What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WV SP 250 test/grow

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
More Bellini, I'll give my honest opinion about the LED. Some dried buds pics, and about a mth or so I'll give a smoke report

Night4wings20

That bellini looks like it has super big hard nugs. She'll yield well for sure :) Everything looks mighty fine mate, keep up the great work!

Night4wings20

Gardening is a forever learning process so don't beat yourself up. I'd be very happy with those results from 1 light. How far LED lights have come in such a short time is amazing :)

bibi40

Good job mate ,

this bellini is really exciting ,

seems all buds are rocks , this light seems to have a really good penetration ...

:tiphat:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yes I got lucky and noticed a bit of mold on those big Grapology colas and had to trim up everything small lol. I've never lived in such humid environment. I'll be glad to get my dehumidifier for the next run!!!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Glad I noticed that. The same shits happening outdoors without rain in weeks large colas are starting to mold. I've been applying GreenCure but haven't used any in over 2wks probably. I really ain't one to spray shit on buds, but that GreenCure don't have any smell. I harvest my Blueberry clone today, I cut the top cola it was ready anyway, and mold was starting to set it. But what I've trimmed so far I haven't lost anything really,....so I can't really complain. Just gotta keep your eyes peeled for mold on what I trimmed/cut already. I had to cut the buds down kinda small to help. They usually don't mold if you trim them down.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yea it's bad outside and hasn't rained in weeks!!! I'll be glad to get me dehumidifier before next grow. I'm gonna do a SLK room!!!! have a bunch of kush!!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Well everything is drying/curing process. I've smoked a few joints of each and the green taste is nearly gone. I'll leave a smoke report and some pics of the dried buds. Beautiful bag appeal, and both are tasty and strong. The buds formed absolutely rock hard!!! I'm guess from the light, my outdoor Grapology has hard buds....but the SP 250 definitely seemed to be the culprit. Yes most guys don't grow in the hot summer mths, but I'm glad I was gave the SP 250. I wish my humidity had been lower, I've since purchase 70 pint dehumidifier for future grows.

I'm mh/hps for yrs until I tried these. I don't really have any cons to say about the light. I wanna keep a oscillating fan blowing on the ballast though. It doesn't get that hot, but I believe you get better life outta them if you keep them cool. And it's kinda long, but extremely easy to move and setup. Nothing to complain about here. If you can afford it there definitely worth it, bright as hell and back. I love the light, Mars Hydro got a VERY nice product with the SP 250s

Anybody got any questions about the light or grow just ask, I'm more than happy to give my honest opinion. But give me a few wks on the smoke report. Give it a little time to cure. I can already tell it's good, just wanna give it another few wks.

And yes I'll have the SP 250 in my next grow, and will keep the plants I grow near only the SP 250 as much as possible. I'll post some links when I start. I'm getting all the outdoor stuff harvest, and cleaning my grow room and doing some work down there. :tiphat:

Night4wings20

Well i'm sold on the SP250s, they seem to perform very well! I'll be getting some soon :)

Glad to hear your harvests are going well and you have a mega supply of nice buds in your stocks :)

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Man some nice buds from that SP 250. The Grapology just reeks grape, it's pretty strong probably 7.5/10. And the Bellini seems to be better once it's cured. It's kinda like a faint peach like taste, but it's also 7-8//10 in strength maybe a tad weaker. BUT both strains will be ran again, I'm pretty sure I just germed a Bellini with this upcoming batch. I'll put this over a few plants and see how they do when I get started, hopefully before tgiving

Night4wings20

Looking forward to see how the new plants turn out with the SP250. Already sounds like the light has done you very well in terms of terpene/trich production/weight. Great job mate!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Looking forward to see how the new plants turn out with the SP250. Already sounds like the light has done you very well in terms of terpene/trich production/weight. Great job mate!

Oh yea I'm pretty happy with those 2, hopefully do better now I'll have a 70pt dehumidifier!!! Mars Hydro has a great product and I'm not just saying that because it was gave to me, it's grew some of the hardest buds ever, I really like it!!!@ Gonna start something soon with her

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
those sp lights are pretty nice,i can see getting a couple of them and hanging them in between the hlg panels and just to be able to expand lighting as needed...led's make setup so easy...

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Thanks guys just that one light produced absolute rock hard buds from both strains. I'll have my dehumidifier for the next grow to get those buds fatter