What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Acapulco Gold

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Unfortunately the second (and last) one just showed it was male yesterday.:cuss:

Be happy ya got a male ;) you make another filial generation and keep ag for the next grow and keep ya clone for a few years before it starts to degenerate in potency ;) my friend ran all his found only females no males I have 11 yet to run still hopefully I get as lucky as you with finding a male

Be happy ya got a male ;) you make another filial generation and keep ag for the next grow and keep ya clone for a few years before it starts to degenerate in potency ;) my friend ran all his found only females no males I have 11 yet to run still hopefully I get as lucky as you with finding a male
I did keep the 1st one and moved him down the road.... but I'm watching him.... . :watchplant:

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I've got some seeds from both Barney's and Bodhi. Not as interested in the Dutch ones now though as when I picked them up last winter. Bodhi's sound and look much more like the real deal. After listening to all 4+ hours of a recent potcast interview with him I came away very impressed with the guy too. Love his spiritual approach to growing and he was quite insightful.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
I've got some seeds from both Barney's and Bodhi. Not as interested in the Dutch ones now though as when I picked them up last winter. Bodhi's sound and look much more like the real deal. After listening to all 4+ hours of a recent potcast interview with him I came away very impressed with the guy too. Love his spiritual approach to growing and he was quite insightful.

I concur!

ahortator

Veteran
Hi. Don't forget to make seeds of the purebred if you still have them.

Once the batches are run out it will be very difficult to get it again. And peharps never again.

It has happened with many old good heirlooms.

I am collecting the pollen now and still have a few seeds left but I'm out of room at the moment. ... here's hoping at least one is a female next time around.

Beanzy

Please do, I've been searching for the real deal for a long time and missed a Bodhi freebie on AC at a drop at my favorite seed outlet. Indecision kills me.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
I am collecting the pollen now and still have a few seeds left but I'm out of room at the moment. ... here's hoping at least one is a female next time around.

How many ya pop and did you only get males? I popped 1 seed and got a trifoliate female I was surprised honestly after reading how trifoliate plants typically come out males

How many ya pop and did you only get males? I popped 1 seed and got a trifoliate female I was surprised honestly after reading how trifoliate plants typically come out males

I had 2 going, and they both turned out to be male. I was going to wait awhile for more room, but that didn't work out so well.... I was anxious and just popped two more. The last two had very warm temps (80's and low 90's (F) and from what I have read, that can increase the odds of them being male. Now that the weather has cooled down I will try again (and watch the humidity as well.)

I'm hoping the male sacks will dry and provide a decent amount of pollen. Our weather turned bad and I had to chop them down a little earlier than I wanted but they were producing pollen so here's hoping.

This year lebanese finish mid september in 49 *n start flo late july j hope next year Syria and synai start early to and North Indian stringi are early then Nepal?

This year lebanese finish mid september in 49*n start flo late july j hope next year Syria and synai start flo early and North Indian strain are early then Nepal

Sativan

I'd love to have beans from an authentic Acapulco Gold. Maybe I need to look again but I couldn't find a single Bodhis A.G. seed.

ahortator

Veteran
I'd love to have beans from an authentic Acapulco Gold. Maybe I need to look again but I couldn't find a single Bodhis A.G. seed.

Hi, there are many old tokers who still keep seeds of old good strains as a remember of better glory past times. Most of those seeds are from mythical legendary strains at the time, now gone and extinct thanks to the trend of hybridizing everything, killing all the males and only keep cuttings at best.

These days with most true pure landrace sativa genepool depleted, with that hell of feminized seeds and autoflowering strains that steal you the possibility to make your own seeds or keep at least a clone alive. Along the unstable polyhibrids that makes you to grow a huge amount of plants to select a good one (that will never be like those pure sativas in high quality) in a world where you can go to jail for years for growing a few plants as if you were "El Chapo Guzmán".

Seedbanks know this, and that is the actual reason most of them only release hybrids. The same happens with many other plants as tomatoes, melons, watermelons, peppers, eggplants, cucumbers, corn,... The F1 hybrid vigour is only a pretext to seel you seed of something you cannot make more seeds by yourself properly.

Perhaps this link below, could help some of those seeds kept due to nostalgia since 30 or 40 years ago, come back to life. But now we know their true high value and how to keep strains properly. With males and females as it has been since the begining of marijuana growing.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=334985

Greetings :tiphat:

I just flipped the 3rd Nierika AG over to 12/12 three days ago, (4 weeks from popping) hoping for a female this time. I have done my best to keep the temp between 65-70 and humidity around 50-60% and as non stressed as possible. If all goes well I'll try my luck with pollen from the first male.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]plant
[/FONT]

I wood

I just flipped the 3rd Nierika AG over to 12/12 three days ago, (4 weeks from popping) hoping for a female this time. I have done my best to keep the temp between 65-70 and humidity around 50-60% and as non stressed as possible. If all goes well I'll try my luck with pollen from the first male.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]plant
[/FONT]

Good luck, I hope your success exceeds mine.
Two males and two hermies have moved these seeds down the list of what to sprout next in my garden.
There was one plant that got whacked prematurely due to a numbers issues, I will always wonder if that was the magic one.

Edited to add:
That reads way more negatively than intended. I do not fault the seeds for being what they are, unworked sativa gems. They will get another chance next year.
While growing the ag for the few months I did, I acquired many other sativas to explore.
I now find myself in the possession of so many things that I only expected to read about in this lifetime. It will be hard but eventually I will work my way through them.

Last edited:
Good luck, I hope your success exceeds mine.
Two males and two hermies have moved these seeds down the list of what to sprout next in my garden.
There was one plant that got whacked prematurely due to a numbers issues, I will always wonder if that was the magic one.

Edited to add:
That reads way more negatively than intended. I do not fault the seeds for being what they are, unworked sativa gems. They will get another chance next year.
While growing the ag for the few months I did, I acquired many other sativas to explore.
I now find myself in the possession of so many things that I only expected to read about in this lifetime. It will be hard but eventually I will work my way through them.
I didn't take it as being negative at all... It's a tuff job and somebody's got to do it.... but if you ever feel like you're getting behind, just give a shout, I'll be glad to help you out. :dance013:

(By the way, I have some Purple Haze X Malawi on the way.)

Last edited:

pinkus

Veteran
Seeing this thread has prompted me to try to pop what I have left. I traded for some AG about 5-6 years ago at Cannetics (IIRC). they were mostly crushed and I never tried to pop them. But they are old and I DO want to see what they are.:biggrin:

troutman

Seed Whore
Seeing this thread has prompted me to try to pop what I have left. I traded for some AG about 5-6 years ago at Cannetics (IIRC). they were mostly crushed and I never tried to pop them. But they are old and I DO want to see what they are.:biggrin:

Get to it. :whip: