What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Are You Eating Right Now!!!

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
1673217042708769383143193732381.jpg
jiffy pop! 👍

armedoldhippy

Veteran
planning tomorrow nights repast. i'm tired of soup, tired of sandwiches, tired of saltines and sick of being sick. gonna have a platter of center-cut chops, cream corn, peas, mashed potatoes with too much butter and salt & Sister Schuberts yeast rolls pre-smeared with butter and dusted with garlic salt before they even lay eyes on the oven. if this shit is gonna kill me, i'm going out full with a smile on my face. :smoke:

Cuddles

planning tomorrow nights repast. i'm tired of soup, tired of sandwiches, tired of saltines and sick of being sick. gonna have a platter of center-cut chops, cream corn, peas, mashed potatoes with too much butter and salt & Sister Schuberts yeast rolls pre-smeared with butter and dusted with garlic salt before they even lay eyes on the oven. if this shit is gonna kill me, i'm going out full with a smile on my face. :smoke:
Hey, poor baby, you´re sick!?! I´m sorry to hear this, mate :( Don´t you have any healthy pre-cooked meals in the freezer which you can just heat up?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Hey, poor baby, you´re sick!?! I´m sorry to hear this, mate :( Don´t you have any healthy pre-cooked meals in the freezer which you can just heat up?
yes, i do. and i'm so f'ing tired of healthy food that i'd eat a pistol first, lol. nope, it's gonna be pork chops, rolls, etc here in about an hour. i'm feeling much better today, which is why i'm able to stand at the oven & do the work like God intended. my wife...ahem...fries pork chops until they are the same shade of brown all the way through. :badday: her mother was raised out in the country before food safety was a thing, and she ruined more pork than i can wrap my brain around. and we both know who taught my wife to cook...i'm not gonna insult my late MILs cooking; she was great! unless pork was on the menu...:frown:

Cuddles

yes, i do. and i'm so f'ing tired of healthy food that i'd eat a pistol first, lol. nope, it's gonna be pork chops, rolls, etc here in about an hour. i'm feeling much better today, which is why i'm able to stand at the oven & do the work like God intended. my wife...ahem...fries pork chops until they are the same shade of brown all the way through. :badday: her mother was raised out in the country before food safety was a thing, and she ruined more pork than i can wrap my brain around. and we both know who taught my wife to cook...i'm not gonna insult my late MILs cooking; she was great! unless pork was on the menu...:frown:
I get it. every now and then you just got to give in - to your taste buds whims, right? :biglaugh: enjoy your your meal and I hope you keep getting better.

It´s sick season, no matter of the temps, so take your vitamins guys! :)

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
fries pork chops until they are the same shade of brown all the way through. :badday: her mother was raised out in the country before food safety was a thing

Yeah. That was my mother's approach as well. She was farm born and the dreaded trichinosis meant all pork had to be overdone. I will admit that the 1st time I had a truly rare piece of pork in a restaurant, I ate it with some trepidation.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Yeah. That was my mother's approach as well. She was farm born and the dreaded trichinosis meant all pork had to be overdone. I will admit that the 1st time I had a truly rare piece of pork in a restaurant, I ate it with some trepidation.
if i poke a steak or pork chop with a fork, it better wiggle & try to escape! smoked pork is another whole critter however. if the meat sticks to a rib, the cook should be bound to the spit & rolled in the smoke for a while...when i cook pork chops, juice oozes from the meat when you cut into it. :tiphat:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
you're killing me, Captain! i haven't had rabbit since the USAF. can't find enough cottontails here these days to hunt, they're disappearing just like the bobwhites have and largely for the same reason- lack of suitable habitat. when farmers mow right up to the fence & spray to kill weeds under the fencelines, there is no place for critters to hide. :wallbash::frown: "neat" is not a worthy goal, sorry.