What's new

Hawaiian Sativas

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
The old Line called Blood was used in the breeding of the old Maui Wowie.

I was lucky to get hold of some imported Maui sativa in the mid 80s and i found some seed the plants i grew from them are still talked about by close friends.

It the Maui wowie grew like a pure sativa had a light green look and was the sweatiest hard hitting cannabis you could hope for.

Good luck finding it i spend over 30 years looking for it aand even had a friend who knew the guy called Mr Maui who was responsible for breeding it that live in Maui try to find it for me.

Lost thanks to the repeated DEA raids and harassment.

Wuachuma

I was lucky to get hold of some imported Maui sativa in the mid 80s and i found some seed the plants i grew from them are still talked about by close friends.

It the Maui wowie grew like a pure sativa had a light green look and was the sweatiest hard hitting cannabis you could hope for.

Good luck finding it i spend over 30 years looking for it aand even had a friend who knew the guy called Mr Maui who was responsible for breeding it that live in Maui try to find it for me.

I have a buddy in Santa Rosa who can get the old Blood cut

I grew and smoked the Blood Durban at a farm in OR and it was real nice
To me, Blood seems to be quite Thai dom. It also bleeds, and I find that to be more common among Thai genetics

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I have a buddy in Santa Rosa who can get the old Blood cut

I grew and smoked the Blood Durban at a farm in OR and it was real nice
To me, Blood seems to be quite Thai dom. It also bleeds, and I find that to be more common among Thai genetics

Yep the old Blood line is said to be Thai dom.

Here is a cross of an old Maui line that came from a friends uncle who had this for decades crossed to my Thai i call this HYPE to honor the hyped clone only lines lol.

Cnv0080.jpg
Cnv0132.jpg

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Yeah, Ive notice Mowiw Wowie / Cherry Bomb strongly leans toward the Afghan side. Tasty, but very much an indica.
To me, the real magic of the old hawaiian lines lies in the sativas the the Brotherhood of Eternal Love used - Thai, Jamaican, Swazi, Mexican
federation haw sativa is the way to go... it is preserved 80s line, sativa dom. not outcrossed.

yesterday I smoked some FHS x sour diesel and it was very good strong buzz. very lemon zesty herbal, didnt notice much diesel in it...

Wuachuma

federation haw sativa is the way to go... it is preserved 80s line, sativa dom. not outcrossed.

yesterday I smoked some FHS x sour diesel and it was very good strong buzz. very lemon zesty herbal, didnt notice much diesel in it...

I never got any of those

I was given a pack of Fed Hi Sat x Mulanje
Those were epic.
Unfortunately, I lost all the females. But I did use two of the stellar males last year in breeding and even used them on BOEL's Hawaiian.

Lemme know if the Fed Hi Sat (or even Fed Hi Sat x Mulanje) are still around. Ive had a lot of losses in my life, but losing my seed vault to a fire in Cali last year is one that still makes me whimper almost every day

herbgreen

Veteran
These are Bannna bud Hawaiian X Mulanje

You could ask Vermontman about exact genetics I know he works with the fed Hawaiian but I think this may be something different from the sound of the description on seed finder....It is referred to as "Hawaiian Sativa"

"Pineapple Banana bud Got it's name in part due to her Hawaiian heritage and her occasional pineapple fragrance.

And banana bud because again in part to her Hawaiian beginnings in on the big island where she was known as banana bud, because of her long curved golden colored curved spears."

Last edited:

romanoweed

i know someone that has a hawaiian tested on phylos, showed very separated. he believes it might be true hawaiian, and believes it might existed , the elusive hawaiian. so.. go figure, lol but its a relative squatty one too, not super squatty, just a bit,

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
These are Bannna bud Hawaiian X Mulanje

You could ask Vermontman about exact genetics I know he works with the fed Hawaiian but I think this may be something different from the sound of the description on seed finder....It is referred to as "Hawaiian Sativa"

"Pineapple Banana bud Got it's name in part due to her Hawaiian heritage and her occasional pineapple fragrance.

And banana bud because again in part to her Hawaiian beginnings in on the big island where she was known as banana bud, because of her long curved golden colored curved spears."

why dont you ask him yourself? before spreading misinformation?

anybody can look into his thread and on page 3 you can read what hawaiian is in his pineapple bud...

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran

Did it look like this.Pic was taken in Hawaii back in the days for the High Times article about Maui Wowie.
Print Article_ Maui Wowie _ High Times _ February '80_page-0002~2.jpg