What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"Live Resin"

JointOperation

just did a run on live and just dry enough to put into jars.. and both came out great. the live came out lighter colored.. very SAPPY and smells amazing.. but is supppperrrr sapppp..

and the dry.. came out a more amber.. and more of a TAFFY.. snaps in cooler temps..

and then I will do 1 more run.. same material.. same plant.. to see the difference..

has anyone noticed.. different temps for different consistencies.. I was purging at 90 with this live.. and it was jamming like it was at 130 .. I figure less surface tension = lower purge temp?

JointOperation

did another run of live.. and got a WAXY looking.. substance.. it really looks like an amazing bubble hash.. but has the smell of an amazingly terpene full extract.. the best of both worlds honestly. easier to deal with then sap.. and still full of terpenes and tastes and vapes great.. just got my new Ceramic domeless nail.. waiting on my quartz . and my oil catcher system .. too..

NEGT1

My question is at what point to we tell others how to live their lives, and I lean more toward educating them so that their eyes are open, and stopping them if they are endangering others, which some will because we have idiots, sociopaths, and psychopaths running amuck amongst us, despite our best efforts.

All good points for discussion on this thread as well, and from my perspective, more on point than a post promoting bubble hash.

I definitely lean towards education. Knowledge is power, and it gives citizens more power. Not saying that detailed extraction information is going to give people more power, so to speak, but the idea I back for certain.

A tough part seems to be educating with current federal laws.

is there a sweet spot as to how long to leave material in the cryo freezer before blasting? I've heard some people say as little as 45 minutes, but I've left it in there for a month and it seemed to turn out just fine

UNREGISTRD

is there a sweet spot as to how long to leave material in the cryo freezer before blasting? I've heard some people say as little as 45 minutes, but I've left it in there for a month and it seemed to turn out just fine

any herb freezes completly in like 30min on dry ice...ITs not going to hurt it if you leave it in there a month but theres no point too...

nothing for extraction.. just for dabbing. lol. its just a piece you put your domeless nail into.. so that your RECLAIM gets caught in a lil glass jar type thing...

not for extractions.. lol.

https://cdn.iofferphoto.com/img/ite...adapter-18mm-to-18mm-w-claim-catcher-f603.jpg

get a drop down its alot easier to clean and use with both enails and normal nails...

Word thanks man. Yeah I just leave it in there mostly due to other stuff going on. My one buddy was saying it doesn't work as good if you leave it in there for a long time but leaving it in there would work better with what we got going on/ time etc. Thanks for the heads up

can a live resin run be done with a mk3 if i dont have access to a cryo freezer or dry ice atm if i freeze the material then pack in say 18" column or 24" and freeze for 24hrs in a deep freezer and run with butane chilled in a salt ice bath will this work for me and if yes do you use the normal 3 flush cycle or does it differ? does bottom flood work as well for this process?

BrainChild

Live resin can be done without freezing the material. Comes out beautiful and no water issues.

Really, just pack the fresh buds right off the plant? I've always froze the shit out the buds, clipping them into dry ice...I thought 'twas a necessary step to tie up moisture.

Latest posts

Latest posts