What's new

Endless sky 400w DWC

Illadelph

Second grow, this time around it'll be Endless Sky from drgreenthumb.com.

Plan on vegging them to 18". This strain is a high yeilder, high potency, short flowering. (6 weeks)

Thats all for now, stay tuned

pics from last grow (bubba Kush)

got about 4 O's, expecting much more this time

Last edited:

Illadelph

maybe it isn't, i thought it was because it was a small space. Maybe on the larger side. The floor space is only like 2.5ft x 18". Does that qualify as a micro or should i get lost?

I've seen "micro grows" done in refrigerators, my space is about the same size.

Illadelph

Last go round i noticed that my lower nugs weren't as developed upon harvest because they weren't getting as much light as the higher nugs. Also, since they were so close to eachother around the stalk, a few got a little moldy. I'm trying to do something about that this go round. I was thinking of a scrog, but that sounds like an ambitious build for someone with my lack of do-it yourself skills. I was thinking as an alternative that i might put a CFL next to the plants to get some light to the lower nugs, and getting a small fan blowing directly on them to prevent mold. Subscribers, please weigh in on this dilemma. What type of CFL, was thinking just one of those really big jumo ones. Warm white? put inside a large class jar or hurricane lantern vase to protect plants from heat, and light from moisture. Also, could trim some bud sights after sexing? Suggestions?

Also, the mold might not happen next go round because of the time of the year they will be flowering and lower humidity at that time.

so far, 3 of 12 beans have sprouted (3 days since planting)

Thats all for now, thanks for tuning in, please come back to share your knowledge and experience.

thehammer85

trim off the lower nugs, i did an experiment with that. the one which had less popcorn and lower buds and much better developed flowers on top and were more resinous. or lst it, much easier than a scrog. just keep tying the plant down

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
I'm running ES in bloom right now, and unless you get some pheno I did not, it ain't done even at 8 weeks. At 7 weeks, the tester bud was enough to get high, but not all the way, I just took 8 week testers yesterday, they look better. I put mine into bloom at three feet and they are about 5 ft after stretch, looking real fine, very uniform. I did get one full on hermi out of five, and one worthy male, so I made f2's and some new crosses.

Put a small fan at the base, walmart has a 5 buck massey mini fan that works real nice in small spaces. Good luck.
H

Illadelph

A little update. Been like 2 weeks since planting. 9 of the 12 seeds sprouted. About six of those are healthy looking. of the 3 that didnt' sprout, two germed but grew in the wrong direction and never sprouted. Next time will germ in paper towels and then move them to peat plug after germ.

Few days ago i added my first nutes. 1/2tsp of florolicious plus micronutrient formula. and half a tsp of Floranova grow veg formula. Plants aren't even 2" yet, but they started to yellow so i thought i'd start nutes since they were just in plain distilled water, so i thought that must have been what it was. Looking a little better since then. Havn't taken any pictures yet, but there aint much to see. Thinking about veggin them to 1 ft instead of 18" because of what haps said. I had heard in other ES diaries that they had little stretch. and on the seed website it said that they stretch to 18" if put into bloom at 12". We'll see how patient i am. Also dissapointed to hear that it takes more than 6 weeks to flower, because thats the whole reason i picked this strain. Oh well. Hopefully haps can help guide me since he will have already gone through everything, only on a much larger scale.

anyway, i guess thats all for now. Thank you all for stopping by and please stick around.

Last edited:

Illadelph

I got leaves curling upwards around the edges like a canoe. no leaf discoloration. What is this mean? tempature too high?

B

Bean Curd

Hey Illadelph would do you use for venting a 400 watter in such a small space? I'll enjoy watching an Endless Sky grow, many peeps swear to its crippling potency. good luck!

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
Illadelph said:
I got leaves curling upwards around the edges like a canoe. no leaf discoloration. What is this mean? tempature too high?
My first thought would be the temp. but check your ph too because ph could be the problem. How high is your temps now? Any pics. those would help.

Illadelph

CONNOISSEUR Temps were 90 deg. in the top of the cab, but the seedlings are in the bottom where it is cooler.

Bean Curd It was a grow box that i purchased, it has venting for the light and a fan that blows air through it. its got two of those dryer vent sleaves, one for intake and one for exhaust, blowing through the glass tube the light is in. Pics coming soon.

Do MH give off more heat that HPS? I feel like that MH bulb is heating up my whole basement.

Illadelph

Update: about 8 of the 12 seeds planted have become healthy looking seedlings. 1 didnt germ at all, 2 germed but were upside down so the taproot grew in the wrong direction and they never sprouted. And 1 sprouted but just isn't looking to promising.

Put a fan blowing air behind the cab, which brought the temperature down to 84-86 in the top of the cap where the thermometer is. Temps expected to be lower in the bottom of the cab where the plants are. Also took a water temp, it was at about 91 just after adding the fan, but is expected to be lower now as the air temperature has decreased. The leaf curling seems to have begun to subside.

Running about 75 ppms of nutes, leaf yellowing seems to have stopped, so i'm guessing it was being caused by deficiency. Even though they say the seedlings don't need food for the first to weeks or until they are about 2"s.

got some pictures of the seedlings and set up, just because people have inquired about it. Not much to look at so far, as things progress you can expect more eye candy.

stay tuned

Latest posts

Latest posts