What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RIDE THE SNAKE - Follow the adventures of snakemanOG in Tent Land

snakemanOG

Well, I was planning on starting a new thread each time I started a new plant flowering, but thought it would be easier to just start one new ongoing thread for all my grows. So this will be it.

I've been growing for about a year now and have had pretty decent results so far. Definitely still a newbie at growing, but I have dabbled in the past with limited results. I'm hoping to get better as far as yield quantity, so far quality has been right on, but my yields have gotten less with each crop. I'm fairly certain some of that was due to my bulb quality as the one I was using was very old. I was finally able to get a new one, so we'll see if it has a good effect on my yield.

So, I'm in a 32"x32"x63" mylar tent. I'm using a 250 watt HPS lamp and just got a new bulb for my next grow. I'm using a 190 CFM exhaust fan and an 8" desk fan as an intake fan in a bottom vent tube.

Generally I use these nutrients.

Veg: Pure Blend Pro Grow 3-2-4 and Organic Iguana Juice 3-1-3. I'll give dosage updates in the posts for each grow.

Flowering: FloraNova 4-8-7 and BloomBastic 0-14-15. Same as veg for dosage.

With my limited square footage I tend to favor a lot of bending and training to try to keep the canopy low and even and to fill up as much of the tent as possible. I've been thinking about trying scrogging, but I have NO idea what I'm doing there so if anyone can point to some good info or provide some insight it would be appreciated.

Just started a new one flowering today. I'll post a pic, nute dosages, etc. tonight.

vostok

Veteran
I've been growing for about a year now,
So, I'm in a 32"x32"x63" mylar tent. I'm using a 250 watt HPS lamp,
Just started a new one flowering today. I'll post a pic, nute dosages, etc. tonight.
But have you made up your mind in which way you are gonna take this...are you gonna go
1: Organics

2: DWC (Deep water culture)

3: other..?

either way I'd be upgrading that tent to a 4x4 and the light to a 400w digital, just to give you some room, the bigger light to ensure you finish on time, your current stuff could be good for 2-4 mothers..?

Good luck

snakemanOG

But have you made up your mind in which way you are gonna take this...are you gonna go
1: Organics

2: DWC (Deep water culture)

3: other..?

either way I'd be upgrading that tent to a 4x4 and the light to a 400w digital, just to give you some room, the bigger light to ensure you finish on time, your current stuff could be good for 2-4 mothers..?

Good luck

Completely forgot to include how I was growing above. I'm in an organic potting soil mix. I've had pretty good luck with it so far and plan to stick with it.

I would love to go bigger, but I'm extremely limited space wise. This size nearly fills my grow space, but still leaves enough space for my exhaust setup. So far I've never tried more than one at a time in there, but that was due more to timing issues rather than space issues.

I'm only growing for 2, and got 6.5, 5.5 and 3 out of my first 3 tries. I think my last run was less productive due to multiple factors including a bulb that needed replacing, a bit of over fertilizing and I rushed it a bit.

I'm hoping with this next run I see an improvement in yield. I got a new bulb and I'll also be lightening up on the nutes in the first 4 weeks of flowering. I also topped, bent and super cropped the one I just put in today. I did the same with my last run and got tons of buds, they just weren't as dense as I was hoping for. After 4 weeks of flowering I'm going to try taking off about 90% of the sun leaves to see how that does.

I have no idea what strain I have, the seed came from a mixed bag with seeds from Chem Dawg, AK47, Granddaddy Purple, OG Kush and a few other nice strains. She's definitely Indica or Indica dominant, but no idea for sure what she is.

I'll try to get my first pics up tonight right after lights out before I head to bed.

snakemanOG

4 run : Unknown strain from seed

4 run : Unknown strain from seed

So this my fourth run in my tent, size, lighting, air circulation, etc. listed in OP. I did replace my bulb for this run a few days ago and hope to see an improvement in yield.

Medium: Organic potting mix

Pot size 2 gallons

Nutes: 3 tsp FloraNova Bloom 4-8-7 per gallon. About 1.5-2 quarts a day.

pH: 6.0

Light cycle: 12-1

Veg: 12 on 5.5 off 1 on 5.5 off.

Flowering: wk 1 and 2, 11 on, 13 off, wk 3 and 4, 10.5 on 13.5 off, wk 5 and 6, 10 on 14 off, wk 7 and 8, 9.5 on 14.5 off, week 9 to finish, 9 on 15 off.

This one is an unknown strain that is showing Indica or Indica Dominant traits. The seed came from a mixed bag that had seeds from AK47, Chem Dawg, Granddaddy Purple, OG Kush, Marshmellow Fluff and a few other nice strains. I've topped it, bent and trained and super cropped it since it sexed out. After placing it in the tent March 22 I did some more training on shoots that had been super cropped, hard bent a few shoots and tied a shoot to start training it to grow horizontally.

Due to circumstances beyond my control, she vegged under CFL for about 3 months after sexing out. Not sure how that's going to affect yield or the grow overall. Hopefully, nothing too bad will come of it.

Well, time for pics.

January 13, first day of training:

Jan 14, 24 hours after:

March 22, first day of flowering, sorry a bit blurry:

March 23:

Pics for the first two weeks won't be as good because the lights go out after I'm in bed. But from there on out I should be able to get pics after the lights go out.

snakemanOG

The move, bending and the new light have stressed this girl a bit, but she looks a little better everyday. I'm thinking it'll probably take a full week for her to recover. Hopefully she doesn't herm on me.

March 24:

snakemanOG

March 27:

Got one with the lights out. It's taking her a while to come back, but not knowing what she is it's kind of expected. I'm not sure if she's going to be a decent producer or very potent at this point. I'll keep my fingers crossed though.

snakemanOG

March 29:

Finally starting to really bounce back. Starting to see new growth on a lot of bud sites. Really curious to see how she turns out.

snakemanOG

Whew, she seemed to improve dramatically overnight.

April 2:

Lots of bud sites, but really close together. She didn't really seem to stretch at all.

snakemanOG

April 4:

Looking better every day. Still only taking about a quart a day. I may take a few of the older stressed sun leaves off tomorrow.

snakemanOG

April 5:

Took the lights to on for 10.5 of 13.5 today. Pulled a few older damaged sun leaves, opened it up a little in the middle. I may start tying some of the offshoots out and down tomorrow.

snakemanOG

April 6:

She looks better every day. More bud sites everyday and she's starting to stretch a little. The only problem I'm having is that because the bud sites are so close together it's hard to tie the side shoots out and down. Going to look at a few different options and hopefully I can find something that works.