What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Fiddynut

thanks for the kind words guys, i cant wait to sample some of the outdoor
at the rate they are going, it shouldent be too long before the first plants come down

those ladies are looking great rode'
how much longer do you think they have in veg? they look like they are going to be heavy in their yield and i hope they bring you lots of joy!
i love the solar powered air pump, man! can you describe your set up in a little more detail?

kick ass fiddy! overtime is when the money gets sweet, but they tax the shit out of it here in cali
/just like everything else
like you said, make that money while you can brother
how long have you had the tony green seeds?
i remember when he used to post here on IC_Mag and was always curious about his gear
are you going to hold any clones of the older stuff or do you just move on?
btw, how is the ol'lady doing? i hope you guys are having a great summer, do you have any date nights planned?

sounds like a good mix in the garden, p'fan
ive never even heard of cobra lips so i hope you can post up a pic or two
the new cross sounds dank! ive grown out G13 back in the day and its one of those plants i wish i held onto
double dos-i-do pie sounds like an interesting cross as well, have you had a chance to sample the finished product?
even if you werent able to get the strain you were hoping for, it sounds like you have some good stuff in the pipeline!
hope your summer is kicking ass and everyone is digging on the new place

so we watch the new thor the other day
im not really a big fan of comic book superheros, but this was a really fun movie
a decent story line and some cool effects, its one would definitely recommend watching

Good afternoon pop_rocks.

That's great you are getting closer to sample time on some of your outdor girls. I am going over to my friends to check on the outdoor granola funk plants and give them a feeding. I'll try to get a couple pics.
Yes for sure the overtime is nice. I live off the overtime, I'd just be able to pay bills without it but I'd be eating beans and wieners for dinner if I didn't get the OT. I wish it wasn't so busy at the same time I want to be enjoying summer but that's life. I'm sure they will tax the shit out of me but that's normal and not worth worrying about. Uncle Sam always gets his.:)
I've had these Tony green seeds about a year and a half. I grew a batch a year ago and these were the first plants that I was able to identify a couple male parts on the lowers. I freaked out and pitches the clones that I made of them and all but one plant that only had a couple. I picked the male parts off for the first time on that grow and the buds turned out great. I had really stressed them with way too much feeding and a shit load of cal/mag and drought stress. A lot of people are finding great plants in these seeds and I want to see what is left in that pack. Tony is still pretty active here on icmag and especially in his gorilla bubble thread.
For now I'm keeping all 5 of the moms for the granola funk plants around untill after they are harvested and cured. Then I'll decide which is best and keep one or two depending on what I get. I've got 3/5 on this run and I'll run the other 2 on the next. I've got my eye on a couple of them that are staying nice and low for me but flavor, potency, and buzz will be the deciding factors in what I keep around.
The wife is doing pretty well the last week or two. We've had a couple movie nights and we're going to go t a concert last week but she wasn't up to it. We do have a weekend at the cabin planned in a few weeks that should be nice.

Fiddynut

Update and pics.

Update and pics.

Greetings friends.

Just a quick update on what is going on in the jungle. The GF's in flower are doing well and the buds are starting to fatten up. They have another 3-4 weeks to go I'm thinking. They are drinking as much water as anything I've grown so far. They are getting really frosty. Here are a couple shots of the tent full and a close up.

The 5 granola funk moms are getting way too big. I'm going to do a couple more rounds of clones from them and than ditch the old moms and use the new clones as the new moms. I plan on just keeping the best one or two but won't know which those are untill after my next flower run.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
hot damn,man! those ars some pretty big mamas!!
i would love to see them complete her life cycle; you should put them into the flower tent! give them a good topping and them set them to 12/12
the close up looks fantastic,fiddy!
this is the same granolla funk that p'fan is growing out right now?
same seed batch or jsut the same breeder? that looks so nice, if it turns out to be a keeper i might have to take a long bike ride one day out to where you are at and pick up a cut; ahahaha
/it reminds me of this plant a friend grew out called alien grapevine
hope she is a ass kicker
that is great that you and the mrs had some fun time together
what movie did you guys see
me and the mrs walked to a pho' place last night
she loves the soup and i got a good grilled pork dish with rice; it was a nice time
i rolled up a nice fatty for the walk home and it was just about the perfect mid summer night
tomorrow is thursday night and the start of preseason football
i cant wait for the 2018 season to begin

Fiddynut

hot damn,man! those ars some pretty big mamas!!
i would love to see them complete her life cycle; you should put them into the flower tent! give them a good topping and them set them to 12/12
the close up looks fantastic,fiddy!
this is the same granolla funk that p'fan is growing out right now?
same seed batch or jsut the same breeder? that looks so nice, if it turns out to be a keeper i might have to take a long bike ride one day out to where you are at and pick up a cut; ahahaha
/it reminds me of this plant a friend grew out called alien grapevine
hope she is a ass kicker
that is great that you and the mrs had some fun time together
what movie did you guys see
me and the mrs walked to a pho' place last night
she loves the soup and i got a good grilled pork dish with rice; it was a nice time
i rolled up a nice fatty for the walk home and it was just about the perfect mid summer night
tomorrow is thursday night and the start of preseason football
i cant wait for the 2018 season to begin

Good afternoon pop_rocks.

Yes the moms are out of control for sure. I've seen threads on bonsai moms and I need to learn some things and put them to use. Either that or I need more lights and space for my moms:)
I'd love to grow them out as well but I think the next best thing is growing out cuts off of them. They are allready bigger than many of my plants at the end of the flower cycle. If I knew someone else with some space to do outdoor I'd gladly give them to them and see what kind of trees they would make.
These granola funk are from the same pack as PF's plants. I sent him 1/2 of the pack I had when he sent me the cobra lips and a few others. That's why we were joking about how all of mine were girls and that there might not be any girls left in the pack for him.

@Packerfan. Have you sexed them and did you get any lady's from the GF's?

A bike ride from SD to mil-town would be epic, 2500 miles of getting to see the country. It might take a month but that's part of the fun. We shal see how these tourn out and if they are anything great I'll send you a cuts once it cools down some. I'd love to see how someone else's grow turns out with the same clone I'm growing. Alien grapevine is a great name for a strain and it sounds like it was some good shit.

The wife and I have been watching a couple Netflix series but I can't remember the name of them. We are looking forward to getting up to the cabin for a long weekend in a few weeks.

That pho place sounds good, I love pork and rice. Come to think of it I haven't had Asian food out or at home in a long time. Maybe I'll pick up some pea pods and pork loin and make something inspired soon. Glad you guys had a good time!

Not sure if I'll be watching football tonight but I'll be ready by the time the real season starts.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
that would be great if you could find a space large enough to grow those mamas out
with their established root system in place they would produce bit time
that is so cool that you two have the same plants, i hope p'fan has a few ladies in his mix
i think the strain was called grapevine and it was mixed with alienOG;i could be wrong but i think thats what he said
it came out super dank and had this friuty/ dank taste; not a big yeilder but nice buds
it would take a while to ride out there but it would be one hell of a trip; 2500/30 would be about 80m/day
mrsChicky and the girl watch a few of the series on netflix/ prime
one of the is called strang things and is very 80's out
i havent been able to get into it but it looks ok
pho' is a very popular vietnameese soup and its bomb
its super simple but has a lot of great flavor
you can buy bouillon cube that are for making pho (a friend once gave me a box, but it was in vietnamese) but an easy hack would be to use beef brother with like mint
add a bunch of thin slices meats, bean sprouts, cilantro and rice vermicelli noodles and its close
one more day to go guys and then its the weekend
do you have any plans for the time off or are you going to be riding the OT train again
hope you are having a great day
that goes for the rest of you fellows too: packfan,rode, badfish and anyone else whos following along
/same to the rest of you guys who used to post and kind of disappeared, stop by and say hello; we miss your contributions

packerfan79

Veteran
What's up jungle mates,

@ Fiddynuts I haven't sexed the plants yet. I need to light proofing then I can flip them.Things have been crazy lately. I have been extremely stressed, between stupidity at work, and court drama involving my nephews crazy shit all around.

I am looking for a new job. I have a 2nd interview Monday. This has been a rough year so far. It has flew bye at least. Hopefully the new job will help boost my outlook.

@ pop rocks, I tried a joint of the dos-i-do when I picked up the seeds. It was pretty tasty and potent The double-dos-i-pie is a new creation, they will get poppedin a few weeks. . My buddy is starting to run some of the seeds now. I am hoping to find a cherry pie dominant pheno.

Hope all you guys are doing well. We are doing a family reunion beach thing Saturday. So, that should be fun. Kids are excited.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
that sucks man about the job man, thats messing with your money and i hope you come out on top
second interviews are always a good sign tho,all the best luck brother!
hopefully the "nephews crazy shit" sorts itself out, but sometimes kids need a firm direction in life; thus little dude has been through a lot
the family reunion beach thing sounds awesome, especially with this heat!
/where are you guys going?
this strain sounds awesome, p'fan, is the double dos-i-do crossed with a prime example of itself?

packerfan79

Veteran
that sucks man about the job man, thats messing with your money and i hope you come out on top
second interviews are always a good sign tho,all the best luck brother!
hopefully the "nephews crazy shit" sorts itself out, but sometimes kids need a firm direction in life; thus little dude has been through a lot
the family reunion beach thing sounds awesome, especially with this heat!
/where are you guys going?
this strain sounds awesome, p'fan, is the double dos-i-do crossed with a prime example of itself?

The problem isn't with the boys, the problem is a crazy wack job family court judge. He took the boys from my bro in law and sent CPS to interrogate his girlfriend's kids. The judge is threatening to override the stipulations of the boys moms plea agreement.

The boys are with my mother in law for at least 6months. I guess we should be grateful they aren't in foster care.

The double dos-i-pie is dos-i-do x( cherry pie x dos-i-do)

We are going to Salt Creek state beach. I have never been their before. I guess it's south of Laguna and north of Carlsbad. It's a last minute thing. My cousin who never comes around has a dream where his dad( who died last year) came and told him to get right with the family. It's ironic because most of the family hadn't seen him for about 6 years when he died. He had a dope habit and bi-polar, paranoid schizophrenia. The dope is what killed him.

Are you guys cooling off yet. The weather has been crazy here. Fires everywhere. Seems like the whole damn state is on fire.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i know salt creek well, good surf
plus its always fun to camp on the beach
its still hot here but at least im not worried about the fires
maybe the MIL is the best place for the boys right now=
//thats weird about the judge threatening to overriding a previous agreement, and sending cps out...WTF!
is he going to be able to join you guys at the beach?

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.

Happy Friday. I got a chance to go over to my firends house this morning and have a look at the GF plants. Thay are looking good, but no sighs of flowering yet. The days are still too long up here. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will start flowering soon. Then it's up to Mother Nature to keep the conditions right for them. They are all between 4 and 5 feet tall already. Here are a couple pics of them.

@pop_rocks. I've seen both seasons of stranger things and it's pretty well done, a little far out there but the actors do a good job. Plus I love the 80's it reminds me of when I was a kid and we rode our bikes everywhere and we were so innocent back then. As we've talked about before I really miss the days before the Internet and cell phones and all that technology. Things were so simple then and we were much more free to do what we wanted, not on camera every second of our lives like today.
Pho' sounds good but I'm always afrade that stuff like that is going to be fishy tasting. I always see fish sauce and stuff like "fish powder" in the ingredients. If I could make with beef or chicken broth, meats,veg and noodles that sounds really good.
I'm working a shitload of hours today and tomorrow but I'm planning on getting a good ride in on Sunday. Going to be a short weekend for me.
I hope your finishing your week strong and you have a great weekend brother...Fiddy.

@Packerfan. Sorry to hear that the job and nephew situation is sucking for you. Keep your head down and keep pushing you will get through this and be stronger for it. A second interview is a good thing and maybe this new opportunity will be the right one for you. A family reunion at the beach sounds great. Have fun enjoy time with family...Fiddy.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening tribe!
i am so glad its finally the weekend; work has been busy and im glad to have a couple days off
there is going to be a meteor shower this weekend so if you cna find some place dark away from city lights, be sure to check it out
we will be heading down to the beach to watch fish spawn and should have a good view of the night sky
im not too excited about the fish but the mrs and the girl really want to go

yeah fiddy, thats the show
it looks good but its hard for me to get into most tv programs
i agree that life was so much better in a lot of ways back then
but technology has beena game changer and it would be impossible to put the genie back into the bottle now
its great being able to find all sorts of information in seconds on the internet and enjoy being able to reach out to like minded people through forums like this one
but i think a lot of people have mistaken the internet as a substitue for actually living life or forming their own ideas
/i think social media is ruining an entire generation
the girls are looking great fiddy, about how big are they
i hope your friend is having fun watching her babies grow and i can see them producing some nice tops
our plants are almost all throwing nice early flower clusters and the bhodi is starting to smell
we got some new pics last night so i will post them up as soon as i can
yeah the pho i had was made with beef brother and mint; im sure htere are different soup bases but i dont like fishy things either
i kind of deconstructed the taste the other night and the beef broth with fresh mint was a good place to start

when are you guys heading out to salt creek, p'fan?
hope you all have fun and the surf is coming up this past week
plus the ocean water is bath tube warm and im hearing from friends that the fishing is going off (there are some pretty nice tuna to be found off shore)

hope everyone is having a great summer so far
stay safe and be cool fellows!

packerfan79

Veteran
happening tribe!
i am so glad its finally the weekend; work has been busy and im glad to have a couple days off
there is going to be a meteor shower this weekend so if you cna find some place dark away from city lights, be sure to check it out
we will be heading down to the beach to watch fish spawn and should have a good view of the night sky
im not too excited about the fish but the mrs and the girl really want to go

yeah fiddy, thats the show
it looks good but its hard for me to get into most tv programs
i agree that life was so much better in a lot of ways back then
but technology has beena game changer and it would be impossible to put the genie back into the bottle now
its great being able to find all sorts of information in seconds on the internet and enjoy being able to reach out to like minded people through forums like this one
but i think a lot of people have mistaken the internet as a substitue for actually living life or forming their own ideas
/i think social media is ruining an entire generation
the girls are looking great fiddy, about how big are they
i hope your friend is having fun watching her babies grow and i can see them producing some nice tops
our plants are almost all throwing nice early flower clusters and the bhodi is starting to smell
we got some new pics last night so i will post them up as soon as i can
yeah the pho i had was made with beef brother and mint; im sure htere are different soup bases but i dont like fishy things either
i kind of deconstructed the taste the other night and the beef broth with fresh mint was a good place to start

when are you guys heading out to salt creek, p'fan?
hope you all have fun and the surf is coming up this past week
plus the ocean water is bath tube warm and im hearing from friends that the fishing is going off (there are some pretty nice tuna to be found off shore)

hope everyone is having a great summer so far
stay safe and be cool fellows!

Hey Pop Rocks,

We got out about 830, the beach was awesome. You're not joking about the surf being good. We got hit with some big waves. We sent up on the grass area, and had lunch. No alcohol, so we had to solo cup the beers. Nobody messed with us. It was nice to see the family. A few people were missing. It was last minute thing so some people couldn't make it. The weather was perfect as was the water. We are making our annual mission beach trip next month. We are looking for a cheap tent camper. We want to do a trip to pismo next summer. I want to do at least 4-5 days.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
thats cool that you guys got to enjoy a day at the beach
do the boys like the ocean
it was going off these past few days and i had a couple fun sessions on a boogie board
no wet suit; just trunks, fins and the water, it felt so good to be out there
as long as you arent making a scene, i find you can drink almost anyplace you want as long as you are discreet
hope you and the fam are having a great summer,bruh
when do the boys go back to school?

packerfan79

Veteran
thats cool that you guys got to enjoy a day at the beach
do the boys like the ocean
it was going off these past few days and i had a couple fun sessions on a boogie board
no wet suit; just trunks, fins and the water, it felt so good to be out there
as long as you arent making a scene, i find you can drink almost anyplace you want as long as you are discreet
hope you and the fam are having a great summer,bruh
when do the boys go back to school?

The kids had a blast. They love the water. We are going swimming this afternoon. Kids go back to school tomorrow. My oldest boy is starting 3rd grade. My daughter is starting 2nd, and my baby boy is starting kindergarten. I am taking the day off for the interview, so I get to take them to their first day. It was a great day, we got home late, everyone slept till 7 . That never happens.

We have been dealing with a ton of shit lately. I am trying to make it a good summer inspite of the bullshit.

So, me and my buddy are talking about doing some breeding. Possibly starting a new venture. We have a mutual friend who has a ton of clone only strains. The has over 150 strains. So if we can find a few good studs we could make a massive batch of different strains. The flower market is pretty weak right now. I have mostly close friends and family as customers now. I cut off the people who were irritating when we moved.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
"I cut off the people who were irritating when we moved."
makes perfect sence, why bring the headaches with you?
that is great that you get to take the guys to school on the first day! sounds like you have the first few grades just about covered
i hope the interview goes well and you guys have a great day tomorrow
seed breeding sounds like a great idea, beans are wroth serious money and take a lot less space

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.

I hope everyone had a great weekend! With all the extra work last week and Saturday I didn't have a much of a weekend but I did get a good 12+ mile mtn bike ride in on Sunday.

@pop_rocks. You are right that technology is a double edged sword so to speak that has given us things like icmag, Fitbits, GPS and other cool things. It has also given us social media and other things that take our freedoms away and, like you said, has messed with and ruined this younger generation. I guess your right that we can't put the genie back into the bottle anymore.
The GF plants at my friends are about 4'-5' tall already. No sign of flowers yet but they smell really good. In fact I'm suprised that they smell so much being outside, I could see them stinking up a room in the house but I can smell them from 25' away when I'm walking up to them. My friend seems to really enjoy having the plants and watching them grow. Looking forward to seeing some more pics of your buddies girls.
Beef broth and mint sound like an interisting combination. I don't recall ever using mint in a savory dish but I could see how it would work. I will have to keep that in mind and experiment with the mint sometime. Beef broth is something that I've always felt needed to be made from scratch, the canned stuff just dosent taste like anything.

@Packerfan. I'm glad you and your family had a great time at the beach. That sounds like a cool place, except the no alcohol rule, but a nice place to get some water fun in. Good luck with your interview today! If it's meant to be it will happen brother. You have a great outlook and attitude when you aren't letting all the crap ruin your summer. Second week of August sounds early to be back to school but the kids around here are back today as well, back in my day we didn't start untill first week of September.
I think that you should defenatley try some breeding. I'd like to sign up to be your first seed tester. I can stress and torture test plants with the best of them LOL.

packerfan79

Veteran
Greetings friends.

I hope everyone had a great weekend! With all the extra work last week and Saturday I didn't have a much of a weekend but I did get a good 12+ mile mtn bike ride in on Sunday.

@pop_rocks. You are right that technology is a double edged sword so to speak that has given us things like icmag, Fitbits, GPS and other cool things. It has also given us social media and other things that take our freedoms away and, like you said, has messed with and ruined this younger generation. I guess your right that we can't put the genie back into the bottle anymore.
The GF plants at my friends are about 4'-5' tall already. No sign of flowers yet but they smell really good. In fact I'm suprised that they smell so much being outside, I could see them stinking up a room in the house but I can smell them from 25' away when I'm walking up to them. My friend seems to really enjoy having the plants and watching them grow. Looking forward to seeing some more pics of your buddies girls.
Beef broth and mint sound like an interisting combination. I don't recall ever using mint in a savory dish but I could see how it would work. I will have to keep that in mind and experiment with the mint sometime. Beef broth is something that I've always felt needed to be made from scratch, the canned stuff just dosent taste like anything.

@Packerfan. I'm glad you and your family had a great time at the beach. That sounds like a cool place, except the no alcohol rule, but a nice place to get some water fun in. Good luck with your interview today! If it's meant to be it will happen brother. You have a great outlook and attitude when you aren't letting all the crap ruin your summer. Second week of August sounds early to be back to school but the kids around here are back today as well, back in my day we didn't start untill first week of September.
I think that you should defenatley try some breeding. I'd like to sign up to be your first seed tester. I can stress and torture test plants with the best of them LOL.

Thanks Fiddynuts, we had a great time at the beach. Good thing you could at least get 1 ride in. You, Pop rocks, Badfishy, Rhodehazard, and Floridian. Were my first thought. As testers. I would say the amateur label has been ripped off. I seen some darkness out of you lately.

So it just wound up being the kids first day, got to take them to school. My interview was at 1230. I guess it went ok. Not really sure. It was pretty short.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
sounds like you had a full plate today, p'fan
hope the young'uns all had a great first day back to school
/what did the kids think of their new school? does the girl like being in kindergarden?
its cool man, with your kids spread out through the grades like that, you might see the same teachers next year

thats what it tasted like when i had it the other night, beef broth and mint
it wasnt a salty broth like an au'jus but more like a light beef broth with some mint and other basic flavors
i would start with a real basic broth and add in the mint and cooked noodles; throw some chopped green onions and bean sprouts
thats great that your plants announce their presence and your friend is enjoying the grow show
do you remember when the plants started flowering outside last year?

my friend finally sent the pics from last friday and the girls are all doing well
i did some minor defoliation to clean things up and open the canopy a bit
its been super hot this summer so we are doing all we can to keep the air flowing and the plants watered

here are the tahoe girls
picture.php

View image in gallery

this is the bhodi girl,she smells realy nice
/we got close ups of the flower clusters but i will have to sort through the images more

this is the malawi

and finally,they peyote purple (rachael_p)
she has definitely grown the most over the past week
i cant believe how much she took off once she got settled in, i can only imagine how this plant might have looked if she got off to a better start
/i am definitely going to run her again later,either from clone or a new seed

hope everyone is starting their week off on the right foot

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.

I hope everyone's week is off to a good start. I had a dentist appointment this morning but had time for a good mtn bike ride first. I was riding some very tight technical trails and I averaged under 7 min/mile for the first time. I usually putt allong when riding by myself so it was nice to push a bit.

I will do an update soon but I've been really busy in the jungle lately. I put the clones for the next run in soil last night and I'm going to take another round of cuts so that they can be the new moms. The moms and the girls in flower are needing water about every two days and now that the new cones are in dirt they will need regular watering too. All this watering and stuff means I've got work to do in the garden every day.

@Packerfan. Thanks for the kind words brother. I attribute any dankness in the jungle to the breeders and the people who have helped me allong the way. And dumb luck of course LOL.
Maybe a short interview is a good sign. If they like you there is no need to spend all day talking, right? But I know what you mean when you say you aren't really sure how it went. I'll keep sending positive thoughts your way buddy.

@pop_rocks. Last year we grew a few autos so no real idea when photos will start to flower here. I'll get out there later this week or this weekend and check things out and hopefully I'll start seeing some signs. Your plants are looking nice! I can really see the flowers starting to pop out of them. I'm glad the bodhi girl is smelling great! How often is your buddy watering them? When I did tomatoe in 5 gallon pots I'd have to water twice a day and I still had problems keeping the soil from drying out.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
thanks man, the girls are growing out nicely
he waters about once a day, usually early in the morning
hes missed the odd day because of other appointments but hes pretty consistent
this is where it starts to get really fun with all the plants starting to set flower
we have changed the feeding a few weeks ago and are looking forward to some nice buds to set in
plus the heat is finally starting to break and hopefully the nights will start to get nice and cool, (last night i actually felt cold and had to put on a long sleeve shirt)
hopefully this will bring out some nice colors
sounds like a fun ride, i like the tight techy stuff too, especially if its about modulating speed through fast and slow sections
we have a place we will call "duck pond" where we like to ride that is super tight single track, it a little out there so once we reach the spot we will ride around it a few times
each time around you find a better line

Latest posts

Latest posts