What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Unclefishstick's Tartar Sauce Research Kitchen Redux

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
next run....

cherry cookies x2

peanut butter breath x1
sunset sherbet x2
ogkb 2.0 x1
wedding cake x1
NEM x6
platinum cookies x5

for 18 plants...

learned a lot about using the leds on the first round,gonna prune the plants down to fewer branches and run the lamps a bit lower and try and manage the canopy a bit better

hayday

Veteran
Hey Hi Unk,I was wondering did you find your plants needing less water than with h. i. d. ?
I stepped into led and am curious as to whether uptake of water or nutes was any different.
I know you shook stuff up a little this run but did you maintain the same schedule?

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
not really,running the same strength and amount as i do in the 1000w hps tent,same schedule as well.

but i use mostly veganic nutes so your results may vary...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
better late than never!
end of week 10 last night...down to one lamp in the room and everything crammed over to one side and after some serious staking and tying up as the plants i moved basically fell over themselves once removed from the trellis...

so, first half of the harvest is in,and it's not as much as i would have liked to see...basically once you got below the trellis it was mostly larf...all the top buds were really nice,as dense and frosty as you would want,but below the trellis not so much...

but that was mostly user error i think,for one thing the light was too far away and the screen set way too high so most of the plants never made it to the trellis so it never got very full...on the other side where the taller plants were the plants got much chunkier...

only a couple pics...
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
next round vegging in the mars hydro tent i won...
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php
[/FONT]

got two more weeks plus a couple days to clean and spray the led room and tweak things a bit.

these plants are in general bigger than the first round,most will get topped today and they will get way more stripped at the bottom,this time i want to have basically nothing below the screen...

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When you get ready for another led I'll hook you up with a saber fixture like I built for Tony Green.

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:laughing:
funny story,i don't think the panels were all the way up for this last run!

probably should have checked that...
I never thought to mention it. All of my lights are diy projects so they run in overdrive. My 550's draw 630 watts at the wall.

nickman

Veteran
Plants look nice buddy...

I’m having the same problem pretty much over here but I’m not running LED’s... I’m using 1000watt HID’s turned down to 500...

All my tops are nice but then underneath, not so much.... lol.

I’m chalking it up to the heat and low light levels...
I’ll survive...!!!...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i harvested 5 more plants last night and they felt more substantial than the first group...

yeah,when i adjusted the panel in the tent it was like whoa! that's brighter for sure!

and for sure the heat has been a factor,i was still tweaking the ventilation in the middle of the run,and then we got a run of 100 degree days so i wasn't getting much difference in temps between lights on and off...

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Awesome run, I can't believe it wasn't at full power! I've noticed, on a lot of the YouTube L.E.D grows, people are pretty aggressive with leaf stripping above the screen as well
to get longer colas. I've also been hearing that the LEDs tend to use up Ca and Mg at faster rates because of the accelerated growth.

U

useless.gardens

mos def. if your plant(s) isnt optimum, the 300v2 gonna give you scorched leaves, on full blast, at the recommended height. plant stress bare minimum on fresh outta veg plants. im not even tapping the potential of the lamp. definitely looking at the 100v2 for the 2x2.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i will remember to check the plants vegging in the tent as i cranked that panel all the way up,its around 30 inches from the canopy right now

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
there definitely weren't any cal or mag issues though.i add a little epsom salts to each mix and use a liquid calcium supplement for pH up...exactly the same mix i use for the plants in the 1000w hps tent...

i think i could push the nutes a bit harder since i barely got any tip burn but will likely leave things as they are nute wise since it seems to keep the plants healthy enough

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
forgot to get week 11 shots last night,will get those later tonight...

only 3 plants left in the led room,just about to get it empty and reset...

sunset sherbet
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php
[/FONT]

wedding cake
picture.php
[/FONT]

Badfishy1

forgot to get week 11 shots last night,will get those later tonight...

only 3 plants left in the led room,just about to get it empty and reset...

sunset sherbet
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]View Image
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]View Image[/FONT]

wedding cake
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]View Image[/FONT]

That sunset sherb is looking proper unc! Beautiful pics throughout!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
funny story...just went to the store and when i got inside i realized i reeked of bud...the sunset and wedding cake were extra loud this round...

U

useless.gardens

LOL. just got back from wally world... somebody in checkout told me "my cologne was the best" !

chunky pigs eau de 2.0 !!!!!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well that's one thing that went right with this run...def got the terps going,adding the squid goo really helped with the flavor and aroma...

pretty sparse in there,not much longer to hit 12 weeks now...looking forward to round two so i can correct the mistakes i made in the first round..

11 weeks in...
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php
[/FONT]

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
next run vegging up under the 550,started stripping the lowers today...

picture.php
[/FONT]

Latest posts

Latest posts