What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Brothers Grimm C99 and 630w CMH, in dwc!!!

G

Next round of veg consists of a bunch of hulk smash #10, and Orange glue #2. I'll be giving those two most of the main aero table. Along with them are various cuts of Orange glue and hulk smash. I'll be building a second aero table for the bloom tent in the near future. The second table will be for seed runs and verification runs. This round of seed plants has hulk smash #4 × blue dream #2, hulk smash #4 x Hulk smash #6, and green point seeds copper chem. Oh and tangerine kush is making an appearance in this upcoming run as well.
So will you be doing some breeding of Hulk #10 and orange #2 since they turned out to be the best of each? I have never tried concentrates myself. Just smoke and I have an issue as well with being able to pass a random piss test as well that’s totally unannounced beforehand. I buy test strips just for THC from Amazon and I can smoke some every other weekend but I have to watch myself. Sucks. Ben over a year and a half since last one but my wife smokes it about as fast as I grow it!!

I feel your pain brother. I just get to watch them grow and smell the jars after they get cut down. One of these days it will be legal to smoke....

Breeding wise I will be playing around with pollen chucking. I don't have the space to do any serious breeding work. The goal is to get my personal seed bank stocked up, and to learn about breeding in the process. I will probably self a hulk smash #10. I'll add hulk smash #10 and Orange glue #2 to my mother plant collection. Possibly hulk smash #1 as well since she was a really nice purple pheno. Speaking of which the purple kush seeds I started have potential too. Grew a seed of her a while back. Straight up purple buds and smelled like cat piss. If I get a decent male out of the copper chem seeds, I'll flower him and knock up a cutting of c99 or tangerine kush. I wanna see if it shortens the longer flowering time needed for the copper chem as it's listed at 10 to 12 weeks.
picture.php

Last edited:

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Looks really tasty there FrozenFire, wouldn't mind trying a few of thouse seeds, if you start chucking pollen. :D

She looks nice and tightly packed, and lovely colors too. 10-12 weeks is a fairly long flower time, but I find often it's well worth the wait compared to most fast flowering hybrids.

paper thorn

Veteran
Bummer about the Hubbard link being dead, I'll have to look around for another. Cool that you got to see him in concert.

I'm head over heels in love with the three chicks in The Wild Reeds right now. great band. man can they sing. and play.
Then and the Avett Brothers. No Hard Feelings is too good of a song to die without hearing.

Anyway bro, the grow looks great. I'm so glad you ended up with a nice pineapple pheno of C99. I miss mine.

In my NFT thread I have some root pics. plus I've altered my method a bit and I'm about to post some new pics, there is a root pic in the new pics i took too. Nice and white. The res in bloom is feeding a 12 week strain and the res is open on top and I'm getting a little algae. but no rot.

If you like Hubbard and avett brothers, give Tyler Childers- nose on the grindstone, also colter wall- sleeping on the blacktop is not to be missed either. Both artists are phenomenal live acoustic. Lots of videos of them on YouTube. I'm listening to the wild seeds now and holy bejesus!!! Look up npr music tiny desk concerts on YouTube. Anyhow them girls remind me of the wailin jennies. Thanks for sharing the lead on some good music!

So that pineapple smelling pheno took an interesting turn in curing. Got about a monthish of cure and she ain't pineapple goodness anymore. She smells like dirty diapers, and rotten fruit. Super pungent to the point where people make funny faces when they stick their nose in the jar to smell her. It makes me giggle when they do. Some people love her, others can't get past the smell... very sativa in small doses, any more than a little bit will derail your day. The concentrates were made when she was fresh so that is still nice and fruity. Give brother Grimm a try, I am happy with the #3 pheno. Oh and #4 wound up smelling like cookie dough after curing. I didn't clone her again as the yield and buds were not up to my standards. Oh well.

A little algae never hurt anything in my garden. The aero table gets a little at the outer edge of the blueboard. I'll check on your thread shortly. I'm glad your garden is nice and healthy amigo!

Signature updated to show the current grow in bloom. It's a pretty solid throw down between dwc and aero. Both sides are definitely putting up a good fight. All are welcome to swing on by and see what kind of no good I'm up to
:plant grow:

Oh and I'll get them test result reports uploaded tonight!

Last edited:
Blue dream has been ran finally. Smells like blueberries and flowers. Definitely makes better concentrates than buds. Stable at room temp, not very sticky, and great color.

picture.php

picture.php

What's brown, comes in cubes, and will get you stoned to the bone? Root beer hard candies! Made with orange glue shatter. Roughly 10mg concentrate per cube. These little 1/4" cubes are delicious.
picture.php

Spot on. I miss that lady and that was no better description of her. I grew it out a long time ago from (what I was told) Brothers Grimm stock. It is still my absolute favorite to this day.

Thanks for posting, I've followed Cindy this far and saw some other really cool things you have going on there.

So with a less than a week for dry and cure, she smells faintly of pineapple. These 3 females came from regular seeds. I just got back from my buddy's wife sampling that nug. She said it has a very mild flavor that tastes a little fruity. Effects wise it's pure Cindy and a energetic, giggly, clear headed high. I was told there would be consequences if she didn't get first dibs on it once she is fully cured. Oh and it smokes smooth as silk. I find this kind of surprising since no flush and proper cure. I'm really stoked to see how she develops with a proper cure. It's always intriguing smelling them as they go through the final change. Oh I will be making some fresh frozen bho with c99. It has been requested as well.

Welcome aboard slackerbri! Cindy is one hell of a lady. She has earned a spot in my garden for sure. I'm all over the place with what I do, and what I grow. My current obsession is dialing in low pressure aeroponics, and I'm making progress with it. Speaking of which here is how the current batch of seedlings (up front in the smaller tote), and clones (bigger tote) are doing. Root zone picture is of the clones. These are both isolated totes filled up to the spray bar with solution. It's an experiment to see if air stones are needed with this setup. The clone tote has an air stone, and the seedling tote doesn't. It appears air stones are not needed as it aerates the water plenty. The seedling roots are just as healthy as the clones.

picture.php

picture.php

Holeeeeee Sh!t, look at those roots. It certainly seems like you've got the whole Aero thing worked out. I was actually just getting ready to start an experiment with that system back before I was shut down. It made a ton of sense but the formula had to be correct with little margin for error.

I may work my way back there one day but for now it's Coco for me, baby steps.

Welcome aboard slackerbri! Cindy is one hell of a lady. She has earned a spot in my garden for sure. I'm all over the place with what I do, and what I grow. My current obsession is dialing in low pressure aeroponics, and I'm making progress with it. Speaking of which here is how the current batch of seedlings (up front in the smaller tote), and clones (bigger tote) are doing. Root zone picture is of the clones. These are both isolated totes filled up to the spray bar with solution. It's an experiment to see if air stones are needed with this setup. The clone tote has an air stone, and the seedling tote doesn't. It appears air stones are not needed as it aerates the water plenty. The seedling roots are just as healthy as the clones.

View Image
View Image

Aeroponics is pretty user and plant friendly. Coco and other drip to waste systems look like fun. I'm thinking about giving drip to waste a try in my greenhouse. Outdoors this season should be a fun experience.

What are you using for the pictures, a phone or a camera? She is looking good, each time I look at your posts I'm thinking about the switch from soil/coco to Aero.