What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Most Electric & Motivating Landrace Sativas Around

Rinse

Veteran
* Tanzanian Magic
* Kariba Surprise
* Malawi Gold
* Durban Poison

I think the most energetic strains are the 100% TCH, 0% CBD strains.

The Tanzanian Magics I have grown were incredibly psychedelic, and made the hairs on your arms stand on end.

Badly wanna try some Kariba and Tanzanian :ying:
Was it really auto???

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Badly wanna try some Kariba and Tanzanian :ying:
Have you grown them?
(Im guessing youve grown Tanzanian by your user name :wave:)
Was it really auto???
Hi Rinse,

Tanzanian Magic isn't actually an autoflowerer. It does flower quickly for a Sativa though. I made a lot of seeds of them last year, but this year I'll see how viable they are and the results. I still have some original seeds left.

The pheno is 50% sideways branching and 50% leader cola.

Areebok

try philippines :) there are great sativas around... esp when you go up north to where the kalingas thrive. it takes a loooong time to flower, maybe 15-20 weeks? but the high is WORTH it... the sativas there have a lemony scent to it, some yellow looking, purple etc... soaring head high, (smoking too much can freak you out) has this hint of a tingly feeling in your body when the head high simmers down... i grew one before but light leaks fucked it up and it sprouted just one leafers. I'm currently trying to grow one that is mixed with thai now.

PicosPoisonftw!

try philippines :) there are great sativas around... esp when you go up north to where the kalingas thrive. it takes a loooong time to flower, maybe 15-20 weeks? but the high is WORTH it... the sativas there have a lemony scent to it, some yellow looking, purple etc... soaring head high, (smoking too much can freak you out) has this hint of a tingly feeling in your body when the head high simmers down... i grew one before but light leaks fucked it up and it sprouted just one leafers. I'm currently trying to grow one that is mixed with thai now.

I have some landrace beans from the Sagada mtns. on the way. :dance013:

greenops

do u know how to meet up with farmers from the mountain villages? I lived in manila from 2000 - 2010 but now i'm back in europe learning indoor growing. I'm thinking i should make a trip there learn their way of growing and maybe give them some high quality seeds

maybe give them some high quality seeds

thats why none of the old school strains are around anymore....the gesture itself is very nice and i'm not at all knocking the thought process but the fact is this is why everything is watered down and is a hybrid of a hybrid....just give them some of your bud to smoke

van der Buis

that's so sad.

I notice that when I buy some jamaican (am in Amsterdam). It has nothing to do with the smoke I used to get 30 years ago. It's something like White Rhino they are feeding me from that side of the world. And I used to love that green Jamaican Sativa. To remain on topic...

I guess a mix between Oaxacan and Kerala is the sh*t to aim for.

sso

Veteran
i think i once smoked mexican, some sativa imported from the states, pretty nice stuff, mellow but outgoing (felt like my brain was floating in the ceiling) (had fun going dancing (i was about 20)

got a bagseeder going though from some sativa i got in vietnam.

wouldnt call it electrifying, but, it was more similar to coffee or amphetamin than the usual indicas.

you didnt have one before bed, you stopped smoking about 2 hours before bed. (after about an hour of not smoking (having smoked all day) you started to wind down.)

4-5 tokes and you were seeing colors in shadows and there seemed to be no ceiling to the effect.

though it was pretty racy and paranoia inducing at the beginning, it was actually a pretty good smoke for relaxing too, once you got used to it.

anyone used to indica´s and is looking for that couchlock effect is gonna toke and toke, wondering why they dont feel anything, till they suddenly find themselves funny in the head and climbing the walls (the locals say this weed drives you nuts (but since im allready pretty nuts, it wasnt a problem :D)

dunno though if its available in seedstores or anything like those strains, it was just a bag some people i know there got for me.

luckily with some seeds (basically it was like buying a bag in the 60´s (leaves and stem lol (leaves still damn smokable.. (as in 4-5 tokes and you were seeing colors (the buds were usually tiny and difficult to spot in each bag (mostly leaves and some stem and seeds))

shitty germination rates, finally got a plant i think is a female :)

pretty nice toke too for going up a mountain or swimming or something, though could make you bit tired in the head. (occasionally)

el bee

For me it was that old school mexi-brick from back in the day. There were some gems in that compressed brown mess.

I miss it. Everything I get is too narcotic, these days. Miss those prices, too.

JOJO420

Veteran
PNG.. Aka: Papua New Guinea Gold .

PNG.. Aka: Papua New Guinea Gold .

PNG for sure. It has an electrifying, uplifting sativa buzz that soars.. Too bad it is not more widespread. I have a line that is pure, but I don't know of any seed company''s that work with this line that I know of.

C

chase

PNG for sure. It has an electrifying, uplifting sativa buzz that soars.. Too bad it is not more widespread. I have a line that is pure, but I don't know of any seed company''s that work with this line that I know of.

You can find them in Mr. Nice Walkabout.

H&L

Highland Oaxacan Gold is racy but lowland genetics from the same region have proven much more trippy, especially in extracts. We made some lowland oaxacan oil that felt quite similar to amanita mushrooms.

Some of the South African sativas I've worked with were devastatingly hardcore. They were verging on the edge of psychedelia even for a seasoned smoker. After a puff or two you feel as if you are on amphetamines running around the house looking for something to do next!

I just finished a bowl of golden tiger from ACE, and its headie, speedy. I could only imagine having smoked this for my first time.

bogatin

Bushman Ciskey.
It literally electrifies you if you abuse it. Zap, zap, zap. You better start moving or else you look like army of ants attacked you. Plus side is it grows in higher latitudes and is a fast finisher (the one that was brought and worked on in europe of course).

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
On my experiencie the most motivating sativas are hands down some africans as the Congolese, Angolese, Malawi, Zamal and South Indian sativas too.

The south east sativas like Thai, Lao, Vietnam are close but more dreamy/heady and not that much "I can't stop dancing, doing things" effect.

Mexicans and some others as old jamaican lines need to be mentioned too, clear and happy effect. Colombians, Nepalese or Hawaians for sure are great too but I don't have broad experience with them.

Peace.

idiit

Veteran
^from what i've researched mustafunk's perspectives are right on.

zamalito says a great red haired mex has the most electric highs he ever experienced.

la mano negra's congolese like green sumpreme stated has a great reputation. afropips congo pointe noire is ap's fav.breeding strain and afropips offers chiseki as well. see correction edited. tropical seeds, not afropips and beware of ripoff sites.

i don't know of anyone selling a good pure electric red haired mex.

some good poly-sat hybrids like cbg's destroyer deserve mention.

the nepalese is used by a lot of breeders for good bud structure and a great uplifting high. the spear shaped pheno of mandala's satori is reputed to have great effects as requested in this thread. mandala's satori looks awesome. the bat pheno is not as sativa-ish but still excellent.

manga rosa was available from bsc and has a great uplifting high. there are some phenos of mr that have awesome potent up enjoyable highs. manga rosa loves humidity and heat. very hardy against fungus as well.

some good poly-sat hybrids like destroyer from cbg deserve mention and oth hz pure and even better in hybrids per dubi at ace..

pure lr strains available:

congo pointe noire, chiseki: afropips. wrong. cpn no longer available from tropical seeds per my followup research. see correction edited.

nepalese: mandala for one

zamal (gerrits cut): ace seeds zamaldelica special pheno.

i found one pheno easily out of zamaldelica. might havesome meao thai in it but really looks like a strong leaning zamal pheno.

burmese: visc, bsc

edited to correct: the ciseki is still available from tropical seeds, not afropips. the congo pointe noire is no longer available it seems. the sites advertising congo pointe noire are probably rip off sites and you need to check seedbank reviews before ordering any seeds.

cannabisnz

I have grown mostly landraces and pure sativas (sativaXsativa) for thirty plus years. The most electric and psychadelic by miles that I've grown is landrace Indonesian. It's like injecting speed though you have to pick the plant because they differ a lot. Sumatran tripping weed is pure LSD weed with no ceiling. PNG Gold is very similar. As far as I'm concerned that region has the best weed in the world and will leave any Haze for dead.

I have tried and grown mex, thai (many, many strains), Laos, Vietnamese, Nepalese, Swazi and Malawi in pure form... among others. Indonesian strains are almost indestructable and grow almost anywhere and are totally mold resistant. Some plants flower fast and some take forever. A lot go hermi but that's never worried me.

The only issue I have with Indonesian and PNG strains is that they have very small seeds and thus have very small calyxs as compared to some pure Thais that have huge seeds and calyxs which gives much bigger buds overall.

I had thousands of pure landrace Indonesian seed and grew it for over ten years without realising that it was rare and sought after. I lost the lot in a bust.

Would really, really like to get some seed again. It has awesome smell and flavour but smokes very harsh. Old school Thai Stick is stronger but not so racey.

cannabisnz

Latest posts

Latest posts