What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

VerdantGreen's quarters - 205w LED Organic Mod. ScrOG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the Lemon Thai is getting interesting at 25 days
picture.php

we have trics - the smell is sweet hashy - this looks sooooo much like my blueberry and i reckon its a thai crossed with an afghan - like blueberry without the oaxican.
picture.php

picture.php

VG.

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
love seeing the lemon thai. my f3s are itching to hit the dirt. great thread.
might be making some beans with my lemon thais, just want to make sure no hermies. peace and smoke.

BORNaSMOKER

Hey VG

your cab is looking so sweet. Will be curious to see how the powerplant fares up g/w wise. Was wondering if you found the PP doesn't like much food?? I always seem to get tip burn no matter how hard I try and make sure I don't over feed the soil mix.

Also where do you buy all your soil adds, I need a goos source of N guano, mushroom compost and rock phosphate... do you tend to use particular brands?

Finally, I originally planned to use dolomitic lime but have subbed it for calcified sea weed as I couldn't get any kelp meal near me. Just wondered what your thoughts were on this.

Thanks for listening mate
BS

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
apollonio - thanks - yes she is tric'ing up nice and early

hazy - yes i was going to make f4's but i got all females! - still got 5 seeds left though - really want a nice male of this, should be a good breeder

ft100 - well one of the 4 was a herm but tbh if you want authentic thai genes then herms will come as part of the package. if it stays as 1of 4 i will be very happy with that ratio :dance013:

xmobotx - thanks!

BORNaSMOKER - the guano is cavemans and i buy it on the internet, and you can get dolomite lime and all the rock dusts, seaweed meal at gardendirect.co.uk - its a regular garden centre website so not a worry to buy stuff from. if you want to give yourself cover then buy a few cheep veggie seeds as well ;)- i would strongly advise getting proper dolomite lime as it acts as a buffer, avoiding many possible problems

Jaybird2203 - thanks, this grow is starting to get interesting...

VG

BORNaSMOKER

hey VG...

what is 'proper' lime??? not the garden centre lime then?? or do you mean instead of calcified sea weed?? i would have used it if I could have found the kelp meal in time.

Have you used/heard of calcified sea weed?? I guess it isn't a buffer like the lime. Also what's your water like, mines out the tap at 6.2, never considered an RO filter, thought they were more of an american ting.

Also your shroom compost, is this from the same place?

Tried emulatin Blazeone's soil mix but it's a foreign mix so had to use loads of substituted ingredients. Will definitely be using your's next time (once i finish all my high price compost :( )

Just wanted to add a massive bit of Karma to you man, your on it averging like 7 posts a day or something silly. Always helping people, no bit of advice too small!!

Big Thanks VG

ps this guy needs a micro sticky or something

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey BaS, calcified seaweed should be ok if you have used it in the mix already, especially as your water is acidic (6.2 is a great pH to have - mine is nearly 9!)
but the dolomite lime is regarded as the best lime additive as it wont make your soil pH higher than 7 and it also has lots of magnesium in it. (basically more magnesium carbonate rather than just calcium carbonate) other limes may be more alkali.

you should read up in the organics forum here - lots of good info there

ill try and get some photos of the other plants in the next few days :)

VG.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
on mite watch, the predators - Phytoseiulus persimilis - seem to be doing their job, although it's hard to tell. im keeping the humidity up by leaving water in the trays at the bottom and also a few saucers of water around - this seems to also have caught quite a few gnats too and kept those under control. i hope the high humidity will not encourage any problems in the dense canopy i tend to keep but i will keep an eye out and try t pick off dead leaves etc.

VG.

MeanBean

Dang, V I started Waaaay before you and now it looks like them things are passing me up! Looks Promising, again...

keep rockin bro

BORNaSMOKER

hey BaS, calcified seaweed should be ok if you have used it in the mix already, especially as your water is acidic (6.2 is a great pH to have - mine is nearly 9!)
but the dolomite lime is regarded as the best lime additive as it wont make your soil pH higher than 7 and it also has lots of magnesium in it. (basically more magnesium carbonate rather than just calcium carbonate) other limes may be more alkali.

you should read up in the organics forum here - lots of good info there

ill try and get some photos of the other plants in the next few days :)

VG.

I used to live in a pH 9 area, what a polava with lockouts etc. Used to have to pH all my water and still found I was getting mag lockouts, tried epsom salts too.... so dolomite lime.... sorry to keep going on about it, is not the same as garden lime? Where do you get your dolomite lime from? I do regularly trawl the organics section, I just havn't found anyone in the UK that has such good regular results. I've never been anywhere long enough to dial all these variables in plus I'm relativly new to organics (only 1 yr) so it's really good to chat to someone that is well educated and informative with a proven track record. If the questions get a little bit too relentless just say!!!

:D

BaS

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
MB - thanks!

BaS dolomite lime has magnesium, and is the best pH buffer. garden lime will bring up your pH further, although the way lime is named can be a bit random.
as i said above, you can get many of these additives from gardendirect.co.uk

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here is the blueberry at 23 days. starting to bud up nicely. still some mites around but i can also see predators too i think so hopefully they will keep things under control
picture.php

VG.

LEDGirl

Veteran
Floramite

I know you like organic stuff, but Floramite is king in my opinion. Spray it once and you literally don't have to worry about mites again. To my knowledge it only stays in the plants system for about 3-4 weeks, and then it's gone. May be getting a bit too late to use it for this crop, but for future cycles it's a very cheap insurance policy. You can buy little ounce bottles on eBay for about $30 which last for years. It's also a lot less toxic than other products like Avid. ;)

M

mrred

Dolomite Lime will contain both Calcium and Magnesium in an approximate 2:1 ratio. It may also be referred to as Garden Lime. When in doubt of identification, check for the presence of Magnesium in this approximate ratio.

i like the ladybugs for taking care of the gnats, i think that maybe its their major source of food in the wild

LEDGirl

Veteran
here is the blueberry at 23 days. starting to bud up nicely. still some mites around but i can also see predators too i think so hopefully they will keep things under control

Do you have a photo of all the plants at 23 days? I'm making a photo compilation with your diary for another thread, and it looks best when all 4 plants are in each update :)

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Looking good, VG. Like the Lemon Thai & the blueberry is coming in nicely. Sorry if ya already answered this but where's the BB from?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi LEDGirl :tiphat:, yeah i wouldnt use floramite im afraid, i found neem works great as long as you use it in a regular routine but pest management really needs to be rotated or you are breeding mites that are resistant, so i thought i would try the predators for a change.
as for the pic of the plants, unfortunately all the plants have been flowering for different times, the Lemon thai was on 12/12 for sexing for a few days before going in - so is on day 30 today, the blueberry was from clone so didnt need sexing and is on day 25 today.
the Power plant went in a week or so later as it needed more veg time and is on day 22. whlist the NL was a substitute for one of the LT's that went herm and is only on day 9.
i'll try and do a picture update of all at once if you prefer but the LT and Bb were the ones furthest along so got the limelight this week.

mrred, i imagine ladybirds would eat the predator mites just as much as the spider mites. the predators are supposed to 'win' over the mites in about 3 weeks so we will see what happens in the next week or so.

rasputin - the Blueberry is from a Dutch Passion fem seed and i have had the cut for around 2 years now. people will tell you that DP Bb is a knockoff but DJ short worked with DP at the time he came up with Bb so they are all from the same place originally. Sounds like the split between DP and DJ was not amicable but i didnt have access to DJ's seeds at the time and i am very happy with my Bb :D

VG.

Latest posts

Latest posts