What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Transcend Lighting: The Next Generation T5 30w LED

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Received 4 TL led tubes. First will be taking them to my partner's dental lab Sunday to compare them to other LED lighting for our Commercial LED RetroFit business.

Hey pet flora, if I was to start with a simple 1 bucket dwc, would 1 or 2 of these t5s be sufficient for growing or do I need to add additional lights to hit other spectrums?

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey pet flora, if I was to start with a simple 1 bucket dwc, would 1 or 2 of these t5s be sufficient for growing or do I need to add additional lights to hit other spectrums?

Well the whites are for veg. I mix them (1:2/2:2) with pink flowering tubes

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just replaced 2 tubes (one TL pink one Quantum 6500) with 2 TL NW tubes.

This should help kick start new leaf development

I am so lost. I need your help! Do you have skype? I would love to converse with you about my ideas if you have the time.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am so lost. I need your help! Do you have skype? I would love to converse with you about my ideas if you have the time.

Sorry, no SKYPE. Just go through my Mini-Me F & D thread from start to finish or one of my others for lighting questions

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hard to believe it's already been 5 days with 4 NW TL LED tubes

The Mystery Plant in front has a fair amount of new leafs. Hopefully she grows out much prettier than the mangy dog she was originally. Admittedly, my fault, but the seeds did not want to germ properly, which forced my hand to take radical measures (gibberlic acid)

The back one has been in reveg longer, but remains neither fish nor fowl. No new leafs, but not dying either.

(Pic 1 and 2) I harvested 2 of the plants from under the TL D200. Although very small (result of soaking seeds in gibberlic acid) the buds are fat and tight

View attachment 349013 View attachment 349014 View attachment 349015

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I cleaned the tote and added fresh nutes. Oddly, the new roots are far and few between for the front plant to be developing some many new leafs. The back plant has hardly any new roots.

I trimmed away the dead roots on both to make way for more new roots

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I replaced the nutes this morning. Somehow they were 450ppm which is way too high at this stage

Also made fresh spray bottle with diluted TappinRoot to spray the leafs

There's a fair amount of new leaf developing on the Mystery Plant, still nothing on the plant in the back, the largest of which is near the bottom of pic 2

I dropped 6 old Great White Shark into water 3 nights ago. Yesterday they had not cracked but I put them into coco using a 6 egg plastic container that has a lid which creates humidity

View attachment 350093 View attachment 350094

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I neglected to mention a byproduct of the ~ 450ppm is that the higher PK restarted pistil development

GWS seeds (had been in storage for a couple years) have yet to crack and may well be no longer viable

No worries have some other gifted seeds to crack

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sigh... none of the GWS seeds cracked. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This was anticipated, but I had to try.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
4 days ago I dropped 6 donated seeds that are a great cross, but I haven't located what they are. So far, only one has cracked: it already has a 1.5" tap root.
[/FONT]

I just dropped 5 WW x Bubblegum F2 that are ~ 3 years old. Always in my fridge crisper area

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good news, so far 3/5 of the WW x Bubblegum have cracked

The lone survivor of the unknown seeds (I just emailed the person who I think sent them) is looking good. Strong main stem + first leaf set after cotyledons

N

Nopapersleft

Sorry I tuned out petflora, I switched to metal halide and wasn't paying get attention to this thread. Sorry your seeds didn't crack. Best of luck on the next batch

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
While reading a question about whether O2 injected into a rez would be beneficial, I responded as follows... When air pumps are on 24/7, they constantly pull O2 from the air in the room, but you got me thinking about germinating old or stubborn seeds: I just added a few drops of food grade H2O2 to the water the seeds are soaking in

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Vicks 1.2g vaporizer ($40) is working well, just need to dial in the o/o times to maintain > 70% RH. Tent size will determine o/o times, as will size of vaporizer

Seed Update: Did the H2O2 help? Well this morning one of the Mystery seeds has cracked, so I added 2 more drops

In the meantime, 4 of the BG X WW F2s cracked (same method), so I inserted them into the coco

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] More good news, another seed cracked, and one more looks ready.

Seems to be evidence that the H2O2 drops are working

On the reveg front

While the Vicks is working great now ~ 70% RH, the 1.2g capacity is being used up pretty quickly. Looks like I will need to refill daily- a small price for improved growth.

Lots of new leaf development on the front plant, but the one in the back seems to have taken a turn for the worse. WTF?

Pics tomorrow

[/FONT]

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Seed + H2O2 update: looks like 2 more are about to crack
woohoo.gif
added 2 more drops

Reveg Tent

I decided to turn the humidifier off over night, thinking without light (the 4 TLs create very little heat) + cool morning temp 53*s, that I just might be wasting water and electricity. RH was 54%

Tent temps now 65*. After running the humidifier for 5 minutes, RH quickly rose to 75%, which may be too high for the ambient temperature, as ideal RH range is ~ 75%, but that's when temp is between 75-85*, so it's likely a sliding scale. Dunno, but will investigate.

Seems like 5/5 o/o keeps the RH in a good zone but that will change when ambient temp/RH are higher

After taking today's pics (look at all the new leafs) I decided to move the now 3"+ seedling to the front. First pic is with fog
[/FONT]
Pic one is with fog
Pic one is with fog
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Damn, the temp monitor is barely readable- RH 64%, AB was ~ 66*s

View attachment 351335 View attachment 351336
[/FONT]