Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Hemp > Where to buy/get Finola seeds from?

Thread Title Search
Where to buy/get Finola seeds from? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-11-2014, 08:23 PM #31
oldchuck

oldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud of
Oh, man, I got the same reply. I'm going to order a couple of packs plus a bunch of their aromatic herbals. I've been after this variety for quite a while now. I'm after the CBD and the seeds. Hemp is now fully legal in my state and I want to grow a field of it.
oldchuck is offline Quote

Old 01-11-2014, 10:13 PM #32
Only Ornamental
Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist

Only Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud of
If you're after CBD, then buy seeds (for example the 'Nepalese') from the real seed company.They have Himalayan charas and Egyptian hash landraces (or at least local varieties) with a fair chance of finding THC/CBD 1:1 and CBD only plants which surely have a way higher cannabinoid content than any EU/Canadian approved hemp cultivar.
Also, feral hemp in the US is likely to contain more cannabinoids than Finola, as these plants were never selectively bred for low THC (cause the legal limits are so low, that goes along with low CBD). Additionally, several old hemp cultivars contained roughly 5% CBD (hence, they lost approval and died out in Europe), I would guess that US 'ditchweed' contains as much and if you search, you should be able to find a killer which is also better adapted to the upper east US climate (in case you live there) than Finola.

I'm still gonna order some to play around with their alleged auto-flowering trait and cause I love 'em to nosh .

Please spare a 'like', a dear friend of mine could need some motivation. Thanks!

Brainer on Retainer
: Why not rent a brain by the hour?
OO now on time-sharing

Last edited by Raco; 01-26-2014 at 12:33 AM.. Reason: TOU
Only Ornamental is offline Quote

Old 01-23-2014, 10:32 PM #33
Only Ornamental

Only Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud of
Just wanted to add that the service @ Trans-Seed Ky/ Yrttilato.fi is really great! Super helpful folks there, even got an answer on Sunday at 10 pm!

Please spare a 'like', a dear friend of mine could need some motivation. Thanks!

Brainer on Retainer
OO now on time-sharing

Old 01-24-2014, 01:58 AM #34
oldchuck

oldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud of
My order is on the way. Estonian post. They do seem like pretty nice people.

I liked the realseed selections but they don't ship to the US.

Old 01-24-2014, 09:41 AM #35
Only Ornamental

Mine arrived this instant via Estonian post .
You should find some real seed comp. strains on several seedbanks, although they often have just one or two Himalayan cultivars for now.

Brainer on Retainer
OO now on time-sharing

Old 01-25-2014, 02:42 AM #36
oldchuck

OO, is there any sign they have been sterilized? Maybe you could do a test germ?

Old 01-25-2014, 04:00 AM #37
resin_lung
I cough up honey oil

resin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud of
I bought a 250g pack of BIONA brand whole hemp seeds at a health store here in SoCal for like $5.00. 200 seeds soaked and placed between towel. 72 hours later, 25 we're completely out of the shell with looong tails and showing first true leaves. I'd say another 5 looked like they were split and trying to pop. I then chucked them in the trash. I bought the seeds to eat but figured why not. The package says "not for growing" on the back. It seemed odd to put that on a product that shouldn't grow. Nowhere does it say sterilized or non viable. I use hemp seeds in food and have never seen this wording used. Not sure where the seeds originate but they're processed or packaged in UK.
Germ rate might improve with scarification but they seem to be sterilized. Prob what's going on over at that shop in Vancouver. Either way, 10% of 250 grams of seeds is a sheet load of plants. I did a quick search on eBay and they only seem to be for sale through the UK eBay site so shipping makes it not really ideal but still not outrageous, and compared to that shop it's a bargain if unverified genetics cool with you.
I understand this is a thread about finola. Just thought I'd throw this out there.

Edit: just realized that this post might belong in the other hemp thread ...... or not.

Last edited by resin_lung; 01-25-2014 at 05:09 AM..
resin_lung is offline Quote

Old 01-25-2014, 09:30 AM #38
Only Ornamental

I will do a test germination this week end! Already soaked about 50 random seeds in water.
From that shop, seeds shouldn't be sterilised and they likely haven't realised that all seeds shipped to the US should be treated *g* .
Seeds are seldom labelled as 'sterilised' but things like 'not for growing' often indicate exactly that (you can't prevent people from growing just with a label).
As said (here or in the other thread), infrared sterilisation isn't 100% effective...

Brainer on Retainer
OO now on time-sharing

Old 01-25-2014, 09:33 PM #39
Only Ornamental

Test germ update: First shell cracked after 5 hours soaking in water and after 10 h about 25% show tiny root tips.

Brainer on Retainer
OO now on time-sharing

Old 01-25-2014, 09:37 PM #40
oldchuck

Excellant.