What's new

High price seeds over $20 each good genetics wrapped in golden paper mean

Ttutorial

420club
winner@420giveaway
Hey i wanna try Square one or Robbin Hood (THCTITAN) the first time.
Is here someone who run his gear once?

I do have the choise between:
Nanaz (Runtz x BBC)
Frozen BAG (BAG x BBC)
BBC= Banana Butter Cups, stop it guys, its not what u think xD

kordo

Some growers runs only one grow session a year with few plants and they want/need to avoid killing all plants in case of beeing all males. So they buy feminized seeds.
They could also try with more regular, maybe for cheaper price but we don't all think the same way.

I first grow feminized during my current session. I discovered that individual beans offered by the grow shop I got to were...
I saw Paradise Seeds, for me it was regular. I have grown their Belladonna some years ago.
But they only sell feminized nowadays 😤

I think and never bought any seeds for more than 8€ per seed, most of the time between 3 and 6€ per seed.

🤌🪙

Last edited:

Riviera123

Wow 50% take from seedbanks . Seed banks do bring the bling out with shiny pics of buds and promotions.
I have ordered from Nirvana and they are a little cheaper .
I like their Northern Lights fem seeds. I have a order coming from North Atlantic seed company . Great interesting comments on this thread

Old Uncle Ben

Wow 50% take from seedbanks . Seed banks do bring the bling out with shiny pics of buds and promotions.
I have ordered from Nirvana and they are a little cheaper .
I like their Northern Lights fem seeds. I have a order coming from North Atlantic seed company . Great interesting comments on this thread
You must be in the states? Please update us on that N Atlantic seed order. Am interested in some of their Ace Thai.

You guys need to cross some of your faves. I have enough seeds for 10 generations. My 20+ backcross of the original Brother Grimm's is one example as are old school crosses I made with stuff from The Flying Dutchmen, Sensi, Positronics, Bros Grimm.

kro-magnon

Veteran
You must be in the states? Please update us on that N Atlantic seed order. Am interested in some of their Ace Thai.

You guys need to cross some of your faves. I have enough seeds for 10 generations. My 20+ backcross of the original Brother Grimm's is one example as are old school crosses I made with stuff from The Flying Dutchmen, Sensi, Positronics, Bros Grimm.
I don't have a huge seeds stock because I pollinate only a small branche each time I do some but I agree, every grower should make some seeds from his favorite plants. The problem is more and more small growers are using only fem seeds so they don't have the ability to make their own unless they have some herm seeds.
The rise of fem seeds in the catalogue is not a hazard, sellers know they will sell more if their customer can't make their own easily.

I've spent less than $200USD over 20years on acquiring genetics. Making friends, trading, gifts from folks, bagseeds before auto flowers became popular.

The seeds bought have been regular seeds and only fems popped have been freebies and a herming incident involving GG4.

Buy decent regulars seeds one time, make some seeds and don't look back.

SunnyListon

I've spent less than $200USD over 20years on acquiring genetics. Making friends, trading, gifts from folks, bagseeds before auto flowers became popular.
Your way is okay, but in some ways your living under a rock.
Buy some top regulars from a producer you trust and get some proven genetics that are long time around. Theres a reason, why they are long time around.

You miss too much, Buddy

whiteberrieS

With A Black Flag Raised In The Sky
Veteran
Sure.

But now, after the decriminalization of cannabis in Germany I assume there will be a lot more seeds and cuttings available in the future...
So at least uere pieces will probably drop.
German engineering 🤔 MEIN KAWF

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not an auto flowering genetics fan. It's nothing more than dich weed AKA ruderalis. This is low quality subspecies of cannabis. It gets mixed into quality genetics often and is not disclosed. When we find plants in veg flowering this is why. I know Nevile used ruderalis in some work. I would guess he was after the high CBD ratio and the shorter maturation time.

I have a massive seed collection. Many thousands of diferant genetics I collected and made over the last 70 years. I'll never stop breeding cannabis while I'm still able.

*GROWHIGH*

Veteran
Early adopters are usually the ones who pay through the roof, the market almost always takes care of hype inflation, think of any big trend in cannabis from widow to jack to sour to purps to cookies to cake their popularity becomes their curse and the market becomes awash with those genetics..and imo, as long as the sources are true and reliable you can often find just as good a keeper mother in the cheapo seeds as the expensive ones ..'jock horror' being one of the best examples

kro-magnon

Veteran

The seeds bought have been regular seeds and only fems popped have been freebies and a herming incident involving GG4.

Buy decent regulars seeds one time, make some seeds and don't look back.
I couldn't grow only one seed line for ever, I like to have different type of weed for different type of high and flavor. It's not a necessity but a pleasure to buy some new seeds at least for me, because I'm curious about what they have to offer. I like exploring different genetics, this plant has so many different aspects to discover, that's one of the satisfactions I find in cultivating cannabis. Of course seeds sellers know there is many growers like me so they compete to get our attention and that's where you need to be a bit educated to not fall for their marketing.

Riviera123

Yes great points 👍 Seed Market Waves coming and going and a lot of the hyped up ones did nothing for my pain issues. I will post my North Atlantic seed order tomorrow just got it today! So I guess I need pollen from male plant to start to breed .

I couldn't grow only one seed line for ever, I like to have different type of weed for different type of high and flavor. It's not a necessity but a pleasure to buy some new seeds at least for me, because I'm curious about what they have to offer. I like exploring different genetics, this plant has so many different aspects to discover, that's one of the satisfactions I find in cultivating cannabis. Of course seeds sellers know there is many growers like me so they compete to get our attention and that's where you need to be a bit educated to not fall for their marketing.

I think if you do it right you will have enough variety for a lifetime.
Most of the strains going around have a little everything in them.

It is awful tempting some of these seeds companies though. I will say most of us have nowhere near the capability as big seed companies like DNA or Humbolt Seed Co. They sift through thousands of plants making their selections. Seemingly in pursuit of a homogenous crop, something I have zero interest in.

I think the work we do in our homes making seeds will show years from now when cannabis has gone the way of the apple.
I had some solid cuts a large grow in Denver was running because a friend gave them to me. Gave me thrips and mites from hell too.
GG4, Blue Dream, Sour Brasi, Greaseball, Banana Kush, Golden Goat and a few others I hit with a male from my group.

Last edited:

CharlesU Farley

I'm not an auto flowering genetics fan. It's nothing more than dich weed AKA ruderalis. This is low quality subspecies of cannabis. It gets mixed into quality

I'm not either. I could understand if you're interested in getting a sativa to flower, like far north in the northern hemisphere, but other than that, I'm not sure I really understand the reasoning of an growing autoflower.

genetics often and is not disclosed. When we find plants in veg flowering this is why. I know Nevile used ruderalis in some work. I would guess he was after the high CBD ratio and the shorter maturation time.
From the Mr Nice forum:

Nevil
Breeder
Sep 15, 2010
Add bookmark

"Hi Pin
Tell me about the Dagestani.
I found my Ruderalis in Northern Hungary. I only kept the early flowering gene going and got rid of every other trait. I've seen the wild Bulgarian weed, not much good for anything.
Some Early Queen got planted there and came in before the landraces.
I've never been to the Czech republic but would love to go there.
N."

My total and complete _guess_ of his motivation would be, it was for the early maturation time versus cbd.

As I said in another thread, if you can't figure out how to turn a fucking light off and on, this thread ain't for you. ;)

Riviera123

My take on autflowers is they seem unpredictable and seem to take a long time to finish. They are certainly not for beginner growers.
So the big companies like Humboldt are sorting thru thousands of plants and they sell the primo seed / great genetics . So why do people pheno hunt if they can just buy that great seed from Humboldt ?

kro-magnon

Veteran
Autos seeds can be useful for outdoor growing, but it exists since the 80's and only got heavily promoted once the fem/autos appeared because with those growers HAVE to buy seeds at each crop. That's marketed to new growers who are drowned in the mass of informations you have to digest when you start growing and don't know you can have crops as fast indoor with 2 different small grow areas.
They are not needed indoor and drive your energy cost higher because they live all their cycle on 18/6 or more. Yet many people grow them indoor and I sometimes see some very impressive results with those seeds but I won't grow them myself. I've made 2/3 autos freebies in my veg area and the buds were nothing to write home except for the density, their yield was higher than I thought each time because of this density.The problem is none of them were the supposed genetics, I've grown a Orange Sherbet Auto who ended being a straight Skunk/Auto cross, I reconised the smell/tatse immediately.
For outdoor growers with short growing season I totally get the interest of such genetics, it allows almost everybody to have a harvest and that's a good thing.

Latest posts

Latest posts