What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

packerfan79

Veteran
What's up jungle mates,

I have another interview on Thursday. This is for a better position. Mon-Fri 5 to 230. I was kinda freaking out about working nights. I am hoping things go well. I appreciate the positive vibes.

Hope everyone is having a great week. I am. Enjoying a few ice cold Modelos chilling on the porch. Finally getting a brake from the heat.

@ pop rocks, I am interested to see what you get from the LT, she yielded 3 ounces vs. 2 ounces on the black triangle and the jungle spice( 88g13hp crosses). I am thinking you are going to see some good yields

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
oh yeah! these all look like nice plants, p'fan
the love triangle looks great: a fast finisher with good size
/also: the lt and malawi are in three gallon buckets while the other plats are in 5g pails
!thanks again brother!

Rodehazrd

Hello Jungle Tribe
Wow Poprocks that malawi is going to be a monster come November.
I want to try some but still working my way up to the more difficult strains. I thought I dialed in the Bangi fairly well so far but the stretch has just begun and I see some yellow fans on the very bottom. My earlier run of bangi didn't want much feed I think I mistakenly applied that logic to Sats in general but the Oaxacan seems to defy that logic.

How are you feeding the malawi? any different than the others?
My Oaxacan indoor is loving the fish hydrolysate and is way more vigorous than I thought a landrace would be I'm having issues keeping the light high enough off them while the older plants finish I gotta get some lst going but won't have room to spread them out for a couple more weeks when I harvest. I only found two of the ten so far to be male so may be I'll get more room that way. I am keeping the males outdoor on the other side of the ridge from the Bangi's till its mating time.

On the Pho, and I have this on the advice of one who has lived in Asia many years.

To make real Pho you have to start with bone broth. A bag of beef bones in the slowcooker for 18 hours is a good start 24 is better. You just can't get there without the bones. The flavor is so much better. And some folks really swear by it as a health fix. Like a chicken soup on steroids.

Good luck PF on the job and Fiddy sounds like you're due some time off.
Happy Growing:tiphat::tiphat:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
bone broth! thats it brother
it was really mild for beef broth and i can see how the bones would make the flavor just right
still a touch beefy, (you can tell it was beef) but not quite the same as beef stock
its a very subtle flavor
i wonder if you could use the left over bones from say a bbq rack of beef ribs?
that might be too smokey for true pho, but lets call our faux pho'
its funny you mention the malawi because i had to instruct my friend to feed her the usual feeding, now its the flower formula (all the girls get this), plus a good drop of dr earth general nutrient on the regular
last week i suggested he use this treat on all of the plants, but the malawi gets it with every feeding
lets remember that when we call something like oaxacan a landrace, we are still talking about generations of selective breeding;the oaxaca region of mexico has a long tradition with weed going back a long long time
hope she produces for you,man; good oaxacan can be really something special
/especially for us indica smokers!

Rodehazrd

Poprocks

You gota get fresh bones its the raw marrow you want if you check at the butcher they likely have them bagged up as bone broth is very popular with the new generation.I'm told in Ho Chi Min City every home has a slo cooker going most of the time full of bones.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
thanks for the tip, this sounds like a great thing to do this fall when i can just let the pot simmer

Rodehazrd

Hello Tribe

I just went out the ridge after 3" rain in 12 hours and found this.
My bottom tub was lippin full and the storm split Bangi was in a bowl of soup.
I modified the lower tub with a one inch hole saw and as the water went down I straightened up the plant and taped her back together with some duct tape about half way up the stem then I added a small strip at the top of the split as tight as I could squeeze it. I left the top and sides of the split open to the air is that a mistake?
I added the cage I already had ready to go when she put on some weight. Should have been done long ago.

Attachments

• IMG_2489 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_2489 - Copy.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2491 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_2491 - Copy.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2493 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_2493 - Copy.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2494 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_2494 - Copy.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 11

Rodehazrd

bone broth! thats it brother
it was really mild for beef broth and i can see how the bones would make the flavor just right
still a touch beefy, (you can tell it was beef) but not quite the same as beef stock
its a very subtle flavor
i wonder if you could use the left over bones from say a bbq rack of beef ribs?
that might be too smokey for true pho, but lets call our faux pho'
its funny you mention the malawi because i had to instruct my friend to feed her the usual feeding, now its the flower formula (all the girls get this), plus a good drop of dr earth general nutrient on the regular
last week i suggested he use this treat on all of the plants, but the malawi gets it with every feeding
lets remember that when we call something like oaxacan a landrace, we are still talking about generations of selective breeding;the oaxaca region of mexico has a long tradition with weed going back a long long time
hope she produces for you,man; good oaxacan can be really something special
/especially for us indica smokers!

I just thought it was inbred over long periods and I didn't expect the vigor I usually see in the seed runs of f1 hybrids. The seeds didn't look all that mature either mostly smallish and green. But here comes zipolite like a freight train. I did change the mix to include the bone char and feather meal along with my normal overdose of fish hydrolysate. But nothing else responded like the zipolite.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
that sucks man, i dont see the split but i tihnk leaving it open was the right thing to do
if you completely sealed it, it could have moisture trapped inside, that would not be good at all
as long as its attached to the main stem and has support it should finish off just fine
hope they hang in there, looks like some nice plants man

packerfan79

Veteran
Well Jungle mates,
The week is almost over. One more day. I think my interview went well fingers crossed. I was pleasantly surprised this job is 6-11 $ pay increase over what I am making now. Unfortunately its night shift and weekends. I think it's worth it. It's maintenance, and I will have an assistant tech.

@ Rhodehazard broken branches stuck. Sorry the weather fucked them up. Hopefully they will fully recover.

I am eager to get tomorrow done. We are having a party time to get fucked up.

nickman

Veteran
I think she will be fine RD... I’ve had plants splits right down the middle of the main stem... I just tie or tape them back together and they were good to go...

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
just wanted to post the recent pics from my friends backyard
there is a noticeable smell when you step out onto his porch...
i found a moth larvae on on of the girls so we are going to give them an early morning spray of BT, also one bud looked like it has some rot in the center
my friend said he dosent water at night but said he might have misted them once or twice when it was really hot
if hes just watering the soil line its not that big a deal to water later in the day, but i told him not to get any moisture on the buds
it could have been a caterpillar or bud rot, either way i wasnt taking any chances
we trimmed off the infected cluster and i will be sure to keep an eye on the branch
otherwise, nothing unusual to report
so lets see how the girls are doing,

the tahoe twins (rachael_t/T2)

here is the bodhi love triangle

she is bristling with flowers and throws off a nice smell, i still think this one if going to be the first to finish, but the tahoe_ogs are not that far behind

rachael_M
she is filling in too but still looks like she is a way away from finishing; we have set her back a step in the feeding schedule

finally, the peyote critical
this girl is really making up for lost time and bushing out nicely
even tho this one used to be the smallest plant in the group, she loved the transition to the larger pail
she is just about as large as the other plants started weeks before her
cant wait to see how she smokes

this one goes out to our man, fiddy
take a second to appreciate the things around us that we love the most
love you,bruh!

Fiddynut

Update and pics.

Update and pics.

Greetings friends.

I hope everyone is well and so are your gardens. I want to say thank you again for all the kind words and positive thoughts over the last few days from Pop, Rode, Pack and the Fish. Y'all are great friends. The wife and I are doing pretty good, we miss him a lot and it's sad not having him around but are also glad that he isn't suffering. Maybe he was telling us that it's time to rescue another dog soon and knew we wouldn't untill he was gone.

Things are going pretty nicley in the jungle. The first 4 granola funks are getting close to finishing. 2 of them closer than the other 2 which I like because it makes harvest easier when I do 2 at a time. I've been giving them straight water for the last week or so and I'm thinking another week untill I take the first 2 down. I ended up with 5 lady's from the 1/2 pack of seeds and I ran two #2's one #3 and one #4 in this first run. For the next run I have two #1's and two #6's that are all rooted and vegging in 6" pots. I really like the structure on the 4 and 6 plants they are more branchy and are staying nice and short. Here are a couple pics of them and a couple bud shots.

The first bud shot is from the #3 and the second is from one of the #2's. I'm suprised at how purple they are getting since this is the hottes time of the year in the garden. If I get a keeper it should be interisting to run them in winter when temps are lower and see how colorful they get. The first group shot is of the #2's in the back of the tent. They are the tallest of the bunch and the colas are getting fat and heavy. In the last pic the one on the front right is the short #4 and its up on a 12' box to get her to the night of the others.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
good to have you back brother!
im glad to hear you and the wife are grieving and working through your loss, its a sad time and i know how much you loved rufus
some days will be better than others; you know we are all here for you,friend (especially on those bad days)

wow, im really diggin on the colors too, fiddy
especially of the #2 (second shot); if she is that colorful now i cant wait to see how she looks when she really starts her fade
and like you said, if you had cooler temps you would probably see even more colors
the whole garden shots are looking good too and im seeing a lot of fat buds!
glad you have cuts of this strain, she is looking really good!

Fiddynut

Good afternoon pop_rocks.

Thanks brother, it's nice to be back! I missed you and the tribe while I was out. It's always a big adjustment getting use to a family member not being there anymore. He is no longer by our side but forever in our hearts.

The colors are nice aren't they. They must be genetically programmed for that since it's not cool in the jungle this time of year. It looks like they are going to yeild nicley as well. The #3 has this really nice blueberry-lemonade scent when I rub her and I'm really looking forward to smelling and tasting the finished product. My plants seem to fade on the early side so even though they have only been on water for a week they have been fed really light the whole grow so they should fade really quickly. You are right I'm seeing a lot of fat buds in the tent, in fact I've been watering them in the tent because I'm afrade to move them out and possable snap one of the colas off. These girls are pretty floppy. I'm really glad I have cuts too, I have a feeling that there will be one or two that I'm going to run a few times. I hope all is well with you and the rest of the tribe...Fiddy.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i know how you feel, its almost one year ago that ukie passed on
i still look at the spot we laid her to rest in the yard and even go out back and say hello every now and then
you are right brother, they will always be with us in our hearts
we are coming up on a long weekend and im ready for the time off
the mrs is getting next friday off in addition to monday, but it looks like work has me tied up for that day (i might take an extra day off on my own)
do you have any plans?
in some places labor day marks the unoffical end of summer; here in so cal it just means less traffic and more parking spots at the beach
that sounds dank man, blueberries and lemon are a nice mix
i dont blame you for not wanting to move them too much at this point
im glad tomorrow is friday, i live for the weekends and me and the mrs will be visiting my friends house for dinner (i will be sure to get some recent pics)
hope you have a great day f'nut~

Fiddynut

Good afternoon pop_rocks.

I think it's important to remember the good things that our dogs teach us. Having a resting place to visit them like you have is a great idea and going out and saying hello is a great way to show respect. I also want to try to find ways to help other dogs that need it in his memory. I don't have a lot of cash to donate so I'll have to find other ways to help. I might even be interisted in fostering dogs or something like that.

I'm ready for a long weekend too brother. Work is starting to slow down a bit and I've actually got a 2 day weekend for Labor Day (Sunday and Monday) and the following weekend I've got a 3 day weekend and we are going up to the cabin. I'm glad you and the Mrs are going to get some time together for the Holliday. Take the extra day if you can.

Labor Day is kind of the end of summer here, we still get a lot of nice weather but the kids go back to school and cooler weather is on the way, especially cool nights. I'm really looking forward to some fall mtn biking when it's cooler and the trees start dropping leaves.

I find myself living for the weekends too and I'm glad it's almost here. I need to catch up on some rest and relaxation after the last week or so. I hope you and the Mrs have a great time at your buddies house and I look forward to seeing some pics of y'alls plants.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
we finally made it to the weekend!
we stopped by my friends house last night and the plants look great
we got a bunch of pics and i will post them up when my buddy sends them to me
all of the plants are stacking flowers up and getting frosty, i still think the bhodi will finish first followed by the tahoe ogs
most schools here in san diego are back in session, the girl started her senior year of high school last wed
it looks like im working next friday so i kind of let them know i probably wont be coming in this monday
that is so cool that you would consider helping out other animals in memory of rufus
i have a friend who fosters cats (actually its his wife) for the humane society and they seem to really like it
we are heading over to a friend house later this afternoon to watch football
they arent really that big on sports but we like to hang out with them and they always cook up some fun foods for snacking so im down
hope your weekend is off to a great start my man

Latest posts

Latest posts