What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

THE NEPAL THREAD

A.N.Other

thanks for sharing bodhi, really inspirational shots, makes me want to get out the back pack again! from your reply in another thread i infer you have also grown mandalas satori, how does she compare to what is grown up there?

:wave:

aeric

Veteran
Lovely fantastic thread. Have always wanted to go there, esp in the fall after the monsoon, right on time with bean harvest also. The war is over? Good to hear I was starting to wonder if they would end up like Tibet, or do you mean another war?

edit: did you happen to see Boudanath stupa?

Last edited:
G

No Mercy can be found at their website w w w . n o m e r c y . n l

G

Great photos... I missed the opportunity to go to Bhutan and Nepal for a lama friends funeral...Still gotta go. No smoking with those cats though!

bodhiseeds

Veteran
ive grown satori from mandala which has nepali genetics and its a very good smoke, nice yeild, excellent flavor, in some of the phenos it really keeps the highland squatness and non stretch.

ace seeds has quite a few really interesting nepali hybrids.

rm makes willie nelson that alot of people rave about.

anybody growing any nepalis?
post your pics and experiences....

order 66

bodhiseeds said:
dro: those seeds hidden in that hash log are from pairo/landslide in the langtang valley, from a mini ganja forest that moves up a mountainside almost to syrabru. i tryed sprouting them but they did not pop.

sorry to off-track the thread but that chunk looks like the wickedest, purest, bombest nug of hash i've seen

won't be going to that region anytime soon, have to settle what's on offer in amsterdam, etc. commercial shit not that kind of funk :fsu:

congrats on the dope pics and trip :joint: :wave: :rasta: :headbange

p.s. i sampled rm's asia girl which is supposed to have nepali i believe, and another nepali-derived strain of his (can't remember the name) -- nothing like what you posted, nothing to write home about really :bashhead:

Last edited:
Thanks for showing us those amazing pictures. Do you mind if a post some pics of some nepalese genetics? I don't mean to hijack. Here's Mandala's Satori:

Satori is a superb sativa hashplant.
Peace

Last edited:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
great thread bodhi

great pics

that katmandu's finest looks good
what the smoke like ,taste,potency

A.N.Other

bodhiseeds said:
ive grown satori from mandala which has nepali genetics and its a very good smoke, nice yeild, excellent flavor, in some of the phenos it really keeps the highland squatness and non stretch.

ace seeds has quite a few really interesting nepali hybrids.

anybody growing any nepalis?
post your pics and experiences....

hey bodhi, like you i have grown out the satori and really like it. the high is perfect, totally in the head, creative, almost inspiring. the enhanced aural and visual perception is almost psychedelic. i said in another thread; it really is perfect headstash weed. i always like to imagine that this would probably the weed of choice for any wizened, peaceful mountain folk, contemplating the world and discussing the ways to spiritual advancement with their wizened friends perched on a rock formation, perhaps surrounded by some kind of flock, maybe even in the dawn mist if i am feeling particularly inspired! hehe. that sentence, sponsored by nepalese weed! hehe

it's funny because in the same thread a grower of nepalese jam commented on how similar my observation on satori were to his on nepjam:

Gert Lush said:
So which is my current favourite? Well, the one that filled the "genius" stakes for me, the one to go for when you want that brainstorm of enlightening ideas that still make sense after you're stoned, the weed for writing that "thought inspiring novel" as you put it, was a Nepali-leaning F2 pheno of ACE's NepJam. This is essentially a Nepalese Highland sativa, just like the Satori is.

sounds like the nepalese roots in both really shine through with the correctly selected pheno.

thanks again for sharing such beautiful pictures. definately makes me yearn to hit the road.

hope you don't mind me posting a few pics of nepalese derived genes, again, mandala's satori.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi bodhi! :wave:

Looks like you had real fun there hehehe .... Pics are fantastic, thanks for share them. Nepal is a paradise for all cannabis lovers!

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wauw verry nice pics bodhi :yes:...i did smoke some nepalese long time ago but notthing like that me thinks...never done a backpack journey like you .though....looks like fun 2 do...dang this makes me wish we had mountains here :biglaugh:

Mirage

Absolutely amazing thread. Gorgeous pics. Wonderful commentary.
Thank you so much. Makes me want to go there. What were the people like?

What were the highs from the hash like? Did you notice any differences in the highs between the lowland and upland/higher mountain hashes and weed? God, that must be some amazing stuff.

Much respect to you for sharing this with the community, bodhi. Well done.

Peace.
Mirage

P.S. More pics and especially commentary please!

b8man

Veteran
I want to go!!!

Any advice on the situation with police? Are you able to walk through canna fields?? Is it safe?

B8

sixtynine69

bodhiseeds ive trekked and collected seeds all through nepal, but there are so many more places to explore. the war is over now, and tourism is starting to pick up, places that were too remote or dangerous to go to are now opening up, a variable genetic treasure chest waiting to be opened. there are 4 main regions, which are the three main mountain areas, langtang to the north of kathmandu near tibet /china border, the annapurnas to the east, sagarmatha (everest) to the west, the lowland terrai near india, plus the far unexplored east near uttar pradesh, and the far west near sikkim hold amazing promise. ive seen mountain sativas at elevations up to 3300 meters in the annapurnas. trekking is amazing in the nepali himalayas, all you need is a backpack, theres always a place to stay or eat around the bend. the trails are thousands of years old and zigzag through villages and monestaries. the hash is of the highest happy majik you can imagine, and the taste ranges from floral to spicy. its almost harvest season soon (oct-nov), so if you need a vacation, i suggest a seed safari in nepal.

THERE IS ALOT OF WRONG INFORMATION THERE.. /or Just needs some directional editing ;)

Mirage

sixtynine69 said:
bodhiseeds ive trekked and collected seeds all through nepal, but there are so many more places to explore. the war is over now, and tourism is starting to pick up, places that were too remote or dangerous to go to are now opening up, a variable genetic treasure chest waiting to be opened. there are 4 main regions, which are the three main mountain areas, langtang to the north of kathmandu near tibet /china border, the annapurnas to the east, sagarmatha (everest) to the west, the lowland terrai near india, plus the far unexplored east near uttar pradesh, and the far west near sikkim hold amazing promise. ive seen mountain sativas at elevations up to 3300 meters in the annapurnas. trekking is amazing in the nepali himalayas, all you need is a backpack, theres always a place to stay or eat around the bend. the trails are thousands of years old and zigzag through villages and monestaries. the hash is of the highest happy majik you can imagine, and the taste ranges from floral to spicy. its almost harvest season soon (oct-nov), so if you need a vacation, i suggest a seed safari in nepal.

THERE IS ALOT OF WRONG INFORMATION THERE.. /or Just needs some directional editing ;)

Please clarify that statement sixtynine69. Please be specific. :joint:

Peace.
Mirage

sixtynine69

ok to start.. the far west of nepal is part of a region that was under the banner of greater nepal when it pre-british india.. it lies in what is known as the Kumoan and Garhwhal regions (indian army recruits from that region) and that was part of Utter Pradesh untill it was a devided state sometime in this Millenium ) [yr 2000] THAT LIES ON THE WEST OF NEPAL... not east like quoted above.. that is one little error i picked up

Latest posts

Latest posts