What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How many watts is "too many" in So Cal?

OzzBozz

i'd say 6-8k is widely accepted here in nor cal as being a completely legal grow ( even with a cop inspection ) from what i've seen. As long as you keep it under 99 and you don't have guns and large quantities of cash, your good

OreoGrows

Building equity by buying a house is incredibly smart.

you're not, you're buying a condo, which is the one type of real estate real estate pros are avoiding. why do you think that is?
Also, buy a house in straight up cash?? Are you joking? If you want the IRS to investigate then yeah go for it. Anything over 10k in cash and you need IRS forms. You can't buy a house in cash dude. Are you serious?

buying in cash means buying with money you already have. vs buying with debt. duh. you can write a check. get a day job save money pay bills with grow cash start a business where you" sell shit "cook books insert grow money into bank use for house. this is pretty easy to understand how old are you again?

But the thing is that I really am set on trying to get my funds put into something legal with some equity, i.e. house and car. Maybe a bank account or two. I know it is risky, but it is a trade off. You can forfeit the assets or not have the assets by renting it in the first place. Either way you have zero. My friend has a 80k a year job in banking so my goal is to make some of this money I have legitimate. For obvious reasons.

So if we both have scripts, then I can have 1# of dried bud, and 12 mature plants? DAMN. That is a lot. Plenty to work with. I also have a question that my creative stoner mind has been thinking about lately. If the law is 1# processed... Can't I technically harvest a plant say, every week or two if I put them on staggered schedules and that way I won't be harvesting 12 plants at one time with 10#s dried? I feel like this is an obvious way to beat the system. If you can only have 1# dried, harvest at staggered times so you don't have a huge harvest at once...?? But anyway. Like I said, you guys really think a 3Kw grow will get my house forfeited and what not? You guys are telling me it is stupid to grow in a condo and stupid to grow in an apartment... Well what else are my options?! I cannot afford a 600k house in orange county so that I can get myself property. This is the BEST i can do. I am working with it.

And by the way, I know there are still risks involved and that it isn't all fun and games. I am not one of those idiots who thinks I will get rich quick from a few grows. OC is conservative and there are still some hard asses, yadda yadda, I am informed! The same friend who I am trying to split the condo with currently lives in Tustin, OC. I know my plan has setbacks, but it is clearly a decent start.

Are condos really that difficult to grow in? A 3 bedroom 1300 square foot has plenty of space, and it is NOTHING like an apartment where my door goes out to a hallway shared with other people. Condos share some walls with neighbors, but it is not like my AC unit will be connected with others so I will stink up other places. People seem to be shitting their pants over growing in condos. A 3Kw grow in a spare bedroom with some good carbon scrubbing to kill the smell... Is this really so difficult to do?

my best advice is dont move to orange county move somewhere more rural and has higher plant counts, alot of places are more chill
also property values are better than oc ,,, up north or the desert man,,