What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Weed in Spain, a lot of question. Help me please, i want to know!

ahortator

Veteran
Somewhere in Southwestern Spain.

parque_natural_alcornocales_L_3.jpg

11629561.jpg

The main problem here is that in Summer, from June to September, the weather is really dry. You can see no drop of rain in those three months. But when the buds are rippening is when the the weather is really moist and wet. So you can end harvesting a great yield of mold.

Greetings.

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
That is like the growing season for my part of Washington State, Ahortator, Seattle Washington. In fact that mossy area with dampness looks like areas around Seattle. It is not good for outdoor buds. Sometimes it starts raining in Early October and doesn't stop until the following June.

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Similar climate to Northern California - inland from the coastal ranges it gets very dry. It did not rain for 10 months last year... they say we are entering a millennial drought like the one gripping Spain for the last century or two.

Cannabis history goes really far back, as far as recorded history - in ALL cultures, on all continents except Antarctica.

Somebody mentioned it before but where i am in coastal Malaga looks like a perfect growing climate but the mold can be shocking in Sept/oct

ElRubio

Veteran
Thousands of plants were busted in Granada last year. Probably, one the biggest weed producer in Spain.

Even some neighborhoods there had power cuts due the illegal growrooms electrical demand. Funny...quien tiene un tio en Graná, ni tiene tio, ni tiene ná.

http://www.radiogranada.es/2015/04/01/ocho-detenidos-por-cultivar-marihuana-y-desmantelada-una-plantacion-en-trasteros/

These were busted in the storage rooms of a building. The legal owner of these storage rooms were la Junta de Andalucia hahahaha
Brilliant my kinki-granadinos boys..."Poligano" total

andyinspain

I wouldn't recommend the Granada area for big outdoor grows.

There are many, but also regular helicopters and guardia in the season.

I seem to have no problems with a few plants on the terrace but bigger grows are definitley targetted and there have been some arrests lately.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
I wouldn't recommend the Granada area for big outdoor grows.

There are many, but also regular helicopters and guardia in the season.

I seem to have no problems with a few plants on the terrace but bigger grows are definitley targetted and there have been some arrests lately.

Exactly, the only place I would feel safe south of the Guardia free catalan region are the massive orange groves around Valencia, you can hide a lot of weed in amongst overgrown oranges. Those being professionally tended are too uniform in size shape and colour and the parts between trees, bare earth, from weedkiller.

Abandoned groves are also bad, too dry, (normally) so emerald green cannabis plants stick out. As always, never plant in large groups, dot them around and always plant aiming for Autumn morning sun. Some of the best plots are partially shaded during midsummer, there are no prizes for growing tree sized plants, but there is a general rise in quality, making schwaggy shit buds virtually useless.

Watch and learn from the local farmers, the way they dig channels that wind around the plants, never around near the trunk (easy to waterlog and rot stems) there is no better way to water than turning on 1 tap and, watching from the safety of your deckchair, con porro, and seeing the irrigation water effortlessly wind its way round the canals you spent a few days digging during cooler months.

Also, keep on good terms with the locals and workers, if you really believe that you are operating invisibly, think again, almost every farm has neighbours, passing workers, hunters, mushroom hunters, thieves, itinerant scumbags etc. A 2m high secure chain link fence will help, it is not invincible and will not keep out people who know what is inside. Every year I hear stories of brothers, childhood friends, dodgy uncles, neighbours, security" etc who have robbed grows, the police probably account for less than 5% of all losses.

Large grows also stink, I popped into my local grows shop and heard the guy at the front of the queue raving about "200 metros tío, 200 putos metros tío, hostia puta" he had got one of the exodus cheese clones I have spread via this shop and was complaining that his one cheese plant could be smelt from 200 meters away. Very funny, but you won't want to be sitting on a plantation of that as it ripens. Local page were seen pulling up on the tracks away from one village I know and stopping to sniff the area, jumping in bushes and pulling plants out, local kids, dad's and grandads caught with hundreds etc,. It is not as easy as it seems at times..

kaochiu

Veteran
Entra Patxi a la librería.
- ¿tienes mapamundis de Bilbaooo?
Yeah, Bilbao cannabis scene should be a different thread. I myself was born less than 500km from Las Siete Calles, pure bilbaino.
Ok, let's conclude that cannabis laws in Spain are inaccurate, irregular, prone to odd interpretation and awfully wiggly. It means sometimes you can get away with fifty healthy plants and then get prosecuted for a crappy bud.
It means you can enter a csc or a growshop and come out fully sorted... or detained.
It means it depends totally were in the country you are. And differences happenning inside provinces, even for barrios in the same cities. And be for a while like this and change later. Even for people in the same families, for fuck sake. Lawyers have a hard time with the word "jurisprudence" here, it seems every case is a new case.
No wonder if you read the spanish news, ranging from laboratoires to the most inventive ways to call a bloody sqm with a lamp. "Plantación" is a favourite, herds of chained slaves producing drugs for your children spring to mind. It could be a "laboratorio" complete with chemicals to enhance the drug, masked men in white working for the narco.
Weight of the drug apprehended, a must. Three plants weighing 43 kg. Then, with the judge in front, you'll ask the pots and the substrate, leaves and stalks to be removed, and they go like "oh, sorry, we didn't realize, the weight now is 120 grams".
Honestly, you gotta train with Strasberg to learn to live here.

kaochiu

Veteran
Not trying to paint a bleak pic, the opposite. I can't think of a better place neither. Perhaps Uruguay, or Colorado, but somehow i rather wait to see how things develop in those places. The truth is that many people grow grass in Spain, good or bad, but lots, and that means it must not be very difficult.

The English Cut

Yeah, I agree, there are definitely worse places to live and grow than Spain, it seems only the unlucky, stupid or greedy get busted. I'm wondering how things will change with the new law though - is it in effect yet? I can't see where they'd get the budget to pursue growers anyway - that's been the best thing about the crisis for me, 2 years of no Guardia Civil helicopters flying because they can't afford it!

I don't know much about the bilbao cannabis scene but I'm only 100km to the east so when I want some culture (there's none round here) I go there risking my life on the motorway - bilbainos are definitely a race apart on the road. It's been a while though, these days I don't get any further than ikea. I used to shop in a growshop on a corner in the old town (can't remember the name, probably something unpronounceable) because I liked it better than any round here. This wasn't very long after I moved here from the Uk and it blew me away to see cuttings on sale inside the shop - i remember I got a really nice cut of ak47, couldn't say no. lots of plants on balconies around the old town too. Good vibe and really easy to score (shit) hash if you're desperate.

@Harry74 - I saw you got those HFH Lebs, I hope they do well for you, are you running them outdoors this year? I've got one on the go at the moment and they are really fast and nice smelling. I'm wondering if they'll be too early for me here - often it's really wet during the last part of august/start sep and anything that has too much bud at that point usually gets botritis. I think Danish bred strains ought to do well here, they're certainly tough stuff but we have a longer season and different weather cycles so it'll be interesting to see how they adapt.

ElRubio

Veteran
For sure.

Edibles and much more!! hahahha

Y sí, la carrera me sirvió de mucho jajaj

C´on guy...come to the other side. Cruza el Ebro y vente al lado salvaje de la vida
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5WRGDwJscU

PS: i cant stand therics of any kind either hahaha Como Baroja: dogmatófago y anarquista espiritual hahah

PS2: nice pirate cake btw yummi yummi

Aurelio...vente al lado salvaje de la vida

The English Cut

Liebana is really beautiful and semi-famous for it's microclimate. And the Orujo. I never had a worse hangover than after the Potes Orujo festival.

I don't have to go too far to be south of the ebro, the source at fontibre is a magical place if it's not full of tourists.
http://www.360cities.net/image/fontibre-source-of-ebro-river-spain

Personally I call anything south of the Cordillera Cantabra 'Real Spain' (not royal, but autentico) because here it mostly feels like a warmer version of Wales.

Harry, it's a fairly long time since I grew any blue related stuff, and when I did it was some dinafem and before that some dutch passion (but that was way back in the early days of fem seeds plus I was a really crap grower back then so they hermied terribly) so I probably haven't had a good representation of any of it. I need to check out your threads properly but I guess the more sativa dominants are the way to go for outdoors here.

That wind/surfer website is pretty comprehensive. I use aemet all the time, I particularly like the prediction by hour - it can be very useful indeed.

kaochiu

Veteran
Oruuuujoooo, works much better than whisky for bullet in the shoulder extractions. This one comes straight from the dragonness tits.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 12

The English Cut

I'm not sure about bullets in shoulders, but other extractions were what I was thinking about. I think 70% should do it. Looks like the dragon's tit has what it takes but I imagine there's somewhere in the Picos selling lagrimas de satanas or something equally evil.

Harry, that plant looks amazing, great colours. I forgot that last year I ran a Barney's Blue Cheese outdoors that turned out on the sativa side, it did very well with hardly any mould but got hit pretty hard by pm, it's first time I've seen it (oidio) here and it only affected one other plant mildly. I hope it's not here to stay. do you ever see any where you are?

ElRubio

Veteran
Morning!

True that ^^

I almost forget they were employed in the I WW... Thanks for the reminding!

Naaaaaiii
I feel so warm and comfortable here with my sect... Do u wanna join us harry? We always have a seat for inquiring and curious minds! :biggrin:
:peacock:

Have a nice and peaceful day everyone!!

(a Reina Madre spliff + a cup of tea = great wake´n´bake for starting the friday hahaha)

Latest posts

Latest posts