phenos.

I'm giving away 10 packs after this harvest season. Mother nature will dictate if they're male, female or feminized.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
They've been hard to grow so far. They pop fine, but keeping sprouts alive and healthy until they're seedlings is tough. I have to baby them without loving them to death.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Are they Females? Mine are Regular. Maybe it makes a difference. Feminizing can pull out earlier phenos.

I'm giving away 10 packs after this harvest season. Mother nature will dictate if they're male, female or feminized.

Regular seeds.

teide

Veteran
That's a great gesture, tycho! I would love to have a couple of seeds! I would cross them with my last Dr. Grinspoon seed left and the Cambodian auto when it's f3!

Diuc

Hello!! I've received the package today. I grabbed a 10 regular seed pack of Freakshow and also a fem pack of Pineapple U.D. Cake. The envelop came with 4 reg seeds of California Sour Diesel and 1 fem of Stoopid Fruits (which I never heard of) as freebies, can't wait to pop them all!

I ordered it last Friday so shipping times have been what was expected. Freakshow seeds look super rounded and white but as I've seen it's how they are supposed to be! TychoMonolyth, were your Freakshow seeds looking like the ones in the picture?

IMG-20200325-201826.jpg

IMG-20200325-201913.jpg

teide

Veteran
Great, Diuc! Get those soaked ASAP! �� Welcome to icmag,. Second post on the forum, and you are showcasing the latest craze, cool.. Looking forward to following your grow!

rolandomota

Veteran
Yes the seeds are big and light color
skunky stem rubs so that's a dead give away as to what it is.all plants have the leaf like the picture on the pack
male flowers open strange like a spread out hand kind of like a star drawing looking instead of hanging like bananas I will cross it to many different strains but they will remain small 12 12 fast grow. Golden tiger, blueberry, Newberry, white og, blue ice og, fruity pebbles og, skunk x original haze maybe romulan but that's f2 priority, g13haze I think that's it
:dance013::woohoo::tiphat:

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes the seeds are big and light color
skunky stem rubs so that's a dead give away as to what it is.all plants have the leaf like the picture on the pack
male flowers open strange like a spread out hand kind of like a star drawing looking instead of hanging like bananas I will cross it to many different strains but they will remain small 12 12 fast grow. Golden tiger, blueberry, Newberry, white og, blue ice og, fruity pebbles og, skunk x original haze maybe romulan but that's f2 priority, g13haze I think that's it
:dance013::woohoo::tiphat:

Yea they are some weird looking male flowers. There is nothing covering the pollen sacs, they just grow off the plant hanging down and are already open with no pollen on them. It takes a day or two for the pollen to appear on the individual pollen sacs.

Female flowers are also weird looking when they start forming. They look the same as the male plants when they start flowering, then slowly pistils start appearing.

Diuc

Great, Diuc! Get those soaked ASAP! �� Welcome to icmag,. Second post on the forum, and you are showcasing the latest craze, cool.. Looking forward to following your grow!

Thank you so much teide! I really want to germinate them but due to this virus it looks that i will have to start a late season :bashhead: